Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Aetna experience?

nene and dogluvr,

Mine took 6 weeks but it finally came. My husband paper work was sent back three weeks ago. I called on Friday and they said they had just received it. I know that's now true because I was standing there three weeks ago when the nurse in the office faxed it to them. It will come soon for all of you.

Hi Everyone! I'm brand new as a registered member but have been reading this forum for ages. I don't want to take away from this thread (hope this isn't against the rules or anything) but I've documented my whole ordeal at:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f8/approved-aetna-without-complete-medical-history-55056/

It's very long, so you probably shouldn't read it unless you have a lot of time. Ultimately, I was approved just yesterday! - never had to appeal. Also, didn't have a proper medical history (didnt even have 2 years). I am very VERY excited

:smile:

So here's the update, I got an email from my coordinator at the Surgery center- She called the review nurse handling my file yesterday to check the status, and she hasnt heard back from her yet. Quote " Shes not a bad nurse, but se is a bit on the slow side and isnt the best at getting back to people".

LOL @ MY LUCK!!!

I am going to the surgeon to talk about getting the band this week... I am on month number 6 of a diet supervised by a dietician... will Aetna approve this as a supervised diet as long as there is paperwork to show... or will they make it a doctor supervised diet?

Congrats Lonestar. Guess what??? I got APPROVED. Whoo Hoo!!!!!! I don't have a surgery date yet, but I am trying to talk to the doctor's office today to see what I have to do next and then I will schedule my surgery date.

I am so HAPPY

I'm so happy for you NeNe! It is so fun and incouraging to watch all of y'all finally make it to the next step!! Tell us how it goes! ... Meliss

Miss Melis,

I will definitely keep everyone informed. This is the beginning of my journal.

NeNe - somehow I missed your anouncement of approval last week. Yeah!!!!!!!! Awesome. You will be so happy you made this decision. I am only a week and a few days post-op, but I feel so happy mentally about doing this. I am soooo looking forward to this summer, knowing every month I will be a little lighter. I just can't believe the change in my head. When is your surgery date? Keep us posted.

Congrats NeNe,

We got another denial letter for my husband. It says even though they require only 2 years of weight history, they still need 2005. They have 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008. We've called numerous times and everyone I talked to says that it doesnt make sense that we got denied, but there's no one we can talk to inorder to find out why. They recommend that we appeal again. I dont know what to do and I'm sick of these people.

JUDBO414 - That is so unbelievable. I know you are sick of this, but with their 2 year requirement, this doesn't make sense to me. Call and call and see if you can get someone in review to talk to you. If you appeal, I would include a letter stating that you have supplied more than the required two year health history. You have to bring it to their attention somehow if you can't get to the right person on the phone. Keep trying, don't give up.