Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 10/5/07 with no faimly support

I just found this thread. I was banded on 10/5... I had my 1st fill on 11/6... The 1st fill was so weird... He put in 2 cc's & it was sooooooooooooooo tight I could not even swallow 1 sip of Water. My daughter was with my (she is 11) she heard all the noises coming from me from across the room, she kept saying stop that... I said I can't... Then the doc came back in & said whoooaaa those noises, how did the Water go down & how much have you had to drink? I said 1 little sip & it has not gone down yet... He said he figured from the noises. He took 1cc out & that was great... I got the water right down! He said now you know what it is like to be to tight! Ick I do not want that again!

I have lost 27 pounds as of now... I am working out at the gym as much as I can.

I am very happy with how this band is helping me. I did not tell my family I had it done. They have been mean to me my entire life & I figured it is none of their business, this is my life not theirs. I want to be there for my daughter & enjoy life. I also do not want to hear their bs that I took the easy way out. Although I do not think surgery is the easy way out at all... But I grew up with my mom calling me a walrus, my brother calling me a fat sweat (sister too) & my dad just saying you make me sick... And they are just 2 of the comments they would say... I never once heard that I looked beautiful & the sick thing was I was a size 10!!!! A size 10 & a walrus??? Sheesh I can only imagine what they said when I was at 289!! See I never measured up with my sister who has done movies etc & she is the perfect size "2"... Me, growing up with them at a size 8 or the 10 I was in high school was just walruslike to them... So I told them I had my gall bladder out... they never even asked when I was having it out... they did nto care... So I did not tell them the date... so then when they called to tell me my sister had her baby & when am I going to see her... I said when my doc says I can drive, I just came home from the hospital... she said ohh ok well she had a boy! They did not even say how are you feeling! lol yup I have a caring family don't I??? NOT!!! They funny thing is. my sister the actress & size 2 has 3 kids now & with each one she has gained more weight & never lost it... My hubby even said she is getting big, I think she is now a 12-14-16?? But with me previously being a size 24-26, she was still skinny... hmmmmmm I wonder... will I get thinner than her??? Will my parent then switch & call her the walrus??? Only time will tell I guess... anyway I have my hubby & daughter as support & hope that I can meet some new friends on here for more support.

If I did not bore you to sleep from reading this, thank you for listening...

Hey Shhhhh........Welcome. You've got tons of support here. I was banded on the 5th of Oct too. I go tomorrow for my first fill, I sure hope I do get some restriction.

As for your family, the only ones that count the most are those who stick by you...your hubby and your daughter. All other things will come in time. And don't let anyone tell you that you took the easy way out....that is so bogus.

Welcome and best of luck!!!

Thank you so much!! Yes it is true, all I need is who means most & that is my hubby & my daughter! Thanks & good luck to you as well!! How much have you lost so far?

You didn't bore me at all. Sucks, but nobody said life is fair when it comes to the family we're born into. I had it really rough myself, and growing up without love is confusing and lonely for sure.

Many people keep their Band secret, and then tell family after they've lost weight or simply when they're ready to come clean. If you decide to take a poll, I don't think you should ever tell them based on what you've said. Family can sadly be toxic. Luckily this is a real safe place for you to build a new family.

Hi Shhhh :)

Lots of support on this board - I dont' always get a direct response, but I know there there are always people here who understand :eek:

I have my husband's support (even though we just had a BIG fight :( )

But I haven't told another single soul. I don't think I could deal with so much as a sideways look - so its better for me to tell no one.

I hope you have lots of success, and you'll soon see great things :). I am waiting for my first fill, and am hoping it will deal with some full issues - but the exercise and head issues are still with me of course :(.

Hugs

Thanks ya'll for your replies! It means a lot to me. I had a rough life but I am on the road to a new one now. I am so excited I got this band. my old birthday was 12/5, my new one is now the day I was banded 10/5! I just wonder if I do get thin if then I will finally be good enough for my family... Well even if it is, I will still remember that they are shallow & it is only about looks & money to them.

The good thing about my sad family is the fact when I am at the gym now & on that bike I keep peddling & think I WILL BE THIN! So I keep going & going! The sad part is my mental feeling is to the effect as to: Will I ever really be thin? Will I ever make it to a size 10 or better yet an 8? Well I will settle for a 12 and dream for now... I guess you have to set the small goals first! by the way, I am wearing size 18 jeans today, down from a 24, WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks again for your replies!!!!

Yeah for you on being down to a size 18. You are really doing great! We are so glad you are joining us. It sounds like you have been through a lot with your family, and it is really inspirational that in spite of all that you are not allowing that to stop all the successes in your life. Keep it up girlie!

ShhhDontTell,

Sounds to me like your family needs to be good enough for you...not the other way around. Families can be tough and we cant choose them. The only thing we can do is change our own outlook on things and there comes a point when you realize you can not change your family.....we can only change the way we react to the things they do and say to us. Trust me after many therapy sessions and a lot of forgiving but not forgetting I have come to realize this. I hope your weight loss journey helps you to be more accepting and loving of yourself because that is what is truly important. The love and support of your husband and daughter are both there to guide you also!!! Good luck with your journey and we are all here to support you!!!

:) Twyla

Shhh, It sounds like you are doing great without there support. Right now this is your time, you have the support of your husband and hopefully a few good friends. Keep up the good work and be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished.