Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't tolerate it...

freebigbennow, i don't no. i went for my post op on wed (11/7) expecting to get a fill. my doctor told me he wanted to wait at least 2 more weeks. i said i rather he not because it would be around thanksgiving and i don't fill any restrictions now.

i got my stitches out at my post op and will be going back to work on monday. i don't have any pain and started walking.

by the way i am glad i am getting a fill. i just weighed myself and i gained 2 pounds. i know they say it's normal but it made me sick, sad and frustrated.

Para - I haven't tried any "real" red meat - meaning ... I haven't tried anything except super finely ground beef.

I did try Pasta with spaghetti and had it pureed practically - like I would give to a one year old.

But the garlic bread I really wanted and couldn't do it unless it was saturated with sauce... or it would get stuck and cause horrible pain.

The tater tots - since they are just little tiny taters stuck together I thought would be ok since they would dissinigrate with my tongue... well... I must have took too big of a bite or something because that was the worst pain ever... Childbirth was easier.

SO I went back to liquids for a few days to try to help. I still have residual memory pain from that night - but for the most part I am good now. I seem to only have residual pain when I haven't eaten so... go figure.

Anyways - I can't tolerate rice yet - at all.. it hurts too... seems like anything that is grain based or dry is just not going to work.

Except soupy oatmeal which I love... and grits... (Which I am having for lunch... yum yum.... I have been craving them... )

I even tried to make Peanut Butter chicken (WHICH IS AWESOME) and it did good because it was moist.... and had a sauce.... and was shredded.

I can't wait until my first fill either though... because I think it will help - although I am already losing weight so they may not want to do it... who knows.

Anyways - I was just curious what everyone else was tolerating and not tolerating... interesting to see how we are all different...

OH and my CALIBRATED scale said I have now lost 23lbs.

So I am happy again... LOL ... and will update my ticker now.. LOL ;)

Amy

I have been able to eat pretty much anything I have tried. I did however have one bad experiance and that was with a boiled egg. I will not even try another, I am done forever with those...lol I don't get a fill until Nov. 26th and I am finding the difference out between full and satisified. It is a really weird feeling being hungry too! I guess I never used to think about hunger and fullness before I just always ate.

I can pretty much eat anything I want as long as I take my time and chew really really well. After you have food stuck, it sure teaches you a lesson.

well thanks for that. i found a support group for lap bands. i will be going tomorrow. i'm excited. i have so many questions that i am sure will be answered by fellow banders.

I second the bread issue!

I have tried twice now because the first time didn't hurt bad enough. Ate a bite of an english muffin Wednesday and 15 seconds later swore off bread for life. I have tried pizza same deal.

So far no other problems, veggies and fruits going down fine. I even had a bite of steak and that was ok just really chewed.

I'm finding myself to be scared to try foods though. So I've been sticking to the same stuff.

lizzie, have you had a fill yet? i too am a little fearful of trying REAL food. i am going out tonight with my husband and i don't know what to eat. crazy!!! crazy!!!

No Lap, I'm not filled. I'm hoping Tuesday (13th) I will get filled.

I've eaten out a lot since being filled. I order Soup as my dinner and a small salad or fish. Fish seems to be the best choice at least for me. When I was on mushies I got mashed potatos or something similiar. Don't forget your Protein. I carry mine around in a little baggie in my purse and sprinkle it in everything that I can mix up.

If you know where your going look up the menu online and plan ahead. We went to Cracker Barrel today and I ate off the low-carb menu and gave half of it to him to finish.

I can eat anything, no problem. Well...... the problem is that I can eat anything. I can't wait for my fill Nov 19. Right now it's like I never had surgery at all, except that I can feel my port when I bend forward.

Hang in there Holly. I too am finding I can eat anything however, I am getting full a lot quicker and by following the other rules like chewing well and eating slowly, I am not eating nearly as much. Also, because my brain knows I have had surgery, I am finding it a bit easier to be better with food choices. All this stuff about Protein and sprinkling it on stuff amazes me, cause in Australia - my surgeon at least makes no such demands. All the calorie counting and stuff that people are doing would drive me crazy because to me that is "being on a diet" and I didn't think that was what the lap band was about. Obviously you need to make good choices most of the time but by eating much smaller amounts of everything and realising that you can't consume massive amounts and then eat again a short time later, you lose weight. I thought that the idea was everything in moderation. I worry about the whole "Atkins" approach because it has received some really bad press over here - and a number of dieticians and doctors have said that it is not a healthy way to live. I actually tried the Atkins diet - years ago - (haven't I tried all diets) and I was really unwell - no energy etc and I needed carbs for playing basketball. It is so hard with so much conflicting information but I guess everyone finds what works for them and hopefully we will all keep losing to be healthier and happier.

Getting stuck really does scare you, so I know what you mean. I have been stuck a few times. I pb'd once as well- now that is a horrible experience. I just have to remember to chew and slow down. I am sure it will be a habit soon. I find that it is such a small portion of food and it is hard for my head to be satisfied with it- but that part is getting better. I am starting to by happier with my small plate of food and it really does fill me up. I was really grieving the portion size at first.

Getting stuck really does scare you, so I know what you mean. I have been stuck a few times. I pb'd once as well- now that is a horrible experience. I just have to remember to chew and slow down. I am sure it will be a habit soon. I find that it is such a small portion of food and it is hard for my head to be satisfied with it- but that part is getting better. I am starting to by happier with my small plate of food and it really does fill me up. I was really grieving the portion size at first.

HEAD Hunger is then main thing that we bandsters have to get over... I know this was one of my issues i had to deal with... but it does get better:)

I can pretty much eat everything also, which is bad! Can't wait till my 1st fill Nov 28th.I find I'm eating too fast, I feel ok then about 20 min later, oh my gosh ,I feel too full, then feel miserable for a few hours. I guess I really need to slow done and stick to measured portions, eat then wait a while to see how I feel. It's a learning curve that's for sure.