Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting week 7 post op.

I can start with normal foods. Yay! But I still have trouble getting more than 3oz in. Boo!

I weigh myself on Sundays and the weight loss is frustraaaatingly slow. :( There was one week where I lost 2 lbs. But all the others I lose less than a lb per week. Is this normal? How can this be when I'm basically starving (on average 500 cals a day)? I'm worried that if I ever get to the 1000-1200 cals per day I'll stop losing weight or start gaining again! And I still have like 50lbs to go to reach my goal. I'm afraid I'll never get there.

I had surgery the day after you did and my experience is very similar. I've lost 19 lbs in 7 weeks. I didn't lose anything at all during Weeks 4 and 5 and was "stalled." Now I'm losing like 1 lb a week. I almost think I need to eat MORE to lose more weight because I'm only eating 600-800 calories day, but in the end I just have to trust the process and know that the weight will come up maybe slowly, but surely.

Hey there!!! Welcome to the slowly but surely club! Some of us lose slower than what we see from others (and it's still perfectly fine) but as long as you don't let it play mind games with you, and stay focused, I promise it all adds up in the end.

Safe Journey 🎈

Edited by GreenTealael

I have cone to the conclusion that my metabolism Says "Frustr8, old girl, I don't want you to die, I'll just. slow down so you don't starve to death now!" Yeah Thanks Metabolism , Thanks a Lot. I have Love Handles no one is grabbing ahold of anymore. And I'm still wide enough to have my own Zip Code, I am thinner Front to Back but pretty wide! Last time I told someone how much I have lost since surgery, they drew back. and said "Sweet Jesus Jones, just HOW BIG were YOU?" and to that point I was feeling triumphant! There was so much less of ME I thought people would Celebrate with me. But even on TPN with my calories up to what I would consider mid-point, 1403, I lost 3 whole pounds. Maybe instead of a year to goal I shall be 18 or so months. Still okay, maybe less of a shock to the Old chassis.I am a🚗 jalopy not a sleek BMW after all, But jalopies are trustworthy, they do get you where you need to go and the Finish Line🚧is just that, don't matter if you get there in a rush or chug-a-chugging along. So Beep Beep I'm still on my way!

I am in the club of frustrated, slow losers. Interestingly, I am at 207 now, down from 252 pre-surgery, and this is the weight where I always stalled out on regular diets. It's like this must be the place where my body is happy and wants to stay! I had a goal of being in onederland by Feb. 1. Clearly not gonna happen. This plagues my mind as a driven, competitive person. I am doing EVERYTHING according to direction, cals, Protein, fluids etc. yet I'm definitely the tortoise, not the hare!!!! I am cleared to exercise now so I guess I'm gonna have to sweat it off although I have some concern as to how to keep my cals high enough when I do. I am trusting that it will all work out!

It doesn't matter how long something takes as long as one Does not stop.

It matters a little!!! 🙂