Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

loosing weight but have bigger boobs

I am pre-op and have lost a lot of weight. my problem is the more weight I loose the bigger my breasts get. I started out a 42DD and now I am a 44E. I thought you were supposed to loose breast mass not gain it. They are so heavy. Anyone else out there with this problem? Will it reverse itself ? Please let it reverse itself.:help:

I have gone up a cup size. I attribute it to the same changes that make men think weightloss increases their penis size. My boobs have stayed the same, but as I've lost weight my abdomen is farther and farther away, so they appear to stick out more, and more "boob" is there to fill the bra cup.

That makes sense. I wish it would stop. I am getting smaller in the waist and butt but I cannot go down in shirt sizes because if the issue. I would love to fit into a 2x or a 22w-24w but they don't come bigger in the bust and smaller in the waist. I think we shoul start a line of clothing for big women that starts out at a 1 instead of a 1x. Give us some dignity and self respect, not an XXX

I haven't noticed my boobs getting bigger. I've gone from a 44DDD to a 42DD and have lost 52 pounds. I was afraid to even open this thread...I want mine to shrink!! Not grow! I've already discussed the possibility of a reduction when I get closer to goal (45 more pounds to go...the slow to lose pounds!)

I lost so much weight around my shoulders and back first up, I didnt even realise I had it to lose, but my back circumference has halved and I only had a BMI of 35. Consquently, as I bought new bra's to fit my back, the cup size went UP. Its a different fit, not actual bigger boobs. And most people wear too big a back size and too small a cup anyway.

Now, in the last bit of my weight loss, my breasts are shrinking back to a DD and will be a D within a few more lbs I think.

Which I wouldnt mind, only they could just as easily be measured EXTRA LONG! Argh. But I prefer having moderate sized bewbies, not big norgs.

Robin:

I am so jealous! I wore an A until I had my daughter twenty years ago. I've been a B since then, however I'm nervous that I will be an A again soon. Mine seem to be getting smaller as the rest of me is getting smaller. Some day when I get a Tummy Tuck I'm going to buy some C's! ha ha.

Sue

Where as I anticipated a boob loss.. I went from a 46D to a 40DD so far.

I was shocked to see that my cup size went up too, and wondered if that was normal. Glad you posted!

I noticed first the seperation of my tummy from my boobs, which I love.. but the cup size going up was weird. I thought it would all be going down. I am not knocking it though, and due to family genetics 90% of the women are skinny with BIG boobs.. so maybe I won't lose much.

I have gone from a 48D to a 44C. Despite this fact, my boobs look bigger to me and other people have told me so too. I guess they have not gone down as much as the rest of me.

This scares me I need mine to not get bigger. I am at 44F and really dont know what I would do if they got any bigger..

I am pre-op and have lost a lot of weight. my problem is the more weight I loose the bigger my breasts get. I started out a 42DD and now I am a 44E. I thought you were supposed to loose breast mass not gain it. They are so heavy. Anyone else out there with this problem? Will it reverse itself ? Please let it reverse itself.:help:

I am a wee bit confused. Doesn't the number measurement usually represent the inches of the band? If so, you are wearing a larger band size... And if you are, I would guess that you were either wearing the wrong size to start with (as in your before bra was too small) or you were measured wrong this time.

For whatever it's worth, for the first few bra's I went through post banding, the band size went down, but the cup size went up.

Yeah, I assume I won't stay DD! I would be happy with a C.. but of course, that means the rest of me better get in line too!!

Since losing weight, my tummy bothers me more. It's so flabby and gooey when I'm walking, if I pass my reflection I can see it jiggling through my clothes. yuck.

I am a wee bit confused. Doesn't the number measurement usually represent the inches of the band? If so, you are wearing a larger band size... And if you are, I would guess that you were either wearing the wrong size to start with (as in your before bra was too small) or you were measured wrong this time.

For whatever it's worth, for the first few bra's I went through post banding, the band size went down, but the cup size went up.

I was confused by this also.

But the way cup sizes work is odd.. a 32 D cup is a small breast than a 42 D cup, so if your boobs don't shrink as you lose weight your cup size could still go up as your band size goes down. I was a 42D/42DD and now I am a 38DDD/38F. yeesh.

Yes, its hard to imagine how band size could go UP? But if its fitting you differently, perhaps you wore it wrong before, or its sitting in the wrong place now. The band should not be up around your shoulderblades, it should actually sit very low. I always used to hate how the back rode up on me, I assumed it was because of the big bazoongas but I was wearing a way too big band size. I got that fixed when I was still fat, and the backflaps disappeared instantly.

what I find I need now though is a wide band, so despite being a 12DD now, lots of the cute bras are still no good. I have these side flaps of skin that you'd never notice in a bikini top etc but the minute you put on a bra with a very narrow back that hugs your ribcage and constricts, they spill over the sides, yuck. If I could have Lipo on only one area of my body that's where I'd choose. Then I could wear any bra I fancy. I can buy nice ones now, but they're still of the larger breasted woman variety.

Nobody would actually call me large breasted, that's what's frustrating, because I'm so tall, DD looks on me what a B or C would look on someone else.

As Chickie said, if you're wearing a larger band size, then perhaps you weren't wearing the right size to start with. It would make sense that the cup size increases as the band size decreases, though. As you lose weight, you should lose the fat around your rib cage, thus the band size goes down. If you don't lose fat in your breasts (and many of us don't), then the cup size will increase because, just as an example, a D cup in a 34" band is actually much smaller than a D cup in 40" band. To have the same size cup in a 34" inch band as in a 40" band, you might have to go up to a DDD.

I have gone from a 38DDD to a 34DDD, so my breasts are slightly smaller than they were at my fattest. But they are still too big and too heavy to be comfortable. If they don't shrink some with my last 25 pounds, I'll definitely have a reduction.