Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

19 hours ago, ms.sss said:

yes, i know all my salads look pretty much the same, but im posting anyway because every single one deserves to be honoured!! 😂😂😂

385 cals for this bowl, ate about ½ for now. kinda regret eating it cuz im about to leave to go to hot yoga then pilates afterwards and i really hate exercising with stuff in my stomach. oh well. at least it was delicious :)

IMG_8136.thumb.jpeg.c3e1a858a7ff4f286a9f344099d3ed38.jpeg

IMG_8141.thumb.jpeg.b7ef0cccaa182a29dcab1c814922c3ca.jpeg

It’s very aesthetically pleasing.

12 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

Beef fajitas yummm lol no tortillas 😩😩😩. I miss tortillas ! My food addiction does not allow me to indulge in breads anymore.

IMG_5957.jpeg

Ooooh very nice, I used to make so many naked/lettuce wrapped substitute sandwiches. I look back at that time fondly.

bread? Who needs it when you can be this creative. ❤️

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

It’s very aesthetically pleasing.

Looks yummy

food I’ve eaten lately:

IMG_8374.thumb.jpeg.638176b20713285c458b219c77b28ac8.jpeg

homemade smash burgers with caramelized onions, melted cheddar, mushrooms, jalapeños and pickles with spicy sauce (spicy mayo, ketchup and cajun seasoning) in a potato bun. This monstrous burger was for hubby (double stacked) I had the same but single patty and ate around half of it.

IMG_8559.thumb.jpeg.a3b0def2a6c56ec607d2d795dcdc4bdc.jpeg

Baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, roasted almonds, feta. This is usually a portion for hubby and I, I eat around 1/4 of it.

IMG_8594.thumb.jpeg.d1e32a49236209e3463c6916bf6febd9.jpeg

Medium rib eye with homemade chimichurri, avocado salad and grilled courgettes. I don’t know how much I had but I’m guessing around 4 strips of steak, 2 spoonfuls of salad and 2 courgettes.

IMG_8831.thumb.jpeg.d37ee4f2a6fce35fcd486b086fe221fd.jpeg

Shakshuka with a side of toasted sourdough. I had one egg white on one half sourdough.

1BD71CD6-6267-4AD9-89CE-9DF86501A91A.thumb.jpeg.9768f9fa4de22fb51f6ce68b7e076573.jpeg

Mini Charcuterie board.

Hopefully you can read the ingredients on the photo. Don’t know how much I had but it was delicious.

Edited by Lilia_90

food I’ve eaten lately part 2:

IMG_9118.thumb.jpeg.6867354a3fb5f29c20a0598b4ceb1288.jpeg

Fish tacos:

Mini mission low carb tortillas, Spicy cabbage slaw, mashed avocado, yogurt jalapeño crema, grilled trout and homemade chimichurri with a side of homemade potato wedges. I had one whole taco.

IMG_9242.thumb.jpeg.2b20c5a4fecfb4e24a0d70f9872d2324.jpeg

Spicy eggs with tomatoes and feta.

IMG_9934.thumb.jpeg.8526e1e9b634b222885e0f7ff5f08b12.jpeg

Musakkhan. A Palestinian dish made with a layer of thin tawa bread topped with chicken cooked with lots of onions in olive oil and lots of sumac (Middle Eastern spice) and topped with roasted pine nuts (only had slivered almonds at hand). Had a thigh piece and small piece of bread.

IMG_0131.thumb.jpeg.59ae02fc4669fb3a9bc5199084e874ce.jpeg

Wild arugula, sliced bell peppers, cucumbers, pomegranate seeds, sliced fresh figs, feta cheese. Had a 1/4 of this salad

Edited by Lilia_90

food I’ve eaten lately part 3 (cheeky part):

IMG_9687.thumb.jpeg.a8c19782b86ef046bf53e9d8db489fc1.jpeg

chocolate fondant cake with praline ice cream, salted praline cream, chocolate mousse and fudge. This was so good, I had 3 big bites of this. (I did not make this).

IMG_0104.thumb.jpeg.dedf1db8bacaed99afeede4be5884be1.jpeg

Upside down mango cheesecake. I am a big fan of cheesecake, especially baked cheesecake. This one was chilled but it was so delicious. I had 2 big bites. (I did not make this).

IMG_0181.thumb.jpeg.252cdb4ffad01b334bcfcb120d8d3f56.jpeg

My banana bread. While the ingredients are fairly healthy, the amount of chocolate I top it with isn’t LOL. I didn’t try it, the kids and the hubs almost cleared it.

IMG_0040.thumb.jpeg.b128fe44da9da45130c995dd43797e4d.jpeg

Turkey and pepperoni panini on sourdough focaccia, slathered with pesto, grated cheddar, arugula, Sriracha and spicy mayo with a side of salt and vinegar chips. I had 1/3 of this panini in the picture and 3 chips.

IMG_0032.jpeg

Edited by Lilia_90

@Lilia_90:::omg im so u are posting ur food again!!! soooo yummmmmyyyy looooking!!!

(do u have a food instagram? cuz i'd totally follow....)

11 hours ago, Lilia_90 said:

food I’ve eaten lately:

IMG_8374.thumb.jpeg.638176b20713285c458b219c77b28ac8.jpeg

homemade smash burgers with caramelized onions, melted cheddar, mushrooms, jalapeños and pickles with spicy sauce (spicy mayo, ketchup and cajun seasoning) in a potato bun. This monstrous burger was for hubby (double stacked) I had the same but single patty and ate around half of it.

image.gif.a3271580b9c8688c0c9033b33a672767.gif

How much food can everyone eat now? Those of you further out? So many delicious food post but I can only enjoy about 1 cup of food at a time. I'm about 5 months out!

24 minutes ago, Mspretty86 said:

How much food can everyone eat now? Those of you further out? So many delicious food post but I can only enjoy about 1 cup of food at a time. I'm about 5 months out!

That will change and you will wish you were back where you are now. I can eat "normal" servings of food now. for example, I can eat a whole sandwich, most of a burger and some chips, a piece of steak and salad.

28 minutes ago, SleeverSk said:

That will change and you will wish you were back where you are now. I can eat "normal" servings of food now. for example, I can eat a whole sandwich, most of a burger and some chips, a piece of steak and salad.

That is scary ass hell!! I need that restriction forever (food addict). I guess that's when you have to use all your baratric tools. Movement, mindset, and Portion Control 😩😩😩😩😩

30 minutes ago, Mspretty86 said:

That is scary ass hell!! I need that restriction forever (food addict). I guess that's when you have to use all your baratric tools. Movement, mindset, and Portion Control 😩😩😩😩😩

yes, it is scary, I have put on 10kg and I don't even know how, well maybe I do. picking is my biggest problem you know the old go to the fridge get a slice of cheese, pick at this pick at that .................... I wish I had have been told for some people their restriction is temporary, so you really need to use this time to your full advantage

2 hours ago, Mspretty86 said:

6 yrs out

25-50% of an adult portion

75-100% of a child portion 🤣

29 minutes ago, SleeverSk said:

yes, it is scary, I have put on 10kg and I don't even know how, well maybe I do. picking is my biggest problem you know the old go to the fridge get a slice of cheese, pick at this pick at that .................... I wish I had have been told for some people their restriction is temporary, so you really need to use this time to your full advantage

In one of my groups I'm in a licensed therapist on the baratric team stated when we see ourselves gaining again, go back to the beginner basics the way we treated our bodies right after weight loss surgery: Go back to those high Protein meals/ veggies getting full on that and not snacking and indulging. That stuck with me.

33 minutes ago, SleeverSk said:

1 minute ago, Mspretty86 said:

In one of my groups I'm in a licensed therapist on the baratric team stated when we see ourselves gaining again, go back to the beginner basics the way we treated our bodies right after weight loss surgery: Go back to those high Protein meals/ veggies getting full on that and not snacking and indulging. That stuck with me.

Also don’t hesitate to take advantage of the new tools (GLP-1s) ❤️