Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post your daily complaint/gripe.

So thankful for this thread. I’m 6 weeks post-op (gastric sleeve) and have hit the mother of all stalls. I’m only 4 pounds down from my post-op weight even though I’m only eating about 6-8 ounces of food a day plus Protein shakes)... The nurse at the clinic gave me his number to contact him if I had any questions of concerns but is constantly giving me sarcastic/passive aggressive answers! (Insert eye-roll emoji) why give out your number if you don’t want to be bothered with questions??!... Anyways, is this stall normal early after surgery and will I still lose weight?

Two gripes include the whole bathroom problem thing that a lot of people seem to be delaying with (I just want to be regular!) and I pulled a muscle from working out and it's been nonstop hurting for 4 days at this point. It really sucks not being able to take any strong pain meds. Tylenol ain't cutting it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, trasib said:

ME TOO. at least Miralax doesnt taste bad...but UGH!

I am now taking Ducolax daily for at least a week per the Dr. Last night was day 2.. so will see if it has some good benefits. Seemed to work yesterday but not yet today LOL.. though it is early in the morning.

On 01/30/2019 at 21:48, Chris56 said:

My bariatric nurse said Benifiber helps with all poop issues. Both extremes.

My gripe.....9 days post op. Feeling so great but craving real food. Today had bites of chicken (chewed to pulp) and a shrimp. So freaking good. I feel like I taste things more now. So far my tastes have not changed.
I think we’re surgery buddies or close to. I was sleeved on the 21st and I can’t start foods til Sunday. I’ve been dreaming about scrambled eggs for days.

On 01/31/2019 at 12:42, Swanton_Bomb said:

My Hair loss is starting and my weight loss is slowing. In a low place at the moment.

I’m so sorry you’re feeling down. Those two things would make me feel down as well! My DIL warned me about the possibility of Hair loss and I started taking Biotin 6 months before my surgery. I started cutting the capsule open and adding it to applesauce last week and now ordered some chewable ones. I’m not sure it’s going to help but I’m hoping

4 hours ago, DanaC84 said:

I’m so sorry you’re feeling down. Those two things would make me feel down as well! My DIL warned me about the possibility of Hair loss and I started taking Biotin 6 months before my surgery. I started cutting the capsule open and adding it to applesauce last week and now ordered some chewable ones. I’m not sure it’s going to help but I’m hoping

Thanks. I've been on Biotin and other Vitamins since before the surgery but I know that most of it is shock from the anesthesia. Who knows, it might have been worse without it.