Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone regret having their sugrey in mexico

No regrets at all. My wife and I were both banded at the same time, and being self-pay it was a no-brainer. Research is important, though...You need to be sure of the doctor and facilities you choose. But, again, the upside is a much lower cost if you are self pay. We have had a good experience all the way around. In fact, my wife had an issue (not band related, but it was shortly after surgery) so when she couldn't reach our primary physician here, we called Dr. Rumbauts office in Mexico and spoke with them on the first try. That's pretty sad when we can get better response from a doctor in another country than we can out BlueCross covered primary care right here in town! Sorry - I'm ramblin' on...In any event, our band procedures, hospital stay and follow up with Dr. Rumbaut and his team have been great. We both had our 1st fills there as well, but now there's a Fill Centers USA close enough for us to drive to, and that will be cheaper in both time and money than going back to Mexico.

Hope you find the doctor your looking for!

Thank you. Thank you for saying research is important. It is, it is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves in life. Research your heart out and find the doc that is right for you.

Personal opinion only, I think you made a very great decision. You clearly went to one of the two best surgeons in Mexico. You obviously did your research.

Dr. Daniel Huacuz.... you'll find all sorts of info on here and the other obesityhelp forum.

Not come across anyone unhappy...actually, I think he's the lowest maintenance surgeon around as get the band and after you get it adjusted to restriction.... you are smooth sailing.

So many have problems, have to go back in for re positioning or port flipped...or something else. Not w/ Dr. Huacuz.

Huacuz Surgical Center and if this link turns into some long thing lapbandtalk does... its www . huacuz . com

Oh my goodness, that just isn't true. Not even close.

Lots of people have regrets about Mexico if you keep reading threads & posts here. You can't listen to everything you read without doing a lot of extensive research both here and outside of this message board.

Lots of people have regrets about Mexico if you keep reading threads & posts here. You can't listen to everything you read without doing a lot of extensive research both here and outside of this message board.

Um, see my sig?

Lots of people have regrets about banding in the US. Your point?

I'm not banded yet.. but here's my 2 cents !

Research is the key, but nothing is 100% perfect.. There is always that one chance that something will happen. No one is perfect, does that make the whole bad? no, not by my standards.. So here, there, pick your country, pick your doctor, just make sure that doctor is YOUR pic, not someone else's... RESEARCH is the key... WASaBubbleButt quotes it the best.. DO YOUR RESEARCH. via computer, phone, visits, etc.. just MHO.....