Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Have Lost 100lbs In 6 Months???

ok i need to ask you all tips on how you did this! I am excersising and trying to keep on track with the diet but I have not had my first fill yet and I am really having a hard time. Any advice?

Ok, Chris - I get the food intake, and can probably comply well with that.

But how much TIME does this workout take you on an average day? This sound scary to me, since I'm pretty sedentary right now. How long did it take you to work up to this pace?

Thanks for your "Secrets"!:bounce:

LOL I really don't know exactly when I could walk 5 miles in a clip but I would say about 2 months out is was easy. Get comfortable shoes lol. It used to take me over an hour and a half to do it. Now it takes me about 1 hour and 15 minutes or less. You have those days you just don't want to do it but you just have to say to yourself that you didn't get surgery for no reason. I want to prove to myself and everyone else I am not a failure ! My Doc is another reason I push so hard. I wanted to prove him wrong. He pushed for me to get bypass because of the weight loss and I refused. So I love going in and seeing his face.

why booo?? you are doing a great job!!

Just because I'm hearing how quickly others are losing! I started with 153lbs to lose, the first 40lbs were 'easy' for me, but the rest make me work it. I would think if you're over 100lbs overweight, more weight would be 'easy' to lose like others said. But I figured out my own 'secret', If I just cut out carbs, it drops like nobody's business. Lost 5lbs last week from 3 days of no carbs. I just gotta stick to it. :phanvan

ok i need to ask you all tips on how you did this! I am excersising and trying to keep on track with the diet but I have not had my first fill yet and I am really having a hard time. Any advice?

Congrats on your success thus far-you are doing GREAT! The greatest advice that I can give is to maintain a positive attitude and tell yourself that nothing tastes as good as being thin and healthy will feel. I have lost 70.6 lbs in 11 weeks by following my doc's post op diet to the T. I stay away from starchy carbs such as rice, Pasta, and bread. I try to keep my Protein levels high by eating plenty of meat, chez, milk, and nuts and I cook everything in olive oil. I also watch my sodium intake. I try to work out about 3 times a week and I will gradually increase my excercise once my body starts to plateau so that it doesn't get used to me exercising all the time.

Keep your chin up! You are doing AWESOME!!!:whoo::whoo:

Just because I'm hearing how quickly others are losing! I started with 153lbs to lose, the first 40lbs were 'easy' for me, but the rest make me work it. I would think if you're over 100lbs overweight, more weight would be 'easy' to lose like others said. But I figured out my own 'secret', If I just cut out carbs, it drops like nobody's business. Lost 5lbs last week from 3 days of no carbs. I just gotta stick to it. :phanvan

that's exactly how i am ... carbs are evil for me. i try to do low carb (under 20 gms or 10% of my total cals depending on my activity level) ... when i do it, it WORKS!! but sticking to it .. that's another story. you'd think dropping the weight would MAKE me stick with it??? wish it was that easy.

that's exactly how i am ... carbs are evil for me. i try to do low carb (under 20 gms or 10% of my total cals depending on my activity level) ... when i do it, it WORKS!! but sticking to it .. that's another story. you'd think dropping the weight would MAKE me stick with it??? wish it was that easy.

I just posted something about this in the november exercise thread...I have to ask, with eating approx 20 carbs per day, do you feel like you don't have enough energy to work out? I mentioned the low carb thing to my trainer and she told me not to do it. But my body responded so well to Atkins in the past, I'm thinking it may be the only thing that works...

I just posted something about this in the november exercise thread...I have to ask, with eating approx 20 carbs per day, do you feel like you don't have enough energy to work out? I mentioned the low carb thing to my trainer and she told me not to do it. But my body responded so well to Atkins in the past, I'm thinking it may be the only thing that works...

i get my energy from that nasty F word (fat :(). on days i run, i eat more carbs per day, but still try to limit carbs to 10% of my cals for the day.

the fat & Protein keeps me fuller longer

Thanks losing, I do notice that I'm fuller with the Protein and fat, then I am with any other combo with carbs. I'm going to work on cutting them out!

I don't notice any energy difference when I do low-carb.

I do know I am fuller longer when I don't do carbs.

But it's a real struggle to do NO CARBS for me. Like cheerios.. I like cheerios for b'fast. But you're right, if it makes us lose weight, you'd THINK that's enough to keep us from eating them. But then I'd have been a skinny kid, and not doing a million fad diets if I had that kind of logic controlling my will power :(

i had my 6 month check up on 11/12 /2007 and hit the 100 lbs mark and feeling great!!!!

We have the same surgery date(8/24/07) and I lost just half of what you lost.

How much did you weigh to begin with?

I think that's extremely quick!

Remember the slower you take it off the longger it will stay off.

I eat pretty good and I walk 5-6 miles a day.

You must have a secret!

Please tell!