Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You? You know use that word!

Do you use the "N" word?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "N" word?

• No, NEVER!!
    • Yes, but in the past!
    • Yes, what's wrong with saying it...
    • OMG! I don't want to answer this..How dare you!!

JW, A population consists of an entire set of objects, observations, or scores that have something in common. In this case, 60% of this small population refers to the participants of this thread who find your use of the "N" word as insidious noise pollution. Some chose to be part of the solution while you selfishly chose to add to problems. Your views on vulgarity, pollution and littering show how little you care about the sky your children won’t recognize as blue, or of the lakes and streams they won’t be able to swim or fish in. Refraining from offending other people and Mother Nature could only benefit your future. Hopefully, with time your ability to think rationally will broaden along with your now-limited vocabulary. Take deep breathes while the air is breathable because you’ll be holding your breathe for life if you think you’re headed for greatness with that fetid attitude. Believing society will vote any politician into office (let alone nominate one!) who freely throws around the "N" word, tosses garbage in the streets and doesn’t give a damn about Planet Earth isn’t even close to realistic. Wake up, little girl. We’ll leave the light on for you.

JW, A population consists of an entire set of objects, observations, or scores that have something in common. In this case, 60% of this small population refers to the participants of this thread who find your use of the "N" word as insidious noise pollution. Some chose to be part of the solution while you selfishly chose to add to problems. Your views on vulgarity, pollution and littering show how little you care about the sky your children won’t recognize as blue, or of the lakes and streams they won’t be able to swim or fish in. Refraining from offending other people and Mother Nature could only benefit your future. Hopefully, with time your ability to think rationally will broaden along with your now-limited vocabulary. Take deep breathes while the air is breathable because you’ll be holding your breathe for life if you think you’re headed for greatness with that fetid attitude. Believing society will vote any politician into office (let alone nominate one!) who freely throws around the "N" word, tosses garbage in the streets and doesn’t give a damn about Planet Earth isn’t even close to realistic. Wake up, little girl. We’ll leave the light on for you.

I never said that the pollution issue wasnt important, because it is. What I was pointing out is that it isnt a popular choice my in my area. There are not any recycling centers here, most people burn their garbage in their backyards, and what cant be burnt goes into another pile and is taken to the dump. I do not have a limited vocubulary, TECHNICALLY because I choose to use words and exercise my freedom to do so, I have an expanded vocabulary. I do not just toss the words around all day and night, I probably havent used the n word in weeks. I use it as a term of endearment, and you are crazy if you think I would throw it around in a politcal campaign because I already said that it isnt a word that should be used in a formal setting. BTW, you assume that I want to be a politician, which I may have led you to believe after one of my previous posting, but you can introduce legislature and such without being elected :) I doubt that I will ever see the day that every body of Water is gone, I think that would take more than my lifetime or my children's lifetime will allow.

Besides, littering on certain highways gives inmates something to do rather than sit around and think about how to committ their next crime without getting caught. I actually choose NOT to litter most of the time, but if the proper disposal units are not available then it is that business's fault and should have to clean up. Im not going to haul around garbage until I find a trash can, thats dissentary and gross.

LOL! well I can see that you still have some energy left even after a rough day.... I thought so....good!

If you used the "n" word as a "term of endearment" as you said..ie: with your close friends who knew you were joking and didn't get offended and was completely acceptable to them, then I guess it could be acceptable, TO THEM in that specific case, if you ever use is in a derrogatory way , in that case , no, I don't think you are decent, and I wouldn't have to know any further about you to know that.... I however don't think you used it to offend anybody, really.... but ultimately is not a respectful word to use specially coming from a white fellow to a black fellow and specially under certain circumstances... and I think that decent people (as much as you may not like that word...) will not support others that use it and will not vote for those who use it...

Some definitions of decency:

The quality of being polite and respectable

The quality of conforming to standards of propriety and morality

The quality or state of being decent, suitable, or becoming, in words or behavior; propriety of form in social intercourse, in actions, or in discourse; proper formality; becoming ceremony; seemliness; hence, freedom from obscenity or indecorum; modesty.

You may disagree with all the above definitions of the word decency, but they are what they are....and by no means I'm trying to tell you to abide by them either....that is totally up to you...biggrin1.gif

I was not asking for the literal meaning of decency. I was thinking of it as a standard. As in, what one believes is decent another does not.

i.e. my best friend has a tendency to be a little promiscuous, which she believes is decent...I do not believe that it is decent...therefore does that make her overall person indecent?

Does one indecency of a person make them indecent? Or is it a mass of opinions on what one believes is moral that another may not?

I was not asking for the literal meaning of decency. I was thinking of it as a standard. As in, what one believes is decent another does not.

i.e. my best friend has a tendency to be a little promiscuous, which she believes is decent...I do not believe that it is decent...therefore does that make her overall person indecent?

Does one indecency of a person make them indecent? Or is it a mass of opinions on what one believes is moral that another may not?

OK, I'll be blunt, if someone is promiscuous, in my opinion, that is indecent....and in my opinion your friend is indecent.... should she change her behavior, then I won't find her indecent any longer, but as long as she keeps it, she is indecent in my eyes .period.. she may not be a bad person overall, but indecent indeed...sorry, I really am not try to offend her.... it's just my opinion.... :cry

You really are too young to discuss anything rationally. Take note of #2.quote]

Sorry I had to quote again, but for some reason I can not go back and edit my posts. Im also sorry that I didnt realize that their was an age limit to discussing anything rationally. I mean my professor from Havard and Cambridge saw me as a very rational being, he admired my enthusiasm and aggression to stand up for my point. He said it will be great for the legal field one day. He considered me an argumentative genius...and he wasnt the only one. All my professors considered me highly intelligent and rational (well like I said except for the one time I got too heated in a class and was asked to leave the class because of my comment, but I meant what I said, I just should have said it a little nicer.) Ive received many accolades from my superiors for my ability to problem-solve and look at every angle from a rational, and realistic manner. My realist views have won me several debates, as well as my ability to catch every little mistake my opponent(s) made in what they were saying. Im very keen and bright, don't dismiss me for an idiot because of my age because I was generally honored above much older and experienced students, and more respected for my opinion. Don't tell someone that they are too young to discuss anything rationally, I am yet to be utterly rude and malicious toward any of you, a quality that I do have thanks to my genes. You can call me indecent if you want, you can even call me racist, but those are all a matter of opinion...no one I know would ever consider me a racist or indecent...lol Im actually probably one of the most decent people you would ever meet...I have never been considered indecent by anyone in my real life, so I dont take what you guys saw to heart about me because you dont know me, you've never met me personally, and most likely never will.

OK, I'll be blunt, if someone is promiscuous, in my opinion, that is indecent....and in my opinion your friend is indecent.... should she change her behavior, then I won't find her indecent any longer, but as long as she keeps it, she is indecent in my eyes .period.. she may not be a bad person overall, but indecent indeed...sorry, I really am not try to offend her.... it's just my opinion.... :cry

LOL you cause no offense to her or myself in saying that. I consider it indecent as well...but my point is what degree of indecency makes a person completely indecent...if you just met her on the street and hung out with her a few times you would never know that she was promiscuous, and therefore would not find her indecent. Does one aspect of your life make you indecent, one flaw can make a person indecent? So therefore, in theory ofcourse, we are all indecent.

Look at one of the tribes in Africa (pardon my lack of research, its something I saw on National Geographic about a week or so ago). They believe that it is decent and VERY moral to kill a newborn child if they have an impairment, are a twin, or are just ugly in their eyes. They believe that these are bad omens. In the USA it is considered indecent by the popular majority, HOWEVER there it is routine, moral, and decent. So theoretically again we can have no exact definition for what is decent. All definitions of such are strictly opinion based.

My personal example is: Im pro-life completely, my ex-roomate had an abortion about the time I moved in with her. I find it indecent to have an abortion (please do not argue about abortion here, there is a thread for that on this board, this is merely an example). However, I supported her through her decision, and in my eyes I saw her action as indecent, but overall she was a decent part of society and is still a great friend to me. Had I judged her indecent on that one aspect of her life, I would have missed out on a great friendship. Instead I let the decent aspects about her outweigh the indecent (decent defined to me as one's own opinion based upon their own morals and values) aspects of her life. I believe that a few indecent actions (by my own definition) are acceptable as long as they exhibit more decent actions than indecent.

hmmm....I guess my theory class really did something for me, its odd to think things through so deeply

Besides, littering on certain highways gives inmates something to do rather than sit around and think about how to committ their next crime without getting caught. I actually choose NOT to litter most of the time, but if the proper disposal units are not available then it is that business's fault and should have to clean up. Im not going to haul around garbage until I find a trash can, thats dissentary and gross.

Ok Jodie, now you have crossed the line. I despise litterbugs!!!!!! What does "dissentary" mean. Go get some sleep and take care of your baby.

Ok Jodie, now you have crossed the line. I despise litterbugs!!!!!! What does "dissentary" mean. Go get some sleep and take care of your baby.

dissentary (sp?) meaning unsafe due to germs and bacteria. Im sorry that you despise someone you don't even know, and that you would dismiss someone from your life because of one little thing you dont like about them, its pretty sad. Its not my fault if there isnt a garbage can around, its wherever Im at's fault. I dont throw stuff out of my window or anything, you can get a fine for that. Its early, why should I go to bed? Its like 10:20 almost...and I do take very good care of my baby, trust me.

Dysentery is a disease caused by amoebae. What word did you intend?

I meant that word, thank you for the correct spelling. Its slang where Im from for gross, germy, could cause disease, dirty. So on....

That it one thing we agree on.

Practice what you preach hun. Do you really believe that is an appropriate statement to make under the conditions that I have been attacked for the fact that I tell people what I think and what I believe and my opinions. However, if you are one of the people that doesnt believe that one insult doesnt deserve another, then arent we being a little hypocritical. Its a little immature of you all who chose to attack me (not the ones who have debated with me) solely because you dont like what I believe. I dont attack you because you believe the opposite or near opposite of what I believe.

hmmm...I think you want to hate me. You want to because you think you are supposed to. I contradict what you believe is right and wrong, and you are afraid of that. You probably wonder if deep down inside you feel the same way I do. You are scared that maybe there is a little of me inside you. Does that scare you? That in some way, some how you may have something in common with me. Does that mean that you are like me? Does that make you indecent, if I am so by your own opinion?

Wow....you got ALL that from my one little statement. Are you sure you're not studying psychology?????

LOL I wasnt being serious, but I have studied psychology, but decided to switch to POLS.

LOL! Oh I find all this so funny too!!!

In my opinion, you keep saying things that make no sense, that contradict yourself, I personaly think you are wrong, more wrong and extremely wrong...but what do I know right? I'm pro life, but after listening to you and imagining the example that you may set for your baby, well, all of a sudden pro choice is starting to make more sense to me, I hope I change my mind once I don't read your posts any longer.... so this is it for me, if you think you are correct on everything you are saying, then keep living your life like that... ultimately you will live with the consequences of your actions, words, etc... I think we all tried to knock some good sense into you, you are young, pregnant and all and I think most people here had the best intentions to give you some good advise, but if you don't want to listen, that's ok.... you are the one that has to live with yourself.... I won't waste one more minute debating with you in any subject whatsoever, and please know that I still wish that you have a good life and success, I mean this from my heart, the things you say may make me mad, but I do have a good heart, I'm a mom of two daughters and just could never wish anything bad on a 20 year old girl... wink.gif

dissentary (sp?) meaning unsafe due to germs and bacteria. Im sorry that you despise someone you don't even know, and that you would dismiss someone from your life because of one little thing you dont like about them, its pretty sad. .

Jodie, I don't despise Jodie the person, I despise Jodie the litterbug.