Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help!!! input please

I am hoping some one can help before I call my surgeon?

Tuesday I had my 4 th fill each time she gives .5cc's always have done fine. However on the third fill I finally had good restriction and went 6 weeks and was scheduled for my 4th fill which was just this past Tuesday. So I am now up to 2 cc's in my 4cc band.

I have had restriction but just last night I pulled a good one, we had company over for supper and I tried to eat a little porkchops baked in the overn and potatoes and peas well after the 2nd bite iwas full and started burping and excuse the grossness sliming.....BAD:eek:

Well I have done this before and it passes. I have been sick since supper last evening now almost 24 hrs:help:

Even sips of something send me in to burping and sliming and I just feel uncomfortable.

So what is this do you think I am too full"my husband will kill me if I am":rolleyes: Soooo do you all think I am to restricted or did some thing else happen and if so what?

Also why wouldnt this have happend days ago it had been day 5 since the fill why would I be too restricted now and not like the day after?

I am hoping some one here can help I f I am not better by tomorrow morning I am going to have to go 150 miles to see her. What would you do?

Thanks in advance,

Julie:embarassed:

You've probably irritated your stomach with the incident, and should stay on liquids for a few days to let it settle. Hopefully there's nothign still stuck - are you OK until you drink or eat?

If you are able to get liquids down, give it a day to see if it settles and then if it does, a day or two more on liquids/mushies. If your'e still sliming and having trouble, you probably need to see your doctor to prevent getting dehydrated, you might need to take some fill out to let it settle.

It doesnt mean its always going to be too tight, but I'd be careful as you approach that level.

I agree with Jachut, I would go on liquids for 24 hours then move back to solids. BTW, when you have good restriction sometimes it is only a few bites!

I would allow it one more day with liquids and soft foods, too. Maybe because you were with company at your place you forgot to chew slowly?... give your stomach another 24hrs to go back to normal and it might go away. If not, you should call your doc.

niki

I am having the same problem since I had a fill last Friday. I throw up everything other than small sips of tea or Water. I only have 1.0 cc so I really don't understand why I can't keep anything down this time, but I am sick of vomitting and I am afraid to go on vacation this weekend but hate to have it taken out if I can get past the vomit stage. I have had 1 other fill and 1 unfill before due to this problem. Any thoughts?

Jachut is right on--stick to liquids, and let your belly settle down. If you can sip liquids, you might try a little pineapple juice, my fill Dr. recommends it to help aid in digesting things, due to the acidity, yet it is mild on the stomach. It helped me a time or 2.

If you are unable to keep liquid down, or if you are still unable to take in any food after 24 hours---call!

Sorry, you are having such issues!

Kat

That first bite or two can get any of us, good restriction or no. When I've had PB's, its without fail been from the first bite I swallowed. I've learned to begin ANY meal very very slowly, because it takes 5 minutes for that first bite to lodge in the stoma by which time I can have shovelled several more bites in on top and what would have cleared itself needs to be forcibly removed!

That first bite or two can get any of us, good restriction or no. When I've had PB's, its without fail been from the first bite I swallowed. I've learned to begin ANY meal very very slowly, because it takes 5 minutes for that first bite to lodge in the stoma by which time I can have shovelled several more bites in on top and what would have cleared itself needs to be forcibly removed!

What the poster I was replying to meant was that it only takes a few bites to feel full (I have seen her post about this several times on different thread that it only takes 1/4 of a cup to feel, full, full, full!)

And not everyone feels full on 1/4th of a cup of food, or a couple of bites.

I don't disagree with you at all, Jacqui. I disagree with the the notion that we must starve to lose weight.

I am having the same problem since I had a fill last Friday. I throw up everything other than small sips of tea or Water. I only have 1.0 cc so I really don't understand why I can't keep anything down this time, but I am sick of vomitting and I am afraid to go on vacation this weekend but hate to have it taken out if I can get past the vomit stage. I have had 1 other fill and 1 unfill before due to this problem. Any thoughts?

It is possible that your stomach was on the edge of needing a large band, but your doc placed a 9.75cm 4cc band because it is easier to get restriction with a smaller band that with a looser/larger band. If you are having difficulty with ANY fill, you might want to talk with your surgeon about the size band you have and if it seemed like it was kind of snug going on.