Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 9/24/2024 at 5:07 PM, GreenTealael said:

I’m not sure about in AU, but in US medical files sometimes still say history of obesity/Bariatric surgery so that bypasses a lot of issues when trying to explain why you need help losing regain or maintaining weight.

Can others please chime in if they have any information about this?

But either way if you can swing it, they are effective.

I’m pretty sure you still have to be a specific BMI and have a high risk of heart issues for insurance to cover it. My guess is that they will probably prescribe it to anyone but insurance won’t cover. Then again the more studies they do to reveal other things they treat they may be easier to get soon

Edited by ShoppGirl

5 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I’m pretty sure you still have to be a specific BMI and have a high risk of heart issues for insurance to cover it. My guess is that they will probably prescribe it to anyone but insurance won’t cover. Then again the more studies they do to reveal other things they treat they may be easier to get soon

Generally it’s super expensive and a lot of insurers dropped coverage either July 2023 or January 2024 so unless a person definitely has coverage the next best step is compounding pharmacies. My hope is that this is the beginning of the race towards a cure for obesity.

Insurance in Australia doesn’t cover pharmaceuticals in there same way as the US. Prescription meds here are either on the PBS (pharmaceutical benefits scheme which are meds subsidised by the government to keep the costs low - about $31) or not. If you have private health insurance they may cover some of the costs of non PBS drugs but I think it depends on your insurance company and your cover. My insurance would pay the difference in the cost of a prescribed non PBS med and if it was a PBS drug. So if non PBS drug cost me $35, I’d get $4 back. Think Ozempic is on the PBS but there have been lots of shortages & there are restrictions on who can be prescribed it (diabetics only I believe). Not sure about the other semaglutides. Wegovy only recently became available here for weight loss - it’s not on the PBS currently.

On 7/27/2018 at 1:06 PM, insta_adventurer said:

Soft Proteins, yes.

I used my own recipe.

2 eggs
15oz part skim ricotta
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1tsp ground garlic
1tsp black pepper
Dash of basil
1tsp Italian seasoning
1tsp salt

Mix all these well.

Spoon 1 to 2 teaspoons into each spot on a mini muffin baking pan that you’ve sprayed with Pam.

Sprinkle a touch of reduced fat mozzarella on top of each.

Bake 20 minutes at 375.

I’m thinking of making a bariatric cooking/recipe blog. I love cooking and being inventive and really want to stay within my approved foods. So it may be neat!

Seeing this gave me an idea! I think I will make some of these tomorrow but put laters of sliced zucchini rounds in each muffin tin! I'm hungry just thinking about them!

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Generally it’s super expensive and a lot of insurers dropped coverage either July 2023 or January 2024 so unless a person definitely has coverage the next best step is compounding pharmacies. My hope is that this is the beginning of the race towards a cure for obesity.

My hopes are the same it has certainly gotten a lot of attention so perhaps it will help reduce some of the stigma at the very least. I have two friends that are currently on them for weight and they have shockingly low copays. My one friend showed me the pharmacy paper where it said her insurance saved her X dollars and I don’t remember the exact amount but It was well over a thousand.dollars. I follow Dr Weiner too so I learned about them when they were fairly newly being used for weight loss. I also looked into it before i went with my revision, but my insurance does not cover them for weight loss as of when I scheduled my surgery. My family provider’s office is currently working on getting compounded version to offer to their patients and hope to get the price under $200 a month they said but the NP said she would not put off surgery waiting on all insurance to cover it or for them to get a good compound because those things usually take quite a while.

10 hours ago, Hiddenroses said:

Seeing this gave me an idea! I think I will make some of these tomorrow but put laters of sliced zucchini rounds in each muffin tin! I'm hungry just thinking about them!

I’ve made these a few times and they were surprisingly good!

another day, another (clone-like) salad. this is my first meal of the day (at 3pm) cuz i decided i needed help with my handstand so i went to a "handstand workshop" this AM. everyone was super cool and nice so i ended up hanging out at the studio afterwards and totally lost track of time!

anyway got home and realized i actually ran out of leafy greens, so this baby is just chopped carrots, apples and cucumber topped with bacon pieces and an entire burrata ball! (with balsamic glaze and a homemade vinaigrette)

463 calories for the bowl, ate ALL the burrata (yum!), and maybe 2/3 of the rest of the stuff.

IMG_8171.thumb.jpeg.b0c32776c88a802c01cea037113d326a.jpeg

IMG_8174.thumb.jpeg.f561b786b0d4737d99214e2b91d2c883.jpeg

15 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

another day, another (clone-like) salad. this is my first meal of the day (at 3pm) cuz i decided i needed help with my handstand so i went to a "handstand workshop" this AM. everyone was super cool and nice so i ended up hanging out at the studio afterwards and totally lost track of time!

anyway got home and realized i actually ran out of leafy greens, so this baby is just chopped carrots, apples and cucumber topped with bacon pieces and an entire burrata ball! (with balsamic glaze and a homemade vinaigrette)

463 calories for the bowl, ate ALL the burrata (yum!), and maybe 2/3 of the rest of the stuff.

IMG_8171.thumb.jpeg.b0c32776c88a802c01cea037113d326a.jpeg

IMG_8174.thumb.jpeg.f561b786b0d4737d99214e2b91d2c883.jpeg

The big question is where is Kitty?