Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap-Band Support group

Date: Thursday - June 16, 2005 Time: 6:00PM-7:30PM

Description: Lap Band Support Group

Phone: 775-326-9152 Toll Free: 866-986-8812

Guest ericbanded

Hello EveryOne,

Just wanted to inform eveyone who cares about adjustment, That I am accepting new patients at this time and would love to hear from you if interested. 702-274-6763. I perform a non-x-ray adjustments and have approx. 57 patients in the Las Vegas, Laughlin, Bullhead City, Henderson and Summerlin. I Have achieved 12 patients to goal weight and my biggest loser past 200 lbs. I have compeitive prices and programs.

Thanks

Eric Tiesi

Physician Assistant

Ericbanded: I addressed this one another one of your posts. PLEASE do not solicit patients on this site.

penni.. whats the new policy on deleting threads? can we vote to have them removed?

Katerzz: Are you talking about a THREAD or a POST? And if you are referring to the Ericbanded post then I would have to discuss it with the other moderators.

Please clarify what you are referring to exactly so I am clear what you are asking.

penni.. whats the new policy on deleting threads? can we vote to have them removed?

yea.. the ericbanded post

I will confer with the moderators and see what to do.

yea.. the ericbanded post

no.. I should probably make one yea? =P man i miss having extra time to post!!

Katerzz: Of the moderators that have posted we are in consensus to delete that one post on this thread about services.

Guest Molly Mitchell

Hi gang. I had trouble getting my password approved [again] (I don't check my e-mail daily), but I'm the Molly Mitchell who had a post back in May. I finally got approved after fighting "the system" and had my lap band put in on June 21st. I've had so many people ask me about the experience that I've created a Blog about my experience for the first two weeks. Truth be told, I'm in the process of creating it. I've only got the first page done. When I was considering whether to get the surgery done or not, I really looked for first person information but found very little. That's why I'm doing this Blog. This is not a sales pitch, just my experience with the process. If you're interested, it can be read on http://lapbandexperience.blogsource.com. My user name is renonative. By the way, the person who runs the South Meadows group (Beth who was one of the surgical nurses on my operation) did have gastric bypass, but she's a very good moderator and has a wealth of information. Don't her not having the lap band stop anyone from going to that group which specializes in lap band candidates at South Meadows. I hope this information helps.

Hi, my name is Lorna. I live in Sparks and I am going through the hoops to get approved. I am attending the Support Group tonight and then I am seeing the nutritionist at UNR on Monday. I have heard that HHP makes it pretty difficult to get approval for this procedure but I am hoping I have all my ducks in a row when the paperwork is submitted. I am very excited about this procedure and I am hoping to be close to my goal by next May when my husband and I go on a cruise for our 25th anniversary. I have enjoyed reading all your messages.

Guest Molly Mitchell

Thanks for your message. I hope you've had a chance to read the blog (I just finished it tonight 7/23). HHP did make it very difficult to get approved, especially a Dr. Keystone who was their medical director. There is now another Dr. in charge there as I heard that Keystone was considered imcompetent. I wound up sending letters (two of them as the first one was rebuffed) with last one going to Jim Miller who is the CEO of Washoe. My approval reply to the second one, came back with my copy, one to Western Bariatric and a copy of Jim Miller (heh, heh, heh). The moral here is don't be afraid to fight the system. Also, on the 28th, there's a meeting at South Meadows with the topic being plastic surgery after weight loss. You have to pre-register for that (the article was in last Thursdays, June 21st Journal), on the back page of the health section under Washoe Medical Center. Hope to see you there. And good luck with your trek to get approval. But be aware they will be testing your endurance to keep on this path.

Hey guys.. little late on notice but I wanted to inform everyone that there will be a plastic surgery seminar held at South Meadows Hospital by Dr. Dahan THURSDAY JULY 28TH (Today) It will start at 6:30 at the south meadows hospital in the "cafeteria" area. This will be related directly to plastic surgery after weight loss. If you have any questions please email me. Again, sorry for the short notice but please attend it will be very informative for all of us who have had WL surgery or who have just managed to loose a lot of weight.

Its at the new hospital in south reno. Washoe Medical Center South Meadows is located at 10101 Double R Boulevard off the South Meadows Parkway in south Reno. Free surface parking is available.

Phone: 775-982-7000