Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You? You know use that word!

Do you use the "N" word?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "N" word?

• No, NEVER!!
    • Yes, but in the past!
    • Yes, what's wrong with saying it...
    • OMG! I don't want to answer this..How dare you!!

First of all NO ONE owns a word...my friends are not ignorant, they know everything there is to know about the word, therefore they can not be ignorant. I dont see why you would let one little word control your life. Your no better than Al or Jesse, really. They are idiots, I hated it when they were here. They made all of us look like idiot rednecks, thank God for the documentary my class made to correct their wrongs to the state of Texas atleast. For someone to get their feelings hurt over one little slur is absolutely ridiculous, its being overly sensitive and out of the bounds of reasonableness. What your saying is that my whole town is ignorant just because WE ALL GET ALONG (well for the most part), mostly the younger generations. We dont see color when we look at a person or go somewhere, just the goal. I go to the black parts of town all the time. Ive never had anyone get mad at me in my hometown for using the word. Now in Corpus Christi its different, I knew it would be, and I didnt use it as much. Plus most of the people there use it negatively anyway when they do use it. ALLOW PEOPLE TO EXERCISE THEIR FREEDOM OF SPEECH! Stop censoring them! If you get your feelings hurt, you need to learn not to. Black people werent the only people who were enslaved in America! They arent the only ones in history that have ever been enslaved! The evil white people didnt just go to Africa and pick up some black people, their tribes sold them out...what happened, happened, it was wrong, but its real, it was there, and some of us white people lost family in the fight for the freedom. It wasnt good times at all. Get over the past, learn from it and live in the PRESENT, to make a BETTER future!

Okay as far as seeing someone new, I have been seeing them (not dating, not anything serious). We've had a thing for a long time, its just we are both single now. It wont go anywhere because I dont want it to, and I cant trust him to seriously date him, but its fun while it lasts right?

"...compassion and empathy" and politeness towards others are fundamental to any civilized society.

Ya know, I tried that when I first went to college....lets see, one guy owes me $1000 or more really. My old neighbor owes me $40 plus a lot more. My other neighbors turned against me over the $40 issue. Then it was all good. Then I met a horrible guy who I felt sorry for, so I let him live in MY apartment, ride around in MY car, and use MY gas and apparantly he got a hold of my credit card! Yeah I used empathy, I put myself in all of these people's positions and was like, well I would want someone to help me....I never reaped any benefits other than all of them walking out on me whenever I had nothing left to give. I was actually HOMELESS because I helped too many people! The world is nothing but a bunch of users that apparantly want to take everything I have! Im sick of it! Im still paying bills, and will be paying them for a long time because of these people! You REALLY think that I havent learned my lesson after losing tons of money, and being forced to move back to my hometown (which I HATE!!) from a place that I loved, because I was too empathetic. Im tired of being used. People have used me all my life, and I've put a stop to it....amazing how little friends I have left....

First of all NO ONE owns a word...my friends are not ignorant, they know everything there is to know about the word, therefore they can not be ignorant. I dont see why you would let one little word control your life. Your no better than Al or Jesse, really. They are idiots, I hated it when they were here. They made all of us look like idiot rednecks, thank God for the documentary my class made to correct their wrongs to the state of Texas atleast. For someone to get their feelings hurt over one little slur is absolutely ridiculous, its being overly sensitive and out of the bounds of reasonableness. What your saying is that my whole town is ignorant just because WE ALL GET ALONG (well for the most part), mostly the younger generations. We dont see color when we look at a person or go somewhere, just the goal. I go to the black parts of town all the time. Ive never had anyone get mad at me in my hometown for using the word. Now in Corpus Christi its different, I knew it would be, and I didnt use it as much. Plus most of the people there use it negatively anyway when they do use it. ALLOW PEOPLE TO EXERCISE THEIR FREEDOM OF SPEECH! Stop censoring them! If you get your feelings hurt, you need to learn not to. Black people werent the only people who were enslaved in America! They arent the only ones in history that have ever been enslaved! The evil white people didnt just go to Africa and pick up some black people, their tribes sold them out...what happened, happened, it was wrong, but its real, it was there, and some of us white people lost family in the fight for the freedom. It wasnt good times at all. Get over the past, learn from it and live in the PRESENT, to make a BETTER future!

Okay as far as seeing someone new, I have been seeing them (not dating, not anything serious). We've had a thing for a long time, its just we are both single now. It wont go anywhere because I dont want it to, and I cant trust him to seriously date him, but its fun while it lasts right?

No one said anything about free speech and please believe that I am so much better than Al or Jesse. I'm guessing you're from Jasper? Unlike you, I understand that a town can't be blamed for a few of its resident's actions. When did I comment on slavery? I didn't ask for reparations and I don't do handouts hon. That word does not and has never defined who I am. I am Sharee. A strong, independent, Black woman that is in college to better herself. You need to calm down. I'm sure that all of your anger isn't good for your baby. Unbeknownst to you, most Black people are quite conservative. I am on the Bill Cosby side of things. Stop having babies out of wedlock and do something for yourselves. The "Man" is not keeping you down. Please don't lump me in with everyone else. I believe that racism exists in all races. Blacks are harder on one another than they are on anyone else. Which is why I would prefer that we stopped using the word to let other races know that it's unacceptable. Just because it's on BET, doesn't mean that it represents all of us. You mentioned debate earlier, yet insult me by comparing me to Jesse and Al? Completely and utterly laughable.

Ya know, I tried that when I first went to college....lets see, one guy owes me $1000 or more really. My old neighbor owes me $40 plus a lot more. My other neighbors turned against me over the $40 issue. Then it was all good. Then I met a horrible guy who I felt sorry for, so I let him live in MY apartment, ride around in MY car, and use MY gas and apparantly he got a hold of my credit card! Yeah I used empathy, I put myself in all of these people's positions and was like, well I would want someone to help me....I never reaped any benefits other than all of them walking out on me whenever I had nothing left to give. I was actually HOMELESS because I helped too many people! The world is nothing but a bunch of users that apparantly want to take everything I have! Im sick of it! Im still paying bills, and will be paying them for a long time because of these people! You REALLY think that I havent learned my lesson after losing tons of money, and being forced to move back to my hometown (which I HATE!!) from a place that I loved, because I was too empathetic. Im tired of being used. People have used me all my life, and I've put a stop to it....amazing how little friends I have left....

Your issues go way beyond someone using a word.

No one said anything about free speech and please believe that I am so much better than Al or Jesse. I'm guessing you're from Jasper? Unlike you, I understand that a town can't be blamed for a few of its resident's actions. When did I comment on slavery? I didn't ask for reparations and I don't do handouts hon. That word does not and has never defined who I am. I am Sharee. A strong, independent, Black woman that is in college to better herself. You need to calm down. I'm sure that all of your anger isn't good for your baby. Unbeknownst to you, most Black people are quite conservative. I am on the Bill Cosby side of things. Stop having babies out of wedlock and do something for yourselves. The "Man" is not keeping you down. Please don't lump me in with everyone else. I believe that racism exists in all races. Blacks are harder on one another than they are on anyone else. Which is why I would prefer that we stopped using the word to let other races know that it's unacceptable. Just because it's on BET, doesn't mean that it represents all of us. You mentioned debate earlier, yet insult me by comparing me to Jesse and Al? Completely and utterly laughable.

You are right, that black people are hard on one another. The guys make fun of one another for not being (or acting) black enough, but many of them want the lightest skinned girl they can find. And it goes much further than that. Im not an angry person, I know that my posts look like it, but if you actually heard me say these things, you would hear me say them in a mild manner tone. Debate is about comparisons. There have been other comments on slavery and about the history of the word, thats why I threw that in there. But I dont find it offensive when people make fun of my heritage either jokingly or seriously. What happened happened. Take it for what it is. Someone running their mouth. And go on with it. Only ONE of the guys that committed that horrendous crime was from Jasper, the other 2 involved were not residents. The man they killed did not pay them for the drugs they had given him. He did not deserve to die by any means, no one deserves to be murdered, especially like that. However, that kind of violence happens ALL THE TIME, but because 3 white people did it to a black man it was everywhere....No one cared when 3 black men drug a white guy (with an issue not dealing with drugs). I dont even believe the black men recieved the death penalty either. The James Byrd case goes very deep, I know things that most do not because Ive seen the case files (I used to work in the district clerk's office). They did not randomly pick up this black man and kill him. It wasnt a hate crime, however a crime nonetheless. I hated the way Jasper was portrayed in the media. I still get funny looks and horrible comments when I go somewhere outside of the area. But I get over it and dismiss them as idiots because they dont know the true story.

I can understand where you're coming from. I have trust issues also. Thank heavens that I found a guy that is willing to work with me on them. Wish me luck. I thought it had something to do with drugs. I come from a Law Enforcement family and a criminal is a criminal. Just like is Barack Obama Black enough? I don't vote based on color or gender. I vote based on issues. It tees me off to no end when I hear people ask that about him. My family is from New Orleans. I refuse to allow someone to compare the fires in California to them. They had money in CA and have a better state government. I am pro-life for myself, pro-choice for others. I'm learning how to shoot a gun and I believe in the death penalty as long as it's applied proportionately. Yet, I cry when I see the news that someone was murdered or abused. It's who I am. Age really does mellow you out. Except for my friend Kim. LOL

Compassion, empathy, and politeness have nothing at all with being taken for a ride and used by others. These are two different issues.

Compassion, empathy, and politeness have nothing at all with being taken for a ride and used by others. These are two different issues.

Thats just it, every time Ive shown all these things to someone, they use me and walk out of my life.

I can understand where you're coming from. I have trust issues also. Thank heavens that I found a guy that is willing to work with me on them. Wish me luck. I thought it had something to do with drugs. I come from a Law Enforcement family and a criminal is a criminal. Just like is Barack Obama Black enough? I don't vote based on color or gender. I vote based on issues. It tees me off to no end when I hear people ask that about him. My family is from New Orleans. I refuse to allow someone to compare the fires in California to them. They had money in CA and have a better state government. I am pro-life for myself, pro-choice for others. I'm learning how to shoot a gun and I believe in the death penalty as long as it's applied proportionately. Yet, I cry when I see the news that someone was murdered or abused. It's who I am. Age really does mellow you out. Except for my friend Kim. LOL

Yes the Byrd case is tragic, his mother is a sweet sweet lady! I love her to death. I REALLY thought I had found a guy willing to work with my trust issues, but I guess I didnt, he just used me like everyone else. I get so mad at people who vote based on color, gender, or ONE issue. You gotta think about the whole picture. SURE Presidential candidate "Bob" will allow gay marriages, but he is also going to raise taxes, pull funding from the schools, and completely deport anyone who doesnt speak english fluently (COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL AND EXTREME). LOL But people will still vote for that. I dont like Obama, just not my cup of tea, and I have an EXTREME dislike for the Clintons all together, I will never vote for Hillary. Plus Im just not supportive of their issues all together, its just me. I dont like it when people strictly vote R or D.

Oh my lol, Ive been shooting guns since I can remember lol! The only reason my ex is still alive is because my old roomie wouldnt let me have any weapons, and I couldnt have weapons at my old dorm. I did get defensive the night he tried to choke me, I somehow man-handled him and pushed some pressure point or something that made him go back to sleep. I know how you feel about the New Orleans thing, I cant imagine. I survived Rita, which was a gust compared to Katrina, and hated every moment of it! The fires are not comparable to these disasters at all.

You're young and your time with a great guy will come. Continue to work on yourself and enjoy that precious life that you are carrying. Don't let anyone or anything stress you out. I lost my child at 7 months back in 2001 and I'm sure that had something to do with it. That guy was a "call me when the baby is born jerk." I just got out of a 5 1/2 year relationship that was headed nowhere. He's a good guy, just not the one for me. He said that I ran over him the whole time. LOL. I told my new guy that I wouldn't do that to him and he said that it doesn't matter because he won't allow that. When we realize that banging our head on a wall hurts, we stop doing it.

lol! Im definately not looking for something serious right now...Well I wasnt when I found this last jerk either, it felt almost forced (notice felt, as far as the intial start of the relationship). He just spent the night one night, and never left lol! I dont want anything serious for a long time. I like to date, but I dont want a REAL boyfriend or anything I have to committ to for a while, Ive got enough going on, I dont need that.

<p>

I wanted to respond...I feel like its one of those words that is only appropriate in certain settings...my friends (white, mexican, black, asian....etc..) use it around one another as a term of affection.. to call someone that means that you are a GOOD friend, not just an acquaintance...BUT we arent STUPID, we are not going around calling EVERYONE that in our lives, because to us its actually a GOOD thing (well as long as you dont put the "er" at the end of it lol) Now there is no reason for us to call anyone that word with the "er" added to it. I grew up in an almost completely 50/50 town, the word gets thrown around alot, its not ALWAYS a bad thing, JUST dont do it around ANYONE (no matter WHAT color their skin is) that you dont know or dont know very well lol! Im sorry if this is offensive to you or anyone else, but HONESTLY its a WORD, I had to learn a long time ago that words arent important, they dont physically hurt you, so dont let them bother you
</p> <p>Thats how we use it, it has nothing to do with Racism, its another word for homie, if you know what I mean.</p>We have a lot of black friends , even ones that come cook over at our house.

I had one of those back in 2002. Wanted to get married and everything. I had to do a "move-move" on him. Stayed on one side of Chicago, when he thought that I'd moved to another. LOL

lol! i did a move-move lol! I went to my hometown, but after I get my certification, im going somewhere else...I dont want him to find me or the baby, especially after what Im going to do to him in the court system

It's not a good word with the "er" or the "a" at the end of it. Your friends allow you to say it. When my former manager called someone that she was fired after an investigation. If you can't say a word around everyone then it's not a good word to say. It's always a bad thing to say. You say that it's just a word. You wouldn't feel that way when you have a 6 year old child and someone calls them that and you have to explain what it means. I'm not looking for reparations and I have the ability to make my own way in the world. Fat, humongous, and elephant are just words but we don't like when we're called that. Were you even alive when MLK was around? It's laughable that you dislike a man that's been dead for almost 40 years. What did he do to you and how was he a hypocrite in the civil rights movement? He cheated on his wife? That makes him human. Jesse and Al don't speak for me. When people of other races stop trying to anoint Black leaders, will be the day that this country moves ahead. NO one is trying to anoint leaders for other races. Leave us the HELL alone and stop trying to put all of us in one basket. BTW, I am BLACK, I am not African-American. I was not born in Africa.

I've never got the African American thing. I was born in America, that makes me BLACK. I have never used the "N" word, and don't allow anyone to use it around me, I don't care what race you are. I can say the c word around folks and it won't offend All, and if they are a little slow they probably won't know what the heck I am talking about.