Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

heya October 2018 sleevers!

we'll be 6 yrs old soon!

any of us still out there???

Posted (edited)

Yes! Still here thriving. Hard to believe it’s about to be 6 years, time fly!

How has it been going for you? For me, I’ve been maintaining and not gaining so I’m happy! 😊

Edited by Lolaj

still out here and hanging in there. gained back about 50 lbs of the 120 I lost after surgery but as of Feb 2024, been refocusing on my habits and so far I've lost about 18 lbs of that 50. overall I'm still happy I had the surgery as I'm healthier and more active then before. my annual follow ups were getting a bit hard to face but am hoping this year's goes better since I'm working back down towards goal weight instead of further from it. I've attached a pic of me pre surgery and a few months post surgery (pink shirt). the separate pic in the bright blue shirt was taken last week during my husband and i's anniversary trip to the mountains.

FB_IMG_1674648051720.jpg

20240806_111710.jpg

I’m never on these boards, but I guess I still get emails from this thread. Still out here. Still down around 130 (up about 15) and holding steady (with Ozempic). Still hating the side effects of massive GERD and food sensitivities to almost everything (even stuff you wouldn’t expect - dairy, raw veggies, etc). I miss Greek yogurt and carrots most of all. Sometimes I eat them, but instantly regret it. Every year at my follow up doc wants me to convert to bypass for the GERD, but the first surgery was so bad I refuse to do a second one unless I’m dying :). I can only imagine what the bypass would do to my food issues.

But I do fit in plane seats more easily and it’s easier to buy clothes because I can buy from most stores. I’m sure I’m healthier, although my numbers were pretty good pre-surgery. My knees hurt less. I still have fairly complicated feelings about having done it - not sure I would do it again, but do think I made the best decision I could at the time.

I get not wanting to covert to bypass. .My surgeon suggested it last October (due to my constant gain during my annual visits in 2020 - done virtually, 2021, and 2022) and I just couldn't bring myself to even seriously consider it. The loss has been good but recovery and my mental state trying to get through the holidays 2018 were just too much to go through again unless, as you mentioned, it's a life saving necessity. I just started Zepbound to hopefully aid in losing this weight I've gained back. The side effects (nausea and fatigue mostly) are pretty rough the day after injection but I'm hoping they will lessen as my body gets used to the med.

You’ll like Zepbound! I jumped on the Ozempic train 2 years ago to help push me towards my last 30lbs.a friend did Wegovy, IMO not as good as Ozempic although it’s the same med. she’s now on Zepbound and dropping 1st year surgery weight again.
My doctor would like for me to lose another 20 lbs, but taking it slow because I’m kind of happy here. No health issues or complications and I look healthy.

you all are doing great!