Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Aetna experience?

So my friend is being banded tomorrow 11 am, the one that got approval in one day, and I'm so depressed all I can do is cry. We went through the process together but she would make her apts before mine so she finished and submitted a week before me. Without an approval yet I feel like I'm being left behind. I don't even want to go to work or leave my couch until I get that call:unsure: I don't know how young been holding up nen waiting so long. Sigh.

dogluvr,

Don't beat yourself up. You will be approved before you know it. Get up off the couch and do what you have to do to get prepared for your new life. You will be approved!!!!

Praying for you,

Ms. NeNe

Miss Melissa - It is not Lockheed. Don't worry, you will get approved. I think my situation is a very unusual set of circumstances. It is out of the norm. Heck, my dentist offfice told me this week that they have to wait about 6 weeks to get pre-cert approval back on me just for dental work. I think all of you will have a much faster and easier result than I. Hang in there to everyone. Your new life is just around the corner.

Miss Melissa - It is not Lockheed. Don't worry, you will get approved. I think my situation is a very unusual set of circumstances. It is out of the norm. Heck, my dentist offfice told me this week that they have to wait about 6 weeks to get pre-cert approval back on me just for dental work. I think all of you will have a much faster and easier result than I. Hang in there to everyone. Your new life is just around the corner.

Lonestar,

Thanks for such encouraging words.

I just found out my stuff was faxed to the wrong number at Aetna, which means they will never find the first fax. So now I have to wait until tomorrow to see if they found it or if it needs to be re-faxed again.

I was reading this thread as very different system to what we have in

Australia. I must admit I have been checking for the few days after reading this thread hoping you would be approved Lone star. Congratulations :)

I wish you all the best for the surgery and hopefully that wont be too far away

Congrats Lonestar! I was keeping an eye on this thread waiting to hear about your approval! You're on your way!

Tina

NeNe - You aren't going to believe this, I just got the call. I have been APPROVED! I am still in shock. Scared and excited!

I noticed that in your sig. Congrats!

NeNe - You aren't going to believe this, I just got the call. I have been APPROVED! I am still in shock. Scared and excited!

Whoo HOO!!!!! Go Lonestar....it must have been that little prayer I said for you. I am so happy. Please keep me posted on your progress.

CONGRATS!

Sincerely,

Ms. NeNe

Thanks for all the good wishes. I hope this process gets much easier in the days ahead for those coming after me. I think with the awareness of the benefits of this surgery now being talked about openly on CNN, MSNBC, medical conferences, the climate of acceptance of this being a necessary part of the dynamic when considering how to care for people and make sure we have every chance at a healthy life, will happen. As my doctor says, "this is an absolute necessity for the health and well being of some of my patients. It is another tool at my disposal for helping them." Hang in there to all that wait. I discovered that I was way too fearful of being denied and made the process much harder on myself. Know your criteria from your own ins. company, and if you meet it, relax, it will happen.

NeNe - Thanks so much. Four weeks to the day that my file went in to medical review. I am exhausted but happy. Thanks for the prayer. I will now return the favor for you. IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU TOO!!! We will both be on our way very shortly!!

CONGRATS LONESTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, I am soooo happy for you! I went "fishing" with Aetna yesterday afternoon and all the rep could say was its "pending". :c(

Congrats congrats!!!! My friend had her surgery yest... 28 minutes long!!

dogluvr - Thanks so much. Any time I went "fishing" with Aetna all I got was the "pending" answer too. But don't be discouraged. They had me pending for 4 weeks. I thought for sure that meant bad news, but I was wrong. Hopefully, you will be one of the fast turn-arounds. I hope so. How is your friend doing? 28 minutes, wow! I am a little nervous, but very, very excited today. Started the pre-op diet today so I really feel like I am finally moving forward. Keep us posted. I will keep checking in so I don't miss your good news of approval!!