Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 8/29/2024 at 2:09 AM, Clark Griswold said:

How long did it take you all to tolerate bread? I’m 2.5 months post vsg and really struggle to tolerate most breads and especially wraps

Around the 4th month. I started with small toasts types to dip in hummus. Some breads are easier to eat than others. For example, sourdough is very easy for me versus other types. Maybe cause it's fermented. As @Arabesque said, it does fill you up fast though & can give you a heavy feeling.

Thanks all for the advice on breads! I tried a cracker and gouda cheese at the weekend and that went down ok so assume melba toast would be ok. I tried a wrap last week and it was not pleasant at all, and couldnt keep it down.

On 8/29/2024 at 3:09 AM, Clark Griswold said:

How long did it take you all to tolerate bread? I’m 2.5 months post vsg and really struggle to tolerate most breads and especially wraps

I’m 4yrs out from VSG to RNY and I still find that most bread and flour tortillas sit really heavy. I have better luck with crackers, corn tortillas and toast.

Finally starting to feel “normal” again with food prep and meals after being in a funk the past few months.

Went to a conference a couple weeks ago and this was the lunch. The salmon was good. The rice and Soup? Not so much. And I didn’t even grab dessert. 😂

IMG_9360.jpeg

IMG_9361.jpeg

IMG_9362.jpeg

Glad you’re feeling more yourself @Starwarsandcupcakes. You’ve been through a lot the last few months and recovery is just not the healing of physical scars. Looking forward to seeing your meal prep pxts again.

Made refrigerator pickles, dried strawberries, dehydrated bbq zucchini chips, split pea Soup, and pikliz (a Haitian pickled slaw) this week. But since I didn’t have lime juice or habanero peppers I used lemon juice and Sriracha instead. It’s pretty tasty and I can’t wait to have more with fish stew on Friday. (I’m currently reading a book by a Haitian author and the way she mentions fish stew made my mouth water!) Only ate half the dinner roll but all the soup and half the pikliz.

IMG_9442.jpeg

IMG_9443.jpeg

IMG_9459.jpeg

On 9/11/2024 at 9:01 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Made refrigerator pickles, dried strawberries, dehydrated bbq zucchini chips, split pea Soup, and pikliz (a Haitian pickled slaw) this week. But since I didn’t have lime juice or habanero peppers I used lemon juice and Sriracha instead. It’s pretty tasty and I can’t wait to have more with fish stew on Friday. (I’m currently reading a book by a Haitian author and the way she mentions fish stew made my mouth water!) Only ate half the dinner roll but all the Soup and half the pikliz.

IMG_9442.jpeg

IMG_9443.jpeg

IMG_9459.jpeg

Which book and Author ?

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Which book and Author ?

I actually finished the book today and I hope she writes a sequel! It’s “Devil of the Deep” by Falencia Jean-Francois She’s a smaller Indy writer so she doesn’t have many books out yet. I immediately started “The Devil Wears Scrubs” by Freida McFadden afterwards. Which brings me to reading books 49 and 50 so far this year.

As for the fish stew, the snapper is currently marinating and smells amazing. If you aren’t a garlic fan though it’s probably not for you.

Fish stew, pikliz, and brown sugar milk tea boba. I threw in more epis, tomatoes, and celery into the stew along with onions and peppers when I cooked it. Served over jasmine rice.

Also, I’ve somehow convinced myself that Soup is just a liquid salad.

IMG_9475.jpeg

IMG_9476.jpeg

IMG_9477.jpeg

On 9/11/2024 at 9:01 PM, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

ll 

IMG_9443.jpeg

...now i want a dehydrator....

tonights dinner: leftover pizza.

its a different one fer sure: white sauce with creamed corn, roasted tomatoes, basil, anchovies and Parmesan .

tasted like a salty dessert pizza lol.

anyway, i ate it all, est 200 calories.

IMG_7981.thumb.jpeg.5fdc9e76b29012b99d52db8556256723.jpeg

9 hours ago, ms.sss said:

...now i want a dehydrator....

I used it a lot. When I get cheap produce I dehydrate a lot into work and school Snacks. I also use it to make wraps, fruit leather, and beef Jerky.

1 month post op gastric bypass .. before and after and I ate an extra bite and the foamies kicked in and unfortunately I lost all the food!

Reminder: listen to your full ques teehee.

I'm still trying to get rid of old habits

IMG-20240916-WA0040.jpg

IMG-20240916-WA0042.jpg