Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband Thought for the Day..?

I hiested this from Smartbandsters - Jessie Ahroni. I think it's a very good analogy..

Anybody can

stop their car by driving into a brick wall. It takes a lot more skill to

stop it two inches before the wall. And it's the same with the band: it

takes more skill to stop at the subtle signals that you've had enough to

eat. Anybody can learn to stop when they've pouch packed, they're stuffed

or they're about to throw up. That's not the best way to use your band.

That's a case of letting the band do all the work.

Frito-Lay: Mark of the beast... :o

LEATHA ARE YOU CRAVING chips??????? MY HUSBAND WORKS FOR FRITO LAY! I THOUGHT YOU SAYING THIS WAS SO FUNNY CAUSE I'M MARRIED TO A FRITO LAY BEAST! HA!HA!

The funny thing is that I really don't crave chips, and I guess it is because I can pretty much get them any time I want ,so I really don't want them. I WANT CHOCLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea. chips are not my friend. It's funny. Fritos are really the only ones I ever buy anymore. Cheetos used to be my favorite, but I haven't bought them not one time since being banded.

The reason this came to mind was:

My computer is in my bedroom and I'm notorious for eating at the puter and well, last night, I brought the Fritos to the puter and had a few and a few is the real story, however, I KNOW I shouldn't have them. So, when I woke up this morning, the first thing I saw was that bag of Fritos sitting atop my printer and that's the first thing that came to mind. 'Frito-Lay mark of the beast." lol. I thought it was funny, but let's be honest, most of their products are what got us where we are today. lol. Junk - my favorite food group! Ugh...

How true this is, I now buy the baked cheetos. I know it is not one of the better choices. My biggest fear being thin and not being able to eat the things I like. Knowing when to stop before we hit the wall.

Great heist. Thanks for sharing.

Leatha and athykathy I'm right there with ya on the junk food .... But at least I get something from frito lay that doesn't stick to my butt... the bills get paid...Ha!!Ha!!! I still don't now how to stay away from all the sweets cause thats my down fall?maybe when I get my band it will get a little easier to say no to some of my problem foods.