Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On The Way To Being Banded For Life

My preference in Protein supplements is whey Protein isolate, almost carb free and lactose free.

I use chocolate Malt and Belgian chocolate (mixed in Water tastes great!) that I get from Amazon.com--I also get chicken broth whey protein isolate and unflavored protein (for mixing in s/f puddings and jello) from unjury.com.

In a bind, I use Slim Fast Lo Carb shakes in a can, which are okay, but kind of fakey tasting (NOT the Optima--too many carbs).

Good luck to you--you're counting down the hours, eh?!!! :)

How exciting...about the protien drinks, I am not a good one to ask because I don't care much for them. I found that the Curves brand tastes okay but I think they all need to be made with very cold liquid or if they are premade then they need to be refridgerated. But thats just my opinionBut I haven't drank them in a while and have read about some much better tasting ones. I am hoping someone chimes in with the names because I can't remember what they are. Atkins shakes are tolerable if they are really cold so buy some prior to surgery and put them in the fridge if you don't get any other ideas.

Wanted to say I will be looking forward to hearing about your experience and how good your doing!

Preciouspup, I hope my weight loss is as good as yours, because looking at your weight loss, you did an exceptional job.

It's funny how people say don't get the surgery, lose weight on your own, but what they don't see is that you work twice as hard as someone who did not get the surgery and weight loss is a bigger success. You have to commit to a work plan, change the way you eat and stick to it for life. The band is just a tool to help our food intake, but we are the ones who make the band work. I congratulate anyone who gets the band or bypass, because its a change to your life and a change for the best. I can't wait not to struggle with my weight anymore. I'm currently 245 the biggest I have ever been in my life. Seven years ago I was 169. It's so nice to chat/text with you all, because you understand and know what its like, I feel like the band has me an extended family.

BabyCat

Thank you for the compliment about my wieghtloss. I was 319 when I started so I have come a long way and feel a lot better about myself. I have worked hard and you will too. I have had people say "oh you did it the EASY way" that irritates me more then anything because it's not easy you still have to want it and work toward it. Your absolutely right, it's a tool, thats it a tool to assist in your progression. Yes it is a helpful tool but it takes work and dedication. I still have a way to go yet so we will still be working this journey together. Your current weight was my half way mark so we are probably pretty close to having the same amount to lose at this point. I am not sure what your final goal is but i am sure it is probably fairly close. I have had periods of great success and periods of no loss. So keep your spirits high you have a journey ahead of you. My "plan" is to be ready for PS by January of 09 because I am renewing my vows in Vegas in June of 09 and want to be healed from that. I will definitely need it there is no way around it with as much weight as I will have lost. You on the other hand may not have too since you are not as over weight as I was. This is very exciting. I am going to checking in to hear how it went for you.

Tomorrow is my day and I'm both scared and excited. It's times like this when you need the support of family. Can you believe that my sister called mre this morning and asked me, "Are yOu still having surgery?" I replied, "Yes!" Next thing I know, she's crying while stating "I know your surgery is tomorrow, but I thought that you would have changed your mind by now, because you don't need the surgery." I had to take a breath, before I let her know, that it's not about what she thinks, because the biggest she ever gets is 190 and she's 5ft 9in. tall. So she don't know how I feel. All I need or wanted was her support. Then she ran it down on how no one in the family agrees on the surgery. I let her know that no one in the family make decisions for me and considering tomorrow is the day, she should not be burdening me with this non sense. I can't believe how I being treated.

In thirteen hours, I should be in the operating room. I'm enjoying my last hours of drinking crystal light, because when 12 o'clock comes, it wil be awhile before I have something to eat or drink, or should I say drink or drink.

Hope all goes well. I am still waiting for my surgery date, but I go in tomorrow for an ultrasound of my gallbladder and my stomach scope....only a few more steps to go! GOOD LUCK! :)

I am also being banded tomorrow 11/14/2007. I am a little nervous, but very excited. I wish you luck and leet's keep in touch.

Thanks

eulete

Babycat, I am sure your family is scared. surgery is always risky and some people dont understand why we would go though the these risks for weight loss.

good luck tomorrow, praying for you fast recovery

SC

not yet banded

Keep me in your prayers

BabyCat,

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Your right your sister shouldn't have pulled this to day. Right now they should be there for you but not everyone is emotionally available when we need them. Try to turn this into a positive and think of why they may be reacting the way they are. Tell yourself that they are doing this because they care about you and they are worried about you. Surgery is very scary for many people. Even though they are not supporting you the way you need them right now, it might make you relax and feel better about the situation if you think about it as that they don't know how to support you in any other way then showing fear because they care. Does that make any sense. I am looking forward to hearing about your experience and how well it goes...:)

AppleSmieh1226,

It had taken approximately 2 to 3 weeks for approval. My insurance company is carefirst blue cross/ blue shield.