Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Info Seminar ?'s lap vs gastric

I attended a info seminar in Sacramento last night... and I had a few questions. The surgeon said the lap band is a better choice for those who ate large volumes of food vs someone who grazes and has a sweet tooth. Has anyone else heard this? At the same time she said the band is good for someone who does well at WW but just needs an extra help. I am torn I was leaning toward the band ..but now I am not sure..I would like to hear some other opinions...Thank you..

Michelle

My surgeon said the same thing, I am a major sweet eater, so I too was worried.

I'm 9 months out, 78 lbs gone forever and I still can eat a cookie, I just don't eat the entire bag. My cousin had RNY on 11/9 o6, I have lost just as much as her. So I don't buy into the fact that if you like your sweets your better to go with RNY. I'm very happy with my decision.

There was a really good thread recently about why people chose the band I will see if I can find it for you.

Nina x

I recently attended a seminar as well, where they discussed both RNY and the band. It was just a few hours north of you, in Redding. I went in thinking its the band all the way, and I left more confused about which to choose than ever. I am still waiting for the first round of consults, so I have not made a final decision yet. It is very hard. Good luck!!