Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Aetna experience?

Wow, that sucks for me, but that is awesome for all you others who just started the process or already have your 3 months met. Congrats to you all with the new changes!! Good for Aetna for stepping up and caring about their patients enough to make this a little easier for everyone... I hope you all get approved soon!

I am so excited about the 5 years switching to 2 years! I have been trying to track down year 5 and I have been stressing about it. I will also send this change to the insurance handler at my doctors office. 2 years ... I'm in like Flynn!!! (what ever that means) :smile:

I'm in like Flynn!!! (what ever that means) :smile:

Oddly, I just read about this on IMDB.com the other day when I was researching Erroll Flynn... Here is what it said:"The phrase "In like Flynn," stems from his 1942 trial for statutory rape"

Apparently Mr. Flynn was quite a tramp and was accused of rape a few times but always got off... he would even poke fun of it and wanted to title his book "In like Me", but picked a different title.

Hi Eveyone!

I just send off an email to my insurance guy asking him to clarify some things for me. I'm hoping that it will make things go smoothly for the approval process. If not, I'll be paying for this myself, so no new car for a few more years.

Hang in there! I'm going to have the same positive attitude that this will all be approved.

Hello!

Ok, so the agent guy is confused as to why it ISN'T covered and has asked the claims folks to get back to him. I am SO HOPEFUL. Sorry that I am posting this here, but my best friend is away, so I don't have anyone to tell my ups and downs to.

I'm keeping the positive attitude!

"in like Flynn" - EWWWW!

Oh my gosh!!!! I just got the call from my surgeon's office that she gave them the info needed on 5 year weight history and Aetna turned around and immediately approved my surgery this morning! I have to now wait to get a surgery date. She says she gives the approved patients list to the surgeons' to schedule and then I should here something soon!

:(:tt2::wub:;)

My 90 day program ends in 1 week! My final apt is 2-25. Then they will submit to Aetna. Wish me luck I am starting to get nervous now!

OMG Special K!!!!! How wonderful! Congratulations.

Aetna still hasn't made a decision for me. True Results said they submitted week of 1-28 the first time, then Aetna said they didn't receive 5 year history, so True Results re-sent it 2-4. Aetna told me on 2-11 that they had everything and that it went to medical review, but no answer yet. I will call again this Friday.

Congrats Special K! Way to go! I am glad that Aetna is approving people again. I heard they were getting harder this year but after their changes I think it just became easier for everyone of us! I am on the three month diet and only have 49 days to go! I see the suregon May 16th!

Congrats for your approval!!! I think they are getting better at approving this stuff...

It's weird though... they "re-review" your case every two weeks.. I forget what the letter states, but it says something like, "your case will be under review again on _______ date". Mine goes under review again the day after my surgery, so I'd get the soonest date you can now and already start cutting out carbs, sugars and fruits...

I need some good thoughts going our way to Aetna on what I think is just a paperwork lag thing. I had a first letter dated Feb 6 saying they wanted the 5 year weight history. It took my surgeon's office until Feb 18 (this past Monday) to get that to them and the surgeon's office called me that same day, Monday Feb 18th and said I'm approved and I was so elated. But in the meantime Aetna sent a letter dated Feb 13 saying my request for surgery was denied due to needing 6 months of weight loss history. So I have to wait overnight until the surgeon's office opens in the morning to make sure they have it right that Aetna approved the surgery on February 18 and then hope I get a third letter from Aetna saying in writing I'm approved now. Cross your fingers and say a prayer this is just a paperwork lag thing but at least I thought I'd share in case others are going through something similar.

the surgeon's office called me that same day, Monday Feb 18th and said I'm approved and I was so elated. But in the meantime Aetna sent a letter dated Feb 13 saying my request for surgery was denied due to needing 6 months of weight loss history.

Ooh, that must be frustrating! I'll cross my fingers for you that the approval letter is already in the mail.

I need some good thoughts going our way to Aetna on what I think is just a paperwork lag thing. I had a first letter dated Feb 6 saying they wanted the 5 year weight history. It took my surgeon's office until Feb 18 (this past Monday) to get that to them and the surgeon's office called me that same day, Monday Feb 18th and said I'm approved and I was so elated. But in the meantime Aetna sent a letter dated Feb 13 saying my request for surgery was denied due to needing 6 months of weight loss history. So I have to wait overnight until the surgeon's office opens in the morning to make sure they have it right that Aetna approved the surgery on February 18 and then hope I get a third letter from Aetna saying in writing I'm approved now. Cross your fingers and say a prayer this is just a paperwork lag thing but at least I thought I'd share in case others are going through something similar.

I'm APPROVED FOR SURE!!!!!

I called Aetna and they said yes, their records show that the surgeon's office provided the missing information on Feb 18 and that Aetna approved my surgery that day!! That I will be getting a letter saying it is approved.

I feel so blessed.