Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions and more questions

Hi all. I hope to be banded after the new year when my new insurance takes effect-I am attending a seminar this Saturday! I have some questions that I hope someone will answer for me.:help:

Can someone tell me about the port? Is it "hidden" under the skin? I hate to sound stupid but I am really new to all of this.

How long were you out of work after surgery? I work in the Premium Tax dept of an auto insurance company so for the most part I sit at a desk and work on a computer, I'm just wondering how long I will need to be off of work.

Do you keep lap band forever or is it removed after a certain amount of time?

Hi--I to hope to be banded beginning of Feb. The port is under the skin, my docter said about 3-4 days off work. I to have a sit down job. Your band is forever unless you want it taken out. Stay in touch about your process.

Can someone tell me about the port? Is it "hidden" under the skin? I hate to sound stupid but I am really new to all of this. The port is stitched to your muscle, so it's under your skin, fat, etc. Location of the port varies - usually it's a matter of surgeon's preference as well as patient composition or request.

How long were you out of work after surgery? I work in the Premium Tax dept of an auto insurance company so for the most part I sit at a desk and work on a computer, I'm just wondering how long I will need to be off of work. I have a desk job. My surgery was on a Wed. I returned to work the next Monday, so I was out 3 work days or 5 days total. I worked from home for the first few days because a set of my staples ran right where all my clothes hit and rubbed -- very sore. My first day back was the day after my staples were removed, and it was still sore so I told them to deal with my wearing track suits for another week. :)

Do you keep lap band forever or is it removed after a certain amount of time? The bands are intended to be permanent implants. They can be removed if needed.

Hi all. I hope to be banded after the new year when my new insurance takes effect-I am attending a seminar this Saturday! I have some questions that I hope someone will answer for me.:help:

Can someone tell me about the port? Is it "hidden" under the skin? I hate to sound stupid but I am really new to all of this.

How long were you out of work after surgery? I work in the Premium Tax dept of an auto insurance company so for the most part I sit at a desk and work on a computer, I'm just wondering how long I will need to be off of work.

Do you keep lap band forever or is it removed after a certain amount of time?

I to am an Insurance Girl - Agency side - Commercial Lines - I was back to work 6 day post op - had surgery on Tues back at work on Monday - Your port is attached to your tummy muscle under your skin. You can have the band removed - but why would you - it's not that we can't lose the weight it's that we always gain it back. The band is a tool to help us control our portions for the rest of our lives.

I'm scared of this too!! I dont wanna feel the band AT ALL!!!! I wanna feel the same way I feel now ... And I am so scared cause I can't take pain!!!! I just want to be able to work out and do my same exercises and things so that I can lose the weight faster. I can't wait to be able to run!!!!