Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's lonely in here!

Guest LCTickleBelly

Guest LCTickleBelly

Aren't there any other KS bandsters that visit this site?

I am scheduled for surgery this Thursday 1/27. I am a bit nervous but I feel prepared and am looking forward to this new phase of my life. :banana

Welcome! It is natural for you to be nervous, if you weren't you wouldn't be human. :o Please browse through some of the older posts as well as the newer ones and you will find lots of valuable informtion.

Tell us a little about yourself! Please go to the introduction thread and post, you will actually get more replies from that. Good luck!

Guest CINDYOFOZ

were are you having the surgery done? I want to do it but I dont no that much about it and im so tired of being a fatty. want to do it for my kids . and does insurance pay for it?

Hey LC... I just know you are going to love your band! Congrats on having a surgery date and hang in there... you'll be in bandland before you know it and the nervousness will all be behind you!

Cindy... Every insurance company is different... you will need to find out if your insurance pays for bariatric surgery and then find out if they cover the Lap banding. My insurance did pay a percentage of my surgery... but if they hadn't... I probably would have opted to go to Mexico to have it done. Good Luck!

Darcy

I don't live in KS, but do live in MO and am hoping to go to Mexico 3-4-05 and get this done and behind me- - I am looking for anyone in the KS/MO area that could do follow up on my band post op- - PLEASE HELP!!

Hi,

I had my surgery on 1/25/05 in Mexicalli, Mexico by Dr. Aceves and I will probably have my fills done by Dr. Malley in Kansas City, KS. I hear that he will do fills for patients that had surgeries by other doctors. I have met him and he is very compasionate. I think we are fortunate to have someone so close and he is around $250 w/floro.

Guest kathyjo722

i am new to this and will meet my doc for the first meeting pre op on march 9th. how did your surgery go...and how are you doing now? thanks much. kathy

Dr. malley in Kansas City (actually he is in Lenexa) does fills for patients that had the lap band placed by other doctors. His number is 913-541-0230. The cost is around 250 if he uses the floroscopy to find the port. I hear he is good. I will be having my first fill by him March 16. My surgery was in Mexico on 1/25. I have lost 13 pounds so far. I thought that having the surgery in Mexico was a good choice for me - I was self-pay.

Thanks for all the info about Dr. Malley, I contacted his office and they are willing to see me anytime after I get back from Mexico!! I too feel fortunate that he is so close for me. I am really starting to get nervous as surgery is just 2 days away for me!!!!

Wannabe - It is only natural for you to be nervous. Try to relax, it will be over before you know it. Good Luck, and please post and let us know how you're doing when you are able.

I am back home and had the band done on 3-4-05 - - I am doing good!! I really like Dr. Rodriguez and everything was up to snuff in the San Pedro clinic - - the language barrier was a bit of a challenge, but was very glad I had my hubby with me for moral support!!