Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post surgery 17 lbs lost!!!!!

hey everyone, let me start by introducing myself because you will read alot about me during this new journey...my name is chiqui, im 39 yrs old and have been overweight 1/2 my life..... im sure some of u can relate... when i was 19 i was 119 lbs and i looked HOTTTT!!! i had dates like crazy!!! I couldnt go to a club without being hit on constantly.. back then it was annoying (what i would do to be annoyed like that again lol) as i got older....and a husband and 4 kids later.. i got bigger.....246 lbs on a 4'11'' frame... thats scary!!!!!!

i couldnt believe i had gained 127 lbs!!!! my husband accepted me for me and never bothered me about any weight issues but i would deprive him of sex.... back in the day i could have sex 4 times a day i would be positioned into a pretzel, upside down etc....he has never experienced that wild side of chiqui...

sex with hubby was far and in between and very boring because although i was sexually hungry, i couldnt let myself "GO"... i would cover up in the blankets, missionary style was the way, and my belly was in the way.

hangin with the kids meant watching a movie cause lord knows how many excuses i had when the kids wanted me to bike ride, play ball or swim...i love my life.... my man and my crazy kiddies and i made a decision to get this surgery done so i can play ball and swim and seduce hubby the way i want to........ so.... Nov. 1, 2007 i had it done.... THE BEST DECISION I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE!!!!!!! i started the fast the day before which happened to be on halloween THAT WAS TORTURE!!!! and since then i lost 17 lbs!!!!! i thought how can that be???? but it was true... i now weigh 229.....my clothes are falling off.... i am dedicating myself to my new life journey and i hope you all are too.... we need to be here for eachother i know i will be here for each and everyone of you.. we are in this together....enough with me... tell me about yourself......

much love

chiqui:whoo:

Hi chiqui!

I have not been banded yet, but is always nice to hear the experience before & after to have been pleasant. I hope to be banded before May of 2008. I am just beginning the process.

I have my experiences posted on the thread under introduction: New and feeling Lost!! if you want to check it out.

Congrats on your lost I can't wait to have those kind of results that is amazing. What is your husband saying with the 17lbs loss?

4jin.... u are going to love it!!!!! as for my hubby????? well... he knows 17lbs lost is just the beginning....he dont know whats in store for him hehehe!!!!! good luck on your 6 month journey...... that was my hardest part. my primary dr. screwed me over on alot of things... and it took longer than expected..... i was supposed to be banded in june and i was banded 5 months later......make sure your dr. has patients who had the lap band so he is experienced with the clearance letter and notes..... take care

chiqui

I was banded on 11/1/07 too and have so far only lost no more than 5lbs. And I had been on the liquid diet for two weeks prior to the surgery...during that time, I lost almost 6lbs.

I have my post-op appointment on Friday and I cannot wait to be given the go ahead to eat musshy food. Right now I can't stand the fact that I am getting hungry and when I drink these darn liquids, they go through me so quickly. I have not cheated yet, and I don't intend to, but if I have to be on liquid for another week...yikes, I am gonna scream.

I started this journey at 235lbs and according the my doctor's calculations, I should realistically lose 100 lbs withing a year.

I am burping and farting like crazy and I still cannot drive my car comfortably. I am tired and find myself wanting to nap during the day (thank God I applied for disability as my doctor said I would need between 2-4 weeks). The most annoying this is this gas pain in my lower back left side that won't go away...oh, and I haven't pooped in days.

Other than that, I am looking forward to the time people look at me and ask, "are you losing weight?" That will be my victory...yeah...oh and I plan on having a baby next year...

Hey chiqui!

First off, congratulations on your 17 lbs loss! Whoo hoo! I'm 6 days post op and don't know exactly how much I've lost. My family tells me that I look like I've lost so much weight so far. I've been on the "delicious" liquid diet too. YUCK. Anyway, my question for those who have lost a significant amount of weight a good couple days to a week post-op is whether you already have some fill in your band? Do you count your calories during the day? If so, how many are you eating? Once again, Congrats!! Talk to you soon and good luck on your lap band journey :confused:

hi chiqui, welcome aboard, i was banded a week ago and have lost 16lbs,

my emotions are really bad though, i ve been crying everyday for the past 5 days, i think this has to do with the my support system, ive been let down alot my bestmate,, dont want to go into detail..but ye, well done and welcome, its the best thing we have done for ourselves..

Gina

Hey my name's Gayle. CONGRATS on your surgury and weight loss so far. I am very excited to be banded soon...hopefully! December should hopefully be my month!!! Well good luck and keep us posted. Oh and I totally can relate to the sex issues! Man I can't wait to be able to move like I used to!! ;~)

Well chiqui it looks like you are starting an excellent thread here.

How are your emotions? R u cooking for your family? Are you tempted?

Just want to start getting my mind in the right direction on what to expect afterwards as well.

Take care!

hi guys!!!! sooo.... i went to the dr. today and he said i can start on soft food!!!!!! YIPPPEEEEE!!!!! i have never heard better news in my life....... so 3 hrs at the drs. office u can imagine how hungry i was... i rushed home and made a scrambled egg... i took 3 small bites (chewed very well) and i was stuffed!!!!!! i couldnt believe it!!!! and for dinner i had 2 tbs. of mashed potatoes!!!! again..... stuffed.....too funny....

4jin- i am cooking for my family and yes i feel its emotional because your taste buds are still wanting the food and i salivate like a bear BUT my belly tells me NO WAY!!! its soooo confusing but now that i am on at least soft food, so im satisfied.. completely.

gayle- good luck in december... u will love it!!!!!

ginaki- congrats on your 16 lb weight loss!!!!!! and im sure you will get emotional if u dont have support from people u need it from. but dont let that get u down....THIS IS YOUR YEAR and if no one wants to support u GET RID OF THEM!!!!!!!! they are not true to u... if u need to talk.... email me AOL.com - Welcome to AOL

mysticalks- my doctor said i should be ready for my 1st adjustment in about 4 weeks.........

solaa- i hear ya with the burping and farting lolol take gas-x like its going out of style.... that has become my best friend... and make sure u take it right after you have a meal even a liquid meal.

anyway have a great night and remeber "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS''

"nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

LOL....That reminds of this one diet period in my life where I went to Healthwise. It is a "medically" supervised program you buy the shakes, Cookies and tea or juices that are supposedly filled with Protein and follow sort of a SouthBeach, LowCarb Atkins type of diet....terrible....I lost fine in the beginning, but then plateau hit a hard one too....next thing I know she is cutting less and less items on my menu...next thing I know down to just liquids without pills..or anything..give me a break lady...and all i remember her saying was ....

to motivate...think

"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! ok need to go to the psych forum....

LOL.....LOL.....LOL....