Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a kick in the pants!

Hi All

I have been on my lapband Quest since this summer and will finish my six month period for insurance approval next month. The weight loss center that I have been working with requires that I lose sixteen pounds before I am scheduled to see the surgeon. I struggled for months...gaining and losing the same five pounds. Then last month I lost nine pounds! I was well on my way to the sixteen pound mark but hit a huge roadblock. Since I last saw the docin October, I gained it ALL back. I go for my November check-in with the doc and dietician tomorrow and needless to say, I am dreading it. I am embarrassed, shamed, guilty, etc. I thought about cancelling but I own this, I need to deal with it. No more running and hiding. I am not going to be one of those people who go in with an "I don't know what happended" excuse because I DO know what happended....I got cocky, thought that i could do it on my own without the diet journal and hard core attitude. At every meal I told myself that this would be my last "cheat". I let the gain happen because I fell back into old patterns. So, I am now back to square one. I did however, march myself into Curves two weeks ago and have gone almost everyday since. I'll see the doctor, the dietician and am schedule for three nutrition classes tomorrow. (I live 2.5 hours away so I make the most of my day off and gas money). If I lose the sixteen pounds by my december appoinmnet they will go ahead and schedule me for an appoinment with the surgeon as planned. If not, I assume that i will be benched until I do lose the weight. I guess that I am wondering if they are going to question my commitment. Why wouldn't they, I am? Old habits die hard. Any advice?

:whip: This is as close to a kick in the pants as I could find. LOL.

I know it's hard to change old eating habits, but you just need to get back on track. It is a sacrifice that will be well worth it in the end. It would be a shame if this 6 month insurance waiting period was all for nothing. Does your nutritionist have you on a specific diet plan or did they tell you to lose it however you wanted to? If not, you might want to consider cutting out carbs since you don't have very long until your next appt. Eating low carb can make pounds come off rather quickly. Good luck and I hope you are able to lose the weight in time.

Thanks for the support. They don't have me on a specific plan. So I have been just doing whatever. When I I lost the nine pounds I was substituting the Optifast shake for Breakfast and lunch. My original plan was to take a day off from doing that. The day break turned into another day and then three, five, ten.......you know the story. Thanks!

You own this!!!

You have worked hard for 6 months!

You can do it!

And by losing that last 16 lbs you will show that insurance company-ha...I told you this is what I want....and I want it bad-and now you will have to pay for it all!!!

look thru your pictures...read a good motivational book that will get your mind in the right path to control your thoughts. It is probably fear sinking in that once you have achieved it begins your true life altering process of the new you coming out....the thin you!

kick yourself in gear and go that extra mile!

Hi Lady bug,

I was asked to lose about 27 pounds before my surgery, but they told me 10-15 would be good enough for them to schedule me a date... I lost nicely on my own by counting calories for about 6-8 pounds, then I freaked and gained back like 10. I feel ya sister... After talking with my primary care physician, we agreed on weekly weigh ins at the dr's office so it was recorded AND I joined weight watchers and started the core (low carb) plan. I lost 11 pounds in a couple weeks and I was scheduled for a sugery date 3 weeks later. That was my experience.