Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Random Off Color Comments!

Ok, I am really pissed today. I colored my hair red. Well I went to a class today and after the class the teacher made a totally random off color comment that not only creeps me out, it pisses me off...

He told me that I have becoming "Jessica Rabbit" for him and the red hair topped it off... WTF??? I asked if that was good, he smiled and said "yes"....I didn't say anything and just left class. ok I am totally creeped out, and now I am in the positiom where I want to call him out on it. BUT I have about 4 weeks left in class plus finals. Do I call him out on it or let it slide for now?

I am 99% sure he is hitting on me. But maybe not. Am I overreacting?

I would let it go until he says something else. Some other things to consider are things like yeah, you only have 4 weeks left in his class, but is there a chance you could get him again? If there's a very low probability you'll have him as a teacher again, I'd probably let it go altogether, (unless he says something else, or something more innappropriate).

Also, if he's really just flirting that's one thing. Completely different than intending to bait you to get a better grade, you know?

I must not be a reliable source for comment on this .....I don't know what "Jessica Rabbit" is....

Jessica Rabbit was the female cartoon wife of Roger Rabbit in the movie.

She was a tall red head with an hour glass figure and huge boobs.

Take it as a compliment and go on unless he becomes really creepy...

I didnt know what that ment either until someone just explained it. I have no idea what I would do, you could take it as a compliment I asked my hubby and he said Jessica Rabbit was a hottie LOL. I think I would feel uncomfortable but u dont have long in the class so maybe let it go unless he makes another comment then if he does u can confront him on it and if your grades bomb isnt that some sort of sexual harrassment?

I would let it go...I would, however, keep a little note about it with the date etc...and verbatim (or as much as you can)...if you have to report him later, you want to know as much as you can possibly remember....

I had a prof who tried to fail me for missing a test while attending the funeral of my mother...I reported him to the dept head and my grade was swiftly changed. But, you have to be able to go in there with a date and almost exact conversation.

Best of luck...it would have bugged me too...unless we had some sort of rapport....then, perhaps, I would have been able to deal with it.

Take care,

Rain

Jessica Rabbit:

jessica_rabbit.gif

and I would have shot back " oh yeah? I guess that means you're my Judge Doom".

Sometimes a snappy answer does the trick.

Avoid being in the same proximity with Professor Perve without another student present.

Thanks Lap dancer. The picture explains more than my commentary ever would.

I'm very, very much of a "no crap from no one" kind of person. The idealistic me says - report it, it's inappropriate, don't be objectified. But in this instance I can relate. I went through something similar my first year in undergrad, with 6 days left in the semester. I thought about doing smtg and decided to just ride it out. I had heard horror stories of people having to go through investigations, suspensions, sit out semesters, etc. -- and for 6 days --I just didn't want to deal with it.

I'm very, very much of a "no crap from no one" kind of person. The idealistic me says - report it, it's inappropriate, don't be objectified. But in this instance I can relate. I went through something similar my first year in undergrad, with 6 days left in the semester. I thought about doing smtg and decided to just ride it out. I had heard horror stories of people having to go through investigations, suspensions, sit out semesters, etc. -- and for 6 days --I just didn't want to deal with it.

That is what worries me, I just want to get out of his class and be done. I wrote down word for word what was said. I am pulling a 4.0 in the class and printed out the grade report as of last night. I think the thing that bothers me most is he is my teacher. I want to make sure this doesn't affect me in class.

I am going to ignore it unless he says something again. I pray I don't have to go to office hours or anything!

Thanks guys!

after the rusty gears of my brain worked a little bit more I must ask, what was the 'tone' of his voice? was it obviously in a joking manner? was it in a lusty voice with a accompanying leer?

after the rusty gears of my brain worked a little bit more I must ask, what was the 'tone' of his voice? was it obviously in a joking manner? was it in a lusty voice with a accompanying leer?

It was creepy, not joking. He emphasized "my" when he said it, like I was his personal toy or eye candy almost. Made me very uncomfortable, I felt like I should have been dancing on the tables for that kind of attention!

Boo Boo,

This is new territory for many of us, huh?

I'd go to a good friend who's a looker (what a term!) and get her opinion. And ask her for host of retorts for when shit happens again. Those women know how to deflect this stuff much better than women who matured over weight.

As for the professor, you could say if it happens again, "You're not being inappropriate again, are you?" It would put him on the defensive....as for now, do write it down and save the complaints for later if he goes further.

yuck.