Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandster Waiting To Be Approved

Hi

I submitted my paperwork to insurance on 11/6/07 called today still pending. I am losing my mind any body else need to vent waiting for approval. :angry

My insurance info is being sent tomorrow...so I will be waiting approval at that point. What insurance do you have? Did they give you an idea how long the process would be?

I have uhc choice plus I am going crazy I called on 11/10/07 and was told they didn't have my paperwork and now they are telling its pending I hope I don't have to wait 6 weeks

I can't sleep I can"t eat (I thinks that's a good thing) all I do is think about my insurance getting approved I call today and will only call once a week. but I am stress myself out I have already lost 8lbs and have'nt even tried. can I be approved already so I can get some rest.:heh:

oh my god i feel the same way my ins. papers were sent on 11-8-07 I am waiting to here back as well, I only had a psych,and nutrition visit is there other tests they run???

I don't understand why the same insurance can approve one person in a week and than take a month to approve another. JUST APPROVE ME ALREADY lol sorry I have to vent today :rolleyes:

this is ware i belong can you tell me who ask your insurance for the surgery,i need to ask my insurance but iam scared there gona say no,even a judge order them to pay any weight lose progams for me i have rotten luck.should i ask them or the doc office can you guys tell mewho ask your insurance.

thank you PLEASE HELP

I had the Doctors office call them, they are better inform than me they know all that medical jargon and codes so let them call, the insurance company want give them the run around.

I called my insurance company directly. They were real nice about it and told me that it was still being processed. Then when I called back they were still nice and told me that it was approved and the letter was sent out that day they even offered to fax me a copy if I wanted it sooner then the mail could get it to me.

I just figured my Dr office had so much they were doing I didnt want to bug them when I was impatient.

If your polite to them they will be polite to you. I work in Customer Service and know how if they can do something they will if they cant they cant nomater what you do.

THE WORD I AM STARTING TO DISLIKE (PENDING) WELL AT LEAST IT'S NOT DENIED. PLEASE JUST APPROVE ME ALREADY SO THAT I CAN GO TO SLEEP!!! :notagree LOL

Yeah pending is much better then denied. good way to look at it. Go to sleep. Dont worry about it. It will come. just relax and treat yourself to something good.

Ok you guys as soon as I relax a little I got a phone call. It was the Doctors office ,they known I need to have the band done this year cause my insurance is changIing in 2008, So tommorrow I start my pre opt diet(liquid only) so back to stressing , cause what if it takes them 3 more weeks to get approved :omg: I would be on liquid for 3-5 weeks I want need lapband after that lol