Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will Weight Watchers Work?

and what the heck are tim tams?! Are they like Tim Bits?!

(hehe, that might make no sense to an American OR Austrailan! ;) )

LOL! That's what I'm sitting here wondering. Whatever they are, at two days post-op, they sound delicious! :embarassed:

oh now - that's just too tempting.............. Tim Tams are... two light biscuits joined together by various different fillings.... some are chocolate cream, some are caramel, some are mocha, coffee, strawberry cream (for breast cancer research), some are decandent........... then the whole lot is coated in chocolate..........sometimes, double choc........ they are just longer than a matchbox, and taste delicious........ so perfect for a chick flick, and feet up night!!! luv from Oz....

I am a WW fan and it is how I eat today - It is where I learn most of the info I parrot daily - You get meat, veggie, starch, sweet - it's all about protion control - I have done exchange & points - I personally count calories now - but my way of eatting is WW as i feel that it is the most well balanced eating program out there...

For those who are young and haven't spent a life time doing the variouse programs out there - they should try WW - I think it's band friendly..

I do WW's too and love it. On top of what everyone else has said about WW's it's really not a diet first of all. It's a way of life. It incorporates exercise and also gets into the emotional reasons as to why we over eat. The group support is what I love the most. Anyways I think to be successful, at least for myself, I have to use as many tools as I can. So I attend WW's, I have a personal trainer, I have my band, and I belong to the YMCA. So with all of that. How can I NOT be successful?

oh now - that's just too tempting.............. Tim Tams are... two light biscuits joined together by various different fillings.... some are chocolate cream, some are caramel, some are mocha, coffee, strawberry cream (for breast cancer research), some are decandent........... then the whole lot is coated in chocolate..........sometimes, double choc........ they are just longer than a matchbox, and taste delicious........ so perfect for a chick flick, and feet up night!!! luv from Oz....

mmmmmmmmmmmm like penguin bars!

what the heck is a body bugg?????

It's a device you wear on your arm that tells you how many calories you burn up in a day - they use them on the Biggest Loser..

There is a tread on the main board - that says "bodybugg report here" or something like that.

you also log your food in on their website - example

you ate 1000 calories and from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. - you burned 2000 calories - got to bodybugg.com and the site will tell you what it's all about - you can get them cheaper if you but it from 24 hr fitness i am told - there are a couple people in the Lucky #7 (july 07 banders) that have them.

I might get one for xmas...

Ladies, I can see I'm going to have to start airmailing the Tim Tams, lol.

YOu simply MUST try a Tim Tam orgasm! Its not where you do dirty things with the biscuit (although.... hm... be back later...). You take a cup of coffee and a Tim Tam or three, you bit one corner off the biscuit, then bite off the diagonally opposite corner, then you insert into your coffee like a straw and suck. When the coffee fills the biscuit, you cram the entire thing in your mouth just as the whole thing collapses into gooey chocolate, biscuit and caramel.

That's a mushie, right?

Dibaby...how many points do you allow yourself. i was using sparkpeople to track my calories but i find the weighwtatchers website alot more user friendly. so i think i may switch back to that.

i also find i get more support in their "threads" altho' they dont understand lapband and i usually just talk about emotions, problem issues etc.

i usually start tracking when i find myself starting to snack. it helps to jolt me back to reality.

i can "mind-fool" myself into thinking i didnt eat that much when i eat junk.

anyway just curious how many points. i eat between 800-1000 calories a day.

Jachut, you make me laugh. As another Aussie, i too have experienced the Tim Tam orgasm and sorry but you guys who don't live down under have no idea what you are missing. Yes, I'm sure they would count as a mushie but I don't know how much nutrional value they have. Anyway, reading your posts has made me feel great, I too am very tall 6foot and as a former elite basketballer, now mother of two, my weight has got out of control. there is no way I could live on so few calories and not be able to live a normal life so your story gives me great hope for the success of my band. I have been very naughty so far and am eating solids 3 weeks after banding but not having trouble with anything, in fact I feel great, particularly after losing so much weight - (I am still breastfeeding so no doubt this helps). I am chewing lots and eating smaller portions but not depriving myself of anything so I don't feel like I am on a "diet" at all, which is supposed to be the point of a lap band, or so I thought. I am looking forward to heading back into basketball next season a lot lighter and fitter than the last one. Thanks for making me feel so positive about the band - and laugh about the Tim Tam orgasms - and you look great in your two piece.