Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all ... my name is wardah I'm from Australia Melbourne I have been over weight since young age at 28 I had my first wls lapbanding which was a great success at that time... two years later hitting my goal weight my first band was leaking then I had the second that had slept and caused infection that needed to be removed immediately 3rd band was put in had bit of success with it then I had started to get severe heart burns that not coming from stomach but the esophagus after a few scans done it appears that due to a very tight band I had what they called a stretched esophagus where all my food is sitting and coming up ... long story short my doctor strongly recommended that I have the Bypass done asap removing the band with out given alot of information about post op I'm getting mixed msgs some people had great success some had Nothing but bad luck I really have no clue what I'm getting myself into but yet have no choice if someone that had a rny can give me something to read and learn about it thanks a million

Sent from my SM-N950F using BariatricPal mobile app

4 minutes ago, wardahwilliam said:

Hi all ... my name is wardah I'm from Australia Melbourne I have been over weight since young age at 28 I had my first wls lapbanding which was a great success at that time... two years later hitting my goal weight my first band was leaking then I had the second that had slept and caused infection that needed to be removed immediately 3rd band was put in had bit of success with it then I had started to get severe heart burns that not coming from stomach but the esophagus after a few scans done it appears that due to a very tight band I had what they called a stretched esophagus where all my food is sitting and coming up ... long story short my doctor strongly recommended that I have the Bypass done asap removing the band with out given alot of information about post op I'm getting mixed msgs some people had great success some had Nothing but bad luck I really have no clue what I'm getting myself into but yet have no choice if someone that had a rny can give me something to read and learn about it thanks a million

I'm a band to bypass revision myself. Had the band installed in 2011, and whereas I didn't have any severe issues, the band just didn't work out well for me, I got stuck constantly, leafy greens hurt to eat... it was just not how it should have gone. I spent years feeling like a failure. I finally went back to my surgeon after years of not checking in and we discussed my options and on March 21st, I had my band removed and was revised to the bypass. And I haven't been happier about a decision in a very long time. I really do wish I had the bypass back in 2011 and didn't get sucked into the promises of the band. The Bypass surgery has come a long way since it showed up. Do people have problems, they sure do, but seems you are already dealing with some pretty intense issues with the band, not sure what potentials with the bypass are scaring you away from it... I'm so very happy with my revision.

I'm a band to bypass revision myself. Had the band installed in 2011, and whereas I didn't have any severe issues, the band just didn't work out well for me, I got stuck constantly, leafy greens hurt to eat... it was just not how it should have gone. I spent years feeling like a failure. I finally went back to my surgeon after years of not checking in and we discussed my options and on March 21st, I had my band removed and was revised to the bypass. And I haven't been happier about a decision in a very long time. I really do wish I had the bypass back in 2011 and didn't get sucked into the promises of the band. The Bypass surgery has come a long way since it showed up. Do people have problems, they sure do, but seems you are already dealing with some pretty intense issues with the band, not sure what potentials with the bypass are scaring you away from it... I'm so very happy with my revision.
Thanks mate that's what I have been told by a lot people including my friends I'm so glad to hear that you are very happy about the revision cant wait for mine in November i have an almost empty band still suffering from food getting stuck due to the inflammation and the constant heart burn nexium 40 is becoming my only help atm

Just now, wardahwilliam said:

Thanks mate that's what I have been told by a lot people including my friends I'm so glad to hear that you are very happy about the revision cant wait for mine in November i have an almost empty band still suffering from food getting stuck due to the inflammation and the constant heart burn nexium 40 is becoming my only help atm

My band ended up giving me Grade 3 Esophagitis, I had no idea either, it wasn't until I had the upper endoscopy to make sure there was no erosion with the band before my revision that I found out I had a moderate to severe esophagial damage... Now, heartburn and other burning issues are totally gone!

My band ended up giving me Grade 3 Esophagitis, I had no idea either, it wasn't until I had the upper endoscopy to make sure there was no erosion with the band before my revision that I found out I had a moderate to severe esophagial damage... Now, heartburn and other burning issues are totally gone!
I cant believe this night mare will end when I have my rny glad I had someone that's gone through the same thing

One of the individuals in my bariatric surgery support group went from a band to bypass a few years ago and he was very pleased with the results. His band was wearing through his stomach lining and had to be removed immediately. Because of the scar tissue, his bypass was a little bit smaller than most and as a result, it limited his meal size a little but he was fine with it.