Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You? You know use that word!

Do you use the "N" word?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "N" word?

• No, NEVER!!
    • Yes, but in the past!
    • Yes, what's wrong with saying it...
    • OMG! I don't want to answer this..How dare you!!

How sad JW you continue a behavior just because you feel it's a hopeless task to improve it. I try to accomplish the impossible each day. I force difficult meditation to become a more helpful person to this planet by letting go of negative energy without spreading any ugliness whether it be a word or not letting an angry driver into my lane just because I don't have to. Tossing a gum wrapper out the window is okay because there is no hope for our pollution problem, and we may as well stop recycling because there is no hope for the planet, too, I suppose. You ignore a poll right in front of your nose that indicates almost 60 percent (59 2B exact) of this small population really hates that word and what it stands for whether with the 'er' or 'ah' at the end. Still it's important to make your stand and continue. I hope one day you will realize that part of growing up is letting go of some of the rebellion and giving back positive energy instead of adding to the hatred. The entire block has called the cops who have been there 13 times in 12 months with only 2 warnings and no citations to date. Why are you so resistant to being nicer? It's not that hard. You want people to trust you? Maybe they will once you let go of such negative anger and realize that you alone can change the world. But first you need to change your attitude or the power is useless.

This is an accurate poll that says that 60% of people on Lapbandtalk says that it is innappropriate, not that 60% of the population hates it. I AM NICE, what dont you people understand? Im not going to be mean to some random person, but that doesnt meant that I respect them. Im going to hold the door for someone coming in behind me, Im going to talk to random people in the grocery store or convenience store, Im going to be polite and courteous, I just do not respect them because I do not know them nor who they are and they havent earned respect with me. I can even like someone and not respect them (i.e. my best friend that is a girl, probably the only friend that is a girl that likes guys lol). I treat her VERY well, but I dont respect her opinion and I can not tolerate the way she conducts herself in public especially. I think you guys just think this world really has the capability to be perfect in your eyes, but what you do not realize is that good can not exist without evil and vice versa. One must set a standard for the other because they are in a continous circle. LOL! Just because you dont agree with what I do, does not mean that Im just some dumb young person rebelling against society...HAHA! Why would I rebel against what I've worked so hard to fit into??? To tell you the truth Ive never recycled, I dont know how, I dont care to know, I think we have bigger problems than gum wrappers and cig butts in the world that need to be dealt with just as equally. It is a problem nonetheless, and if recycling was taught around here I probably would do it, but its not popular here and who wants to haul garbage an hour away just to "save the planet." I ALONE can not save the world. It is COMPLETELY impossible for me to go around the world in my lifetime and save every starving child, fix pollution, solve the world's peace problems, and everything else that goes on and on and on...thats a ridiculous and incredible statement to make. Go guys live in your dream world and act like nothing bad ever happens, you will live your life in complete ignorance (despite what you say about me, you guys are the true ignorant ones). You are unwilling to accept that things are going to happen, you cant control them, so just let them happen (within reasonable boundaries ofcourse). You can sit here and attack me all day, its not going to make a difference. Hope you love it 10 years when Im sitting on FoxNews debating with the best about whatever issue is popular at that time. And you better remember my name when I suggest legislation in the future, because I will be one of the ones that control your rights. Better love me when Im famous. After all, "well behaved women rarely make history."

If the entire block has called the cops, and they refuse to do something about, then you need to go to a higher power and get an attorney and sue them for damages.

I don't think you are a dumb young person rebelling against society....

What I think based on everytyhing you have said/written because I really don't know you...

But it sounds to me that you are a smart young person rebelling against what's good inside you... for some reason that I can't figure out...

But I may be dead wrong...think.gif

This is insane. Do you really believe the crap you spout or are you just instigating something useless for the sake of arguing?

:faint:

This is an accurate poll that says that 60% of people on Lapbandtalk says that it is innappropriate, not that 60% of the population hates it.

****So, who do you wish us to poll? I personally will go to any corner in Houston you wish me to go to and take an all-day poll. I bet more people than not will agree with our poll. But, what do I know...I'm just a fatty. How would I know what REAL people think???

I AM NICE, what dont you people understand?

****Nice? Maybe, but you sure are argumentative. Are you here just to cause a stir (as you mentioned earlier, you like controversy and seek it out) or are you really trying to better yourself? How can you be so set in who you are and not take into consideration of other people's feelings? How do you define NICE?

Im not going to be mean to some random person, but that doesnt meant that I respect them. Im going to hold the door for someone coming in behind me, Im going to talk to random people in the grocery store or convenience store, Im going to be polite and courteous, I just do not respect them because I do not know them nor who they are and they havent earned respect with me.

****I happen to agree with this statement. Basic respect is earned, not given, but rudeness doesn't come with a skin color, either. All people deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I can even like someone and not respect them (i.e. my best friend that is a girl, probably the only friend that is a girl that likes guys lol). I treat her VERY well, but I dont respect her opinion and I can not tolerate the way she conducts herself in public especially.

I think you guys just think this world really has the capability to be perfect in your eyes, but what you do not realize is that good can not exist without evil and vice versa. One must set a standard for the other because they are in a continous circle. LOL!

****So, are you saying you chose to be the evil? The world does have the CAPABILITY to be BETTER. Perfect is a dream that I don't think is achievable, but it doesn't mean I don't try to be nicer and better than I was yesterday.

Just because you dont agree with what I do, does not mean that Im just some dumb young person rebelling against society...HAHA! Why would I rebel against what I've worked so hard to fit into??? To tell you the truth Ive never recycled, I dont know how, I dont care to know, I think we have bigger problems than gum wrappers and cig butts in the world that need to be dealt with just as equally.

****So, which bigger problems are you taking on? You think recycling is unimportant? Why? You don't care??? How can you throw out those kinds of statements and expect to be taken seriously? Why are you working so hard to fit in with people you really don't like/respect/care about? Why not just be a better person? Gum wrappers and cig butts are easy to fix and not such a burden on your other civil duties that you can't pitch in to help.

It is a problem nonetheless, and if recycling was taught around here I probably would do it, but its not popular here and who wants to haul garbage an hour away just to "save the planet." I ALONE can not save the world.

****Not popular? That's a pathetic, little girl excuse. Grow up. You're exaggerating about hauling anything an hour away. If you're not going to be a better person, or do anything to help your town, state, country, world - then at least own up to the real reason. You're lazy.

It is COMPLETELY impossible for me to go around the world in my lifetime and save every starving child, fix pollution, solve the world's peace problems, and everything else that goes on and on and on...thats a ridiculous and incredible statement to make. Go guys live in your dream world and act like nothing bad ever happens, you will live your life in complete ignorance (despite what you say about me, you guys are the true ignorant ones).

****Nothing bad happens? I was raped repeatedly by my babysitter when I was between 5 and 7 years old. My mother was raped by her FATHER. My grandmother was molested by her father and brother. My brother was heavily into drugs, ended up in jail. My mother quit her long career as a teacher to be a wife to an abusive asshole. I've been into drugs, I quit high school, I had a daughter when I was young and not married. I had friends lose loved ones to drugs, violence, self-destructive behavior, drunk driving and disease. I've loved people who turned against me, I've been poor and I've been comfortable. Don't DARE tell me that I'm in ignorance of events. I'm not stupid. I'm not Mary Poppins. Even if I hadn't personaly experienced bad things, I'd see it in the news in magazines, in emails passed along. Ignorance is thinking that bad things happen and there is nothing we can do. I have called child protective services when I see kids exhibiting signs of abuse. It hits home with me harder than anything, and I TRY to help. I can't take in all the children in the world who need love; I'm not naive. I do what I can, when I can. If everyone did that, then the world would be a better place. What bugs me is people like you. You're spending more energy fighting good ideas than implementing them. Why?

You are unwilling to accept that things are going to happen, you cant control them, so just let them happen (within reasonable boundaries ofcourse). You can sit here and attack me all day, its not going to make a difference. Hope you love it 10 years when Im sitting on FoxNews debating with the best about whatever issue is popular at that time. And you better remember my name when I suggest legislation in the future, because I will be one of the ones that control your rights. Better love me when Im famous. After all, "well behaved women rarely make history."

****Hope you have an editor, because the last I checked journalists used contractions. YOU will never control my rights. Sorry, babe, to disallusion you, but your past words and actions will never get you elected. Just remember that in 10 years you've written it's okay to use the N word. And, I just bet you didn't inhale.

If the entire block has called the cops, and they refuse to do something about, then you need to go to a higher power and get an attorney and sue them for damages.

This is insane. Do you really believe the crap you spout or are you just instigating something useless for the sake of arguing?

:faint:

I believe what I say, but its hard to get my point across through several postings, it would be easier to write a paper or something with organized thoughts, headers, etc...unfortunately I doubt any of you are interested in reading a very lengthy paper on my opinion. Im not in the mood to argue today really, Ive had a rough day, and its not going to get better for 10 days, maybe. So I leave you with this, in the famous words of my phenomenal gay John "You don't know my life." lol. And I promise you that one I will be sitting in government and will become part of the legislation process. I dont know what you are incenuating with saything that I didnt inhale, but whatever it is is out of place in this discussion and is an attack into my personal life which I did not bring upon in this current debate and is irrelevant to anything that I have said.

**And in 10 years, none of this will be on the internet for them to dig up, so if you plan on trying to stop me, go ahead and start copying and pasting these discussions, although they wont stand up because internet blogging and discussion board postings are usually disregarded. I doubt that the majority of voters will care if I used the "n" word or not, considering that other issues are generally more important**

....And I promise you that one I will be sitting in government and will become part of the legislation process. I dont know what you are incenuating with saything that I didnt inhale, ....

Ex-Pres Clinton (I'm sure you've studied about him, right?) claimed not to have inhaled when asked about smoking pot. I know I inhaled, so if it was a crack at you it was a lighthearted one.

I just didn't understand how someone can just be blah and be okay with it. I'm sorry you've had a hard day. God knows some are harder than others. But, you jumped into the rant saying some really awful things.

You certainly have the right to think and do, or not think or not do, what you want. But, as one professional working woman to young girl who is striving to be one: please learn to take advice, and try hard to care more about other people. Making legislation is a high goal. If that truly is your dream, then please try harder to take other people's feelings and insights into consideration. If you do indeed make it that far, then you won't be there promoting your own agenda - you'll be there for people like us, the ones you've been slamming here.

**And in 10 years, none of this will be on the internet for them to dig up, so if you plan on trying to stop me, go ahead and start copying and pasting these discussions, although they wont stand up because internet blogging and discussion board postings are usually disregarded. I doubt that the majority of voters will care if I used the "n" word or not, considering that other issues are generally more important**

Ahh Jodie.... even though other things are important and could be even more important, DECENT people will ALWAYS care if a law maker or leaders use the "n" word.... and I'm sure you are going to need the decent voters you know.... I want to stay positive and believe that we have more decent people voting in American than not.....:)

Ex-Pres Clinton (I'm sure you've studied about him, right?) claimed not to have inhaled when asked about smoking pot. I know I inhaled, so if it was a crack at you it was a lighthearted one.

I just didn't understand how someone can just be blah and be okay with it. I'm sorry you've had a hard day. God knows some are harder than others. But, you jumped into the rant saying some really awful things.

You certainly have the right to think and do, or not think or not do, what you want. But, as one professional working woman to young girl who is striving to be one: please learn to take advice, and try hard to care more about other people. Making legislation is a high goal. If that truly is your dream, then please try harder to take other people's feelings and insights into consideration. If you do indeed make it that far, then you won't be there promoting your own agenda - you'll be there for people like us, the ones you've been slamming here.

I havent slammed anyone, Im the one who has been slammed just because I take an opposite stance to your own. I know about Clinton, I remember watching him get elected the second time. Im not a Clinton fan at all, however I get your joke...but it had already been incenuated my someone else on this board that I was a drug addict, so I was just clearing it. LOL! And I have inhaled a couple of times (and Im being serious) in my life time, but not many at all, I dont like it, it smells like horrible B.O. and Sweaty Socks not to mention that if I want to be out of myself Ill just have a few drinks :) I do consider other people's feelings to an extent, and I come to conclusions in my head for the better of people (in POLS class etc...) based upon research and logical thinking. But this has nothing to do with the betterment of society, this is about my personal opinion on the "n" word. I personally believe in gay marriage (although I think my best friend would have been divorced like 3 times this past year lol!), but I dont believe that America is ready for that yet, therefore I voted against it. One day I hope to see it happen. Because of my POLS training I vote and speak on behalf of people, not myself. Some of the things I end up taking a stand for I may or may not believe in because it goes against my own personal morals or beliefs, however its "for the people, by the people." Therefore sometimes I go against what I may believe in order to do whats best for everyone else...however, here I was asked to give my personal opinion, and that I did. Im sorry that you all don't like it. I did not ask you to, I merely wanted you to understand that everything is not black or white (no pun intended), that there are grey areas. When Im serving a client things are different, I have to go along with them if I want their business. However this is about me, and my own beliefs, therefore that is what I rendered to you. "take me for what I am, who I was meant to be, and if you give a damn, take me baby, or leave me..."

Ahh Jodie.... even though other things are important and could be even more important, DECENT people will ALWAYS care if a law maker or leaders use the "n" word.... and I'm sure you are going to need the decent voters you know.... I want to stay positive and believe that we have more decent people voting in American than not.....:)

So therefore Im not decent because I use the "n" word...hmmm....thats something to think about... so therefore that makes me indecent...so does that mean that Im going to Hell or something, because I stood up for what I believe and what I know? Because I use the word just like most people in my generation, as a term of endearment? Hmmm....something to think about, what is decency? Can it be defined? If so than how? Is decency nothing more than a mere opinion of someone else? If so then how can anyone know exactly how decent they are? Hmmm....

That was beautifully said.... thank you.. I'm a firm believer that as we mature and we get older we get wiser as long as we have our heart in the right place though....:clap2:

You really are too young to discuss anything rationally. Take note of #2.

de·cen·cy premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif /ˈdithinsp.pngsənthinsp.pngsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dee-suhthinsp.pngn-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural -cies. 1.the state or quality of being decent. 2.conformity to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc. 3.decencies, a.the recognized standards of decent or proper behavior; proprieties: The least you can expect from them is some respect for the decencies. b.the requirements or amenities for decent or comfortable living: to be able to afford the decencies.

That was beautifully said.... thank you.. I'm a firm believer that as we mature and we get older we get wiser as long as we have our heart in the right place though....:clap2:

Thank you.

LOL! well I can see that you still have some energy left even after a rough day.... I thought so....good!

If you used the "n" word as a "term of endearment" as you said..ie: with your close friends who knew you were joking and didn't get offended and was completely acceptable to them, then I guess it could be acceptable, TO THEM in that specific case, if you ever use is in a derrogatory way , in that case , no, I don't think you are decent, and I wouldn't have to know any further about you to know that.... I however don't think you used it to offend anybody, really.... but ultimately is not a respectful word to use specially coming from a white fellow to a black fellow and specially under certain circumstances... and I think that decent people (as much as you may not like that word...) will not support others that use it and will not vote for those who use it...

Some definitions of decency:

The quality of being polite and respectable

The quality of conforming to standards of propriety and morality

The quality or state of being decent, suitable, or becoming, in words or behavior; propriety of form in social intercourse, in actions, or in discourse; proper formality; becoming ceremony; seemliness; hence, freedom from obscenity or indecorum; modesty.

You may disagree with all the above definitions of the word decency, but they are what they are....and by no means I'm trying to tell you to abide by them either....that is totally up to you...biggrin1.gif

You really are too young to discuss anything rationally. Take note of #2.

de·cen·cy premium.gifthinsp.pngspeaker.gif /ˈdithinsp.pngsənthinsp.pngsi/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dee-suhthinsp.pngn-see] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural -cies. 1.the state or quality of being decent. 2.conformity to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc. 3.decencies, a.the recognized standards of decent or proper behavior; proprieties: The least you can expect from them is some respect for the decencies. b.the requirements or amenities for decent or comfortable living: to be able to afford the decencies.

Thank you Voonda.... I was just trying to do the same thing and gave her some definitions... the mom in me kicks in and I want to hug her, spank her, give her a lecture, explain it to her....all at the same time, just to make sure she won't be totally lost..., just like I would do with my own daughter, then again, if I caught my daughter talking like that, I may just kill her....:) I don't think mine would even dare.... momma may go postal on them:biggrin1: