Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you ever get frustrated with band babies?

Now I am scared! Has my band slipped? Can you tell me if It has?

well, have you sneezed in the past 15 days? if you have, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yep, you've slipped. i know that for certain cause i am an internet message board user.

well, have you sneezed in the past 15 days? if you have, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yep, you've slipped. i know that for certain cause i am an internet message board user.

ROFLMAO

Can't. Breathe. Going. To. Die....

oh please dont ... i would miss you horribly...

plus, who would i cheer on at the GC marathon??? :eyebrows:

My DH would miss me more... Who would Iron his shirts, make him dinner, make his life a living hell?

I have to admit, that aside from some nerves at the though of 42.2km. I am pretty darn excited about the GCM.

I can't even believe that I haven't had rice, Pasta, a sub sandwich in almost a year. Yes, I have had pizza, but boy did I pay. I was throwing up for 2 hours. It sure makes me not want to try it again.

So yes, the band does help with carbs that I could cheat with when I was doing Atkins.< /p>

I have to say I am suprised at some of the attitudes people have about newer people on the boards. As for myself I did not hear about or find this website until after my surgery. And it is my only form of a support group because I live in a really small town (less than 4k people) and we do not have any type of support groups. When I went to my pre-op nutritionist I had to see her for a few months and she spent the whole time teaching me how to eat without a band not with a band and she was 100miles away. I only got to see my surg. twice about the band and he never discussed HOW to eat with me (he is 400miles away). My primary care doctor is who recommended being banded to me and mine did go rather quickly so I didnt have a ton of time to research but I did what I could on the computer. I think its comforting when someone has been through something your going threw and they can talk to you about it or answer ur questions. I am not super nifty on the computer so I only recently found out how to use the search engine on this site. So if I ever bothered someone by asking duplicate questions I appologize. I dont see the harm in people asking whats a PB. If you are bothered by the question you can ignore the thread. I know I have asked a bunch of silly questions but this was a place I thought I could feel safe in asking them because for some people there is no one else to talk to. And some people do not have physicians who go over everything with them like they should. I was one of those people who had no idea what to eat the day after I came home because the surg. nurse told me I could eat anything I wanted but lay off the greasy foods. (and that was my surg nurses instructions right after surgery) How confusing is that? I think it puts people off on asking for advice when they read nasty threads or people complaining about people asking for help. This is supposed to be a support forum and if you dont want to GIVE support you dont have to be nasty about it either. Some of us banded people do not even have any family around for support or to bounce ideas off of. I can understand people being annoyed by people not wanting to eat right (as in candy and ice cream ect..) but as for the rest of the questions and concerns I dont think there is a bad post. Anyway, I hope everyone gets the support and help they need from the site.

I sent you a private message. You are right in the fact that new people and even people who have had their band for almost a year need support.

We are all actually very friendly people here, but we do get frustrated at times with people who don't want to follow their

doctor's advice, and with doctors who don't even give advice.

Look for a post by Wendall Edwards that says something about

everything you need to know about the band. Can someone make a link for this nice person? I am pretty computer illiterate so I don't even know how to make a link.

Oh and I do agree that maybe this forum should have a frequently asked questions section maybe for newer people that would be cool. Like whats a PB and whats sliming ect. I cant tell you how long it took me to figire out what the heck that ment. Ty for your message Den.

Okay, now I am going to search for Wendall's post and make an attempt to copy paste and hope that will make a link for Gummie.

This isn't even in Rants and Raves, so I think she has a very valid point. Any new person is going to want to read in the At or Near Goal section to be inspired that the band can work.

Oh and I do agree that maybe this forum should have a frequently asked questions section maybe for newer people that would be cool. Like whats a PB and whats sliming ect. I cant tell you how long it took me to figire out what the heck that ment. Ty for your message Den.

Gummiebear, there IS a forum like that. See, you didn't even look for it!

What's it named? Lap-Band Surgery FAQs and References

Here's the link:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f73/

The topics:

Two LIVE Lap-band Surgery Videos!

Post-op Checklists - Things to have before surgery.

Abbreviations and What They Mean

Medical Studies on Lap-band

Some Questions to ask about LAPBAND

Links

Technical Lap-Band Reference

BMI Information and Calculation

Surgery -- Questions to Ask

I don't know why the search by user didn't bring up Wendall's post.

I can't remember what he titled it.

Okay, now I am going to search for Wendall's post and make an attempt to copy paste and hope that will make a link for Gummie.

This isn't even in Rants and Raves, so I think she has a very valid point. Any new person is going to want to read in the At or Near Goal section to be inspired that the band can work.

Gummiebear does have a valid point, but the other side of the coin is that this section was started for near/at goal folks. While anyone can read and post here, and should feel welcome (I do), I also bear in mind that these folks are NEAR/AT GOAL. They are going to have different issues and frustrations. Why should a Goalie have to take a discussion into RnR that really has quite a bit to do with Goalie issues (like being and "Oldie" and getting frustrated by band "babies")? I think this thread is a good one and is in the place it should be. Tami asked the question of folks who were like her, near/at goal.

I only have 15 more pounds to lose I think thats pretty near goal weight, And even with that I still feel the same that people can be put off by the negativity.

I don't know why the search by user didn't bring up Wendall's post.

I can't remember what he titled it.

Here's three of the five threads started by Wendell, I also looked through all his posts and sadly he hasn't posted his LapBand 101 or 102 here yet, but it can be found on obesityhelp.com

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f13/how-lap-band-actually-works-fills-refills-41738/

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/when-ask-doctor-44479/

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/importance-before-during-photographs-41720/