Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Restriction Question

Greeting! I have a question.. If you have Good Restriction or have reached your "sweet spot":

1). How much solid food should one be able to eat?

2). How long should food stay in the pouch before you feel it sliding down?

I don't weigh or measure my food. But I do eat on a salad plate, seem to be able to control portion size easier. Eat leisurely and chew well. After 20 minutes, get up and away from the table. Go do something non-food related, walking, biking, treadmill, etc. Don't drink for at least one hour after eating, so you keep that full feeling longer.

Personally, I've never felt my food sliding down the pouch. Other more experienced bandsters may be able to tell you more about that.

Are you currently banded? Good luck!

The only times I have felt food go down is if I FEEL i NEED TO go and clear my stomach pouch and then it just goes down anyway. As far as portions. Mine I feel are to generous. Thats my fault for pushing it and washing the food on down with tea. Yeah I been a bad boy/ Thats why I have plained out around 230-235 and havent moved in several months. Okay sweet spot. If you can understand this I feel I am there. Yes I can eat many things yet i can restrict myself also. As in If I desire to eat small portions and healthy I can and if I choose not to I can do that also. Its a double edged sword though. That choice is what keeps me in limbo. Maybe I fear the next step? Who knows. I will continue until April and then maybe then if I havent dropped anymore I will adjust a tad. I just feel if I do that though I could be asking for trouble, I can lose weight by doing what i am suppose to and exercising and it comes off fast too. Why dont I you may ask? Well we do love food or we wouldnt be here. :)

1). How much solid food should one be able to eat?

The pouch is designed for around 4 oz. Being that you're chewing your food and it's not all going to just sit in the pouch. You can probably eat anywhere from 2oz to 1 cup of food, depending on restriction. I try to only eat out of dessert plates and cups. I've even resorted to buying 1 cup containers so I know I don't go over that, EVEN if I can logistically.

2). How long should food stay in the pouch before you feel it sliding down?

As long as you can get it to stay there. In other words, the more solid Proteins you eat, the longer it will stay. If you eat Soup, it won't stay long. If you eat lean meat, chicken or fish, it'll stay much longer.

I do not measure out my food but I start to hic up when I am full. I eat about half a cup of solid but mushy I can eat about a cup. It really depends on the time of day Mornings I am tighter so I work on getting Liquid Protein in then. After 11am is meant for solids of Protein. I can usually go 4 to 5 hrs before I remember to eat. Still seems pretty weird to me. Fighting with head hunger right now

But then again I feel weird because I do not have that much in my band