Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

19 hours ago, Lilia_90 said:

So I get very very very hungry right before my period and the first few days of my cycle. It is so intense that I feel that there is a hole in my stomach where the food disappears 10 minutes after I’ve eaten. It is so weird and I have never experienced this pre WLS. I have clocked 1750 calories for 4 days straight and a whopping 120 grams of Protein because I can’t seem to get full. Then I just lose interest in eating for the rest of my cycle, anyone else experience this?

Lately by ovaries and uterus have been trying to kill me so I’ve been nauseous and in SO much pain. They’re being evicted soon so 🤷‍♀️ hopefully I’ll have relief.

Like today I had a Protein Shake (maybe?), a large frozen coffee, 1/3 of a gas station pizza thing (like a calzone but honestly awful), a grape Gummy, and 1/2 a serving of spicy carbonara ramen.

Ok so the first weekend of every month (so people don’t assume I have $82 grocery bills all the time) I do the majority of bulk grocery purchases for that month. I ended up spending $482US after rebates. Not pictured is 5 cases of Water, 5 12pks Gatorade zero, a 20lb bag of rice, 4 6pks Pepsi zero, and 2 big bags of caramels that teens have claimed as their own.

The last 4 pictures are Flashfood produce that was $15.75. Half of the plums will get the dehydrated treatment, half the peppers will get frozen, the dragon fruit and avocado cut and frozen for smoothies, and I might try my hand at preserved lemons. The very last picture is the yucky produce that was in the order. I usually don’t sweat a few things being bad as it’s usually such a good deal.

IMG_9684.jpeg

IMG_9685.jpeg

IMG_9686.jpeg

IMG_9687.jpeg

IMG_9688.jpeg

IMG_9689.jpeg

IMG_9690.jpeg

IMG_9691.jpeg

IMG_9692.jpeg

IMG_9695.jpeg

IMG_9696.jpeg

IMG_9697.jpeg

IMG_9702.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9700.jpeg

21 hours ago, Lilia_90 said:

So I get very very very hungry right before my period and the first few days of my cycle. It is so intense that I feel that there is a hole in my stomach where the food disappears 10 minutes after I’ve eaten. It is so weird and I have never experienced this pre WLS. I have clocked 1750 calories for 4 days straight and a whopping 120 grams of Protein because I can’t seem to get full. Then I just lose interest in eating for the rest of my cycle, anyone else experience this?

I used to be like this back in my fertile years (😉). I craved carbs and could eat a loaf of bread in one day. Sandwich after sandwich. I had to consciously stop myself. About year 2 after my surgery, & well into menopause, I’d get these random days where that carb craving for bread would hit me. I couldn’t do anything about it because bread sits so heavily in my tummy so I avoid it & I never buy it. Thank goodness there wasn’t any in my house. I doubt foamies or my restriction would have stopped me. LOL!

You joining the hysterectomy club @Starwarsandcupcakes? I’m three weeks out since mine. Yesterday I was feeling pretty good. Even went to the theatre to see a contemporary dance production but today I’m wiped out. Even chose an afternoon session so I could have a little nap before I went. Also had a fun experience with alcohol hitting hard. Drank almost a 1/2 glass of Prosecco and as I took it into the theatre it hit me. Woozily climbed the steep stairs to my seat. Sat with a thump. The stage was moving (it wasn’t) then the electronic music began and lighting effects. OMG! It was not pleasant. Felt like I’d quickly downed a bottle & not sipped a bare 1/2 glass. Damn cheap theatre alcohol!