Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have Restriction!

Finally, :banana :banana , I tried to eat a bite of my zone bar this morning and it's sitting right in the middle of my chest. Finally a golf ball feeling. I was eating out of control, but this got my attention real fast. Yippee!!!!!

I was starving today and ate some pintos and cheese. I ate too fast or too much, OMG, I thought is this going to pass! It seemed if I sucked air in it made it worse, it just had to pass on its own. Needless to say, I slowed down and somewhat lost my appetite, although I was still hungry. Does that make sense? I didn't pb, but I did get the slime, so I guess I'm definately filled and a bandster.

I needed that respect for my band to return and boy did it get my attention. My office assistant thought I was having a heart attack, actually I wondered myself, LOL, (but it wasn't funny then). Now maybe I can start loosing again.

Pat, I haven't PB'd yet either, but I have definitely had that golf ball and slime, can't breathe thing a few times. Scares my dh silly, LOL!!! Unfortunately, my fill seems to be leaving me this week...

Hey Pat

Well i thought i didnt have restriction from my last fill, it felt like it had just disappeared over night...anyway yesterday i get home from the gym ( I have finally joined) and was starving so i made myself some chicken and salad and was merrily munching away then after about the 5 mouthful WHAM!!! i felt this huge pain in my chest... like mega indigestion... felt very sick... and 30secs later the offending article came up.... so down went the food into the bin and my whole outlook on the restriction i have changed... cos if im not mistaken that was a PB...

love tracey

Congratulations Tracey, you're a true bandster now. It is scary to us newbies, I thought if I sucked air in it would help push it down, but it made it tighter and hurt more. Like I said this little band can certainly demand respect, then again when it's being slack, (hehe), you have to wonder if there's a band there. I just gulped my liquid Vitamins and got the stuck feeling.

I've been at 22 lbs long enough, I'm ready to loose some weight.

OK, first of all what does PB mean?

Secondly I had my first fill on Monday 1/17 (1.8 cc!!) OH MY GOD !!! I feel like there is definitly something wrong with me. I have major wake up calls every time I try to eat anything thicker than puree. I thought it was just me. I started crying today because I began to question if I had made a mistake by getting my band put in. It is so painful to eat. I am glad to know that it is normal though. However what keeps me going are the successes. I lost one dress dress size in a week, I had been stuck for a few weeks before the fill. So those are the things that keep me going.

Mom, you should be able to eat hard Proteins (meats) and vegetables without pain. This is not normal! You must chew them very, very well, make sure they are moist and lean, and take your time eating (without drinking). Quit after 20 minutes and get away from the food. Your band is designed to work w/hard proteins/vegetables. Eating mush is defeating it's purpose and you are eating around the band. Several drs. will advise you to stick w/liquids 2-3 days after each fill. Then you should be able to handle real foods. 1.8cc is a pretty aggressive fill. A slight unfill should allow you to eat the foods you are supposed to and ensure your weight loss. Being too tight puts you at risk to lose your band. Best of luck to you!

I had my first "real" fill last Wed. Yesterday, I had that yuky, foamy, pb two times, once after finishing my zone bar, which I had taken my time eating. When the zone bar came back, it was like grit mixed in mucus, (ex the graphics), then an hour later I took a tiny bite of a peeled apple, same thing happened. Then an hour later I ate pintos and cheese, no problems at all, then in evening I had bbq and roasted veggies, everything stayed down just fine. Was that weird or what? (It was so much of it I got a plastic cup and my dh thought I'd taken up dipping)

The night before I had a few peanuts and the same kind of pb happened. I'm just wondering if maybe a peanut was still stuck. Thank goodness it was coming from the chest and not the lower stomach. Then I weighed today and I'm only down 1 lb, talk about a downer....errrrr I thought I'd had a loosing week.

One more stmt/question, has anyone after pbing like that had their throat or neck ache. Last night the right side of my neck and face felt really strange, then this am my face on the right side is sore and swollen. Any thoughts on that? Gee it could just be a swollen gland, I'm so silly.

Happy loosing everyone.

Hey I have a question what is that slime deal It happened to me. Is that concidered pb or just slime why does that slime thing happen anyway? One more question when you eat something and not chew well enough or to fast and you have that heart attack feeling is it better to made yourself pb or just pray it will pass? Will it pass?

I have found out first hand if you suck air in it seems to make it worse. For me, if it's gonna come back you get the foam stuff. It's amazing how easy it is to forget to chew chew chew chew something soft, then ya swallow and OMG is it gonna pop the band? Good Luck

If I'm not mistaken, the "slime thing" is in fact a PB, which stands for Productive Burp.