Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

food from the last week- lemon vegetable orzo and garlic cheese breadsticks (ate it all)

Sheppard’s pie, roasted red pepper ranch cucumber salad, and fresh pineapple (ate it all)

Not quite a frittata but spinach, bell pepper, chili powder caramelized onions, mushrooms, garlic, sharp white cheddar, with rosemary sea salt and saffron infused eggs alongside a slice of brioche toast (ate it all… I think?) The blue cup has light mocha iced coffee in it- drank all that.

steakhouse seasoned burgers- mine was on a Hawaiian roll with roasted red pepper mayo, pepper jack cheese, Vidalia onions, banana peppers, and pickles (lettuce and Tomato on the side) alongside Parmesan ranch smashed red potatoes. (Obviously didn’t eat it all)

Im still not counting calories right now but down another lb so I’m not worried about it.

IMG_8659.jpeg

IMG_8670.jpeg

IMG_8673.jpeg

IMG_8676.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

Your ‘frittata’ looks very much like what I called my ‘omelette’ @Starwarsandcupcakes. eggs and whatever vegetables are on hand and cheese. I often made it for lunch. Still haven’t tested to see if my tummy likes eggs again. When i do, & if it does, I’ll be making it again - whatever it really is. 😁 Always so tasty.

9 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Your ‘frittata’ looks very much like what I called my ‘omelette’ @Starwarsandcupcakes. eggs and whatever vegetables are on hand and cheese. I often made it for lunch. Still haven’t tested to see if my tummy likes eggs again. When i do, & if it does, I’ll be making it again - whatever it really is. 😁 Always so tasty.

I can only tolerate eggs sometimes, mostly hardboiled. Also if something smells like eggs, I can’t eat it. Even if I already started eating, I can’t continue.

It’s been this way my entire life so it might be a true aversion (even my children inherited my egg smelling abilities) but after revision, it became 10 times worse.

On 06/13/2024 at 05:34, GreenTealael said:

I can only tolerate eggs sometimes, mostly hardboiled. Also if something smells like eggs, I can’t eat it. Even if I already started eating, I can’t continue.

It’s been this way my entire life so it might be a true aversion (even my children inherited my egg smelling abilities) but after revision, it became 10 times worse.

I can’t do eggs either, but it’s been just post op for me. Deviled eggs are the only exception.

21 minutes ago, kristieshannon said:

Deviled eggs are the only exception.

YUM! ** off to make devilled eggs... **

2 hours ago, kristieshannon said:

I can’t do eggs either, but it’s been just post op for me. Deviled eggs are the only exception.

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

YUM! ** off to make devilled eggs... **

My daughter just made deviled eggs for the first time. I couldn’t bring myself to try any 😩

44 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

some stuff i ate yesterday (ate everything shown)...

IMG_1037.thumb.jpeg.b4c52bc8b527f71fede3bdce789d7e8b.jpeg IMG_3314.thumb.jpeg.b1e955c5eb2bd06e34c2d9d07894440e.jpeg IMG_3312.thumb.jpeg.7fa0b808dff377310e824c8e04653f90.jpeg

Lord have mercy $65 for a buffet ? Each ? Love the look of the focaccia though, yum

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, summerseeker said:

Lord have mercy $65 for a buffet ? Each

yeah it was one of these brazillian steak houses that have non stop parades of meat. i've been to a couple in the past that were ok, but this one was not appealing to me (all the meat looked overcooked to me :( ). but honestly i just dislike buffets! and i REALLLY dislike buffets i pay for and don't even eat!! (but it was for a friends bday so i'll keep the grumbling to a minimum).

Edited by ms.sss

Post cardiac rehab brunch- avocado brioche toast and poached egg with Sriracha and cucumber

also daughter’s bf’s birthday pie- white cranberry juice Gelatin with blue spirulina powder added then topped with whipped topping and strawberries in a store bought shortbread crust. Thankfully the gelatin wasn’t overly sweet and the tart was a nice balance. He loved it btw.

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8678.jpeg

IMG_8682.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Post cardiac rehab brunch- avocado brioche toast and poached egg with Sriracha and cucumber

also daughter’s bf’s birthday pie- white cranberry juice Gelatin with blue spirulina powder added then topped with whipped topping and strawberries in a store bought shortbread crust. Thankfully the Gelatin wasn’t overly sweet and the tart was a nice balance. He loved it btw.

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8678.jpeg

IMG_8682.jpeg

The pie is gorgeous!

how is recovery going?

On 06/13/2024 at 09:19, kristieshannon said:

Same!! Deviled and fried are the only ones I can tolerate. Scrambled and the smell of scrambled make me want to throw up.
Just post sleeve. Weird huh.

eggs have never been an issue until last year. Love omelettes and scrambled eggs were what i ordered if we went out for Breakfast. Oh devilled eggs. Used to make them a lot in the 70s can’t believe they’re still so popular. Somethings just always taste good. I do like a fresh prawn salad with a Marie Rose sauce … a prawn cocktail in other words. 😁

$65 for a salad. Yikes! This is what I don’t like. How we get caught with paying a lot for food or alcohol we just can’t eat or drink anymore or subsidising others’ meals (bill splitting). Think I recently shared about wanting to get a single glass of champagne for myself but was forced to join the group purchase of a bottle. I didn’t even have one full glass while they had almost 2 glasses each. My share cost me 1.5 x the price of a single glass I wanted to order. While lovely it was as an expensive bottle. And the bun less halloumi burger I once ordered. Charged the same $18 price & got a slice of Tomato, a small lettuce leaf & a slice of halloumi. Sigh!!

20 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

The pie is gorgeous!

how is recovery going?

Going pretty well! It’s forcing me to exercise 3 days a week and I dare say I might enjoy it.