Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

OMG! How did I miss you had Vegemite on toast last week @Starwarsandcupcakes. I didn’t think any non Australian could tolerate it. Mind you I can’t stand it - so strong - unless there’s heaps of butter & only a smear of Vegemite. I’m a promite girl (or was before surgery when I had it regularly on freshly baked white bread).

That carrot Soup looks delicious!

@Arabesque Vegemite on toast with no butter is one of my favorite comfort foods recently. If Vegemite wasn’t so expensive here ($10US for the small jar!) I’d buy it more often.

some things i've eaten the past week...

1) ½ an oven roasted acorn squash with butter and seasonings: est. 150 cals. ate ½

IMG_8412.thumb.jpeg.2abba1f99dcf167448934e96ca0db4f7.jpeg

2) homemade cabbage Soup with 5 homemade pork and cabbage meatballs: est. 400 cals, ate/drank it all except for 2 meatballs.

IMG_8442.thumb.jpeg.4609b591d7db89fd46e002452e668d4e.jpeg

3) ben & jerry's coffee ice cream, sour cream and onion chips, and a dark chocolate Godiva truffle: est. 500 cals, ate it all.

IMG_8443.thumb.jpeg.7cd0f6fa30c5e5f7e173601acc810375.jpeg

4) beet salad (beets, feta, balsamic glaze, green onion, ginger, vinaigrette): est. 275 cals, ate it all.

IMG_8477.thumb.jpeg.7a0cf800584cff0c2ec5cd99843367b7.jpeg

5) 1/4 sesame bagel w/ cream cheese and feta, roasted pork belly slices w/ ginger onion condiment : est. 550 calories, ate it all.

IMG_8489.thumb.jpeg.acc5adb497b7b18701db05a73b69d4ea.jpeg

6) raspberry (9%) yogurt cup with black pepper: 175 cals, ate it all

IMG_8490.thumb.jpeg.b289090ade22eb09b94907d8b2c4f317.jpeg

Breakfast and lunch today. With the Soup I made cornbread with green chilis and cheese in it.

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_9827.jpeg

On 10/6/2024 at 12:28 AM, Lilia_90 said:

So I get very very very hungry right before my period and the first few days of my cycle. It is so intense that I feel that there is a hole in my stomach where the food disappears 10 minutes after I’ve eaten. It is so weird and I have never experienced this pre WLS. I have clocked 1750 calories for 4 days straight and a whopping 120 grams of Protein because I can’t seem to get full. Then I just lose interest in eating for the rest of my cycle, anyone else experience this?

Things I’ve eaten the past few days:

IMG_1191.thumb.jpeg.b55450e060ce06bc6c374a76722665b0.jpeg

Galore of burgers. Double smashed cheeseburgers, a classic burger, and a spicy crispy chicken burger.

IMG_1196.thumb.jpeg.64c3fb0d782bb74ba17c6ee8021d7c64.jpeg

Maple buffalo shrimps

IMG_1184.thumb.jpeg.fb5c6967d133314eeb1ba6ab916ef8fd.jpeg

Up close and personal on the spicy chicken burger.

So hubby was quite taken aback at how much I ordered (knowing he’ll have to eat most of it, teaser: he did) I got excited to try everything (teaser: I didn’t). I hade around 3/4 of one half of the smash cheeseburger, and a bite of the spicy chicken burger which was soooo good but then I felt so sick and regretted eating that. Hubby ate most of the shrimps, his whole burger and my half. The rest was put in the fridge. There was also a large portion of fries which I didn’t taste.

IMG_1185.jpeg

IMG_1187.jpeg

I'm post post post menopausal lol and I still have serious cravings for about a week. My appetite goes sky high, I feel like a bottomless pit during those times. Our bodies continue to go through hormonal changes even without a menstrual cycle. To manage this, I use a period tracker to stay prepared for these fluctuations.

Went out to dinner to a Michelin star Cantonese restaurant. What we ordered (dim sum, Duh!)

IMG_2493.thumb.jpeg.6ff9a35e4d4eceb6ef1a9f828e175670.jpeg

We were served wagyu, scallop, prawn and lobster dim sum. I had the Wagyu, scallop and lobster ones, my dinner companion polished off the rest.

IMG_2499.thumb.jpeg.aa5c0465a8c4e884945f5f6e34170c47.jpeg

Pecking duck. Which was good but not great, I’ve had better. My pretty rolled duck pancake (I had two).

IMG_2506.thumb.jpeg.ceea115072da76d7cd11615c2a502d68.jpeg

IMG_2512.thumb.jpeg.22529eb97ceebe6fdc19bd46877b22c8.jpeg

Spicy curried shrimps. The largest shrimps I’ve seen, they’re XX jumbo. I had two and regretted it because I was uncomfortably full.

IMG_2858.thumb.png.aada6fafd4f18486c46a098c037d92bf.png

Dessert was this delicious bomb with a crispy praline exterior, stuffed with a large scoop of praline ice cream and drizzled with hot chocolate and hazelnuts, and a vegan mango pavlova that was phenomenal. I had two small bites of each dessert and felt extremely stuffed (hate it). Overall this dinner was a 10! I’m so grateful I get to enjoy eating out and order a variety of dishes and get to experience everything (in moderation)

Edited by Lilia_90

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm post post post menopausal lol and I still have serious cravings for about a week. My appetite goes sky high, I feel like a bottomless pit during those times. Our bodies continue to go through hormonal changes even without a menstrual cycle. To manage this, I use a period tracker to stay prepared for these fluctuations.

Man that is exactly how I feel! Like a bottomless pit on my cycle.

Edited by Lilia_90

Looks delicious. Was it for your birthday @Lilia_90? If so, happy birthday.

I had Chinese last night too for my nephew’s 7th birthday. Not as fancy as this though. Just from the local takeaway. LOL!

3 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Looks delicious. Was it for your birthday @Lilia_90? If so, happy birthday.

I had Chinese last night too for my nephew’s 7th birthday. Not as fancy as this though. Just from the local takeaway. LOL!

No it was my sister's! That dinner was my birthday treat to her :)

Happy birthday to your nephew ❤️

Edited by Lilia_90

On 10/18/2024 at 12:13 PM, ms.sss said:

some things i've eaten the past week...

1) ½ an oven roasted acorn squash with butter and seasonings: est. 150 cals. ate ½

IMG_8412.thumb.jpeg.2abba1f99dcf167448934e96ca0db4f7.jpeg

I was inspired by this post to buy one!!!
I still haven’t cooked it. What’s your favorite method?

25 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Roasting it! Steaming comes second.

Winter squashes (acorn, butternut, spaghetti, pumpkins, etc.) provide a much better flavor if roasted I find. It brings out the flavors and you can serve them so many ways. For sweet I usually do cinnamon and clove with a bit of maple Syrup l. For savory I like to do garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper and then the last few minutes broil with some kind of cheese.

4 minutes ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Roasting it! Steaming comes second.

Winter squashes (acorn, butternut, spaghetti, pumpkins, etc.) provide a much better flavor if roasted I find. It brings out the flavors and you can serve them so many ways. For sweet I usually do cinnamon and clove with a bit of maple Syrup l. For savory I like to do garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper and then the last few minutes broil with some kind of cheese.

Cooking: Covered then uncovered?

I feel that this topic is my favorite topic on bariatric pal. I love food! Everyone's food look so good! I'm glad to see that most have self control. Some foods posted I wish I could eat 😐😐😐, due to my food addiction I have to run from it like the plague.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

I just chop them in half, scoop out the seeds. Rub it with oil and garlic and add salt and pepper. I roast it in the oven, I don't own a airfryer. You can also rub it with any spice rub of your choosing, I love za'atar and it tastes delicious with mint,yogurt sauce

1 hour ago, Mspretty86 said:

I feel that this topic is my favorite topic on bariatric pal. I love food! Everyone's food look so good! I'm glad to see that most have self control. Some foods posted I wish I could eat 😐😐😐, due to my food addiction I have to run from it like the plague.

Want to know a secret:

I don’t love food. IDK if I ever did as I look through some of these post and think, “Does everyone eat this many different foods?!? Or when my kids joke about me eating tea again for dinner (I do love drinking 🤣)

But also please don’t torture yourself by looking if you are struggling ❤️ Check out the research on hedonic hunger:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_hunger

https://www.webmd.com/diet/story/hedonic-hunger-and-why-we-cant-stop-eating

https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC6009994/#:~:text=The term 'hedonic hunger' refers,of this construct in 2009.