Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hitting the gym HARD!

Only lost 2 pounds in the last 18 days. On the good side I had to hold my shorts up with one hand while running 7 mph on the treadmill or they would’ve been around my ankles while I shot across the room like a missile! I’ve held out as long as I can. Time to skip a size & drop from 2XL to a Large.

6 hours ago, Seahawks Fan said:

Only lost 2 pounds in the last 18 days. On the good side I had to hold my shorts up with one hand while running 7 mph on the treadmill or they would’ve been around my ankles while I shot across the room like a missile! I’ve held out as long as I can. Time to skip a size & drop from 2XL to a Large.

Stalls suck, my last stall lasted between 10 - 15 days. But it finally broke. I'm in the gym daily so it's hard to separate the muscle mass weight gains with the fat losses. Some days the Water retention from the workout counters the weight drop from the fat loss. It sucks, but as long as that muscle mass is growing, things do eventually pan out. The size drops are crazy though! I've gone from a 50 waist (below the gut line) to a 40 waist at my actual waist line. Such an amazing feeling!

I’m making a commitment this month to really get back on track with my exercise. Much of my loss has been purely diet driven and I’m ready to up the ante!

23 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

I’m making a commitment this month to really get back on track with my exercise. Much of my loss has been purely diet driven and I’m ready to up the ante!

me too! I need to up the ante as well! I wish I knew someone local who had surgery like me that I could work out with. I do so much better with a buddy, not to work out with, but just to keep me motivated and accountable.

3 hours ago, Matt Z said:

Stalls suck, my last stall lasted between 10 - 15 days. But it finally broke. I'm in the gym daily so it's hard to separate the muscle mass weight gains with the fat losses. Some days the Water retention from the workout counters the weight drop from the fat loss. It sucks, but as long as that muscle mass is growing, things do eventually pan out. The size drops are crazy though! I've gone from a 50 waist (below the gut line) to a 40 waist at my actual waist line. Such an amazing feeling!

Yes gaining muscle mass can actually make it appear like your stalling when in fact your burning more fat & losing inches.

3 hours ago, KimTriesRNY said:

I think that’s an excellent choice!

2 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

me too! I need to up the ante as well! I wish I knew someone local who had surgery like me that I could work out with. I do so much better with a buddy, not to work out with, but just to keep me motivated and accountable.

Just load up a playlist & start busting. I have a few great playlists to sweat to. I go with my kids & put them in child watch while I workout then when I’m done I take them swimming.

On 07/03/2018 at 10:00, AshAsh1 said:

Where do you live?

On 07/03/2018 at 11:43, BostonWLKC said:

Where do you live?
Central IL

On 07/03/2018 at 11:42, Seahawks Fan said:

Just load up a playlist & start busting. I have a few great playlists to sweat to. I go with my kids & put them in child watch while I workout then when I’m done I take them swimming.

I need to build a good playlist! I started a thread awhile back but I don’t recall anyone giving me any specific songs to try.

I just use Pandora, they've got a bunch of workout related playlists already!

I am also hitting the gym hard!! I hired a personal trainer last week and am meeting with her once a week and doing the exercises on my own in between - I want to do lots of weights to build muscle and counteract the loose skin problem before it starts.

I also started the Couch to 5K running program yesterday. I used to be a runner, even did a half-marathon years ago, but haven't for a long time. Trying to run with 42 excess pounds already gone is AWESOME! So much easier than when I tried last year.

Re: playlists, I do a different thing - I listen to comedians on podcasts/shows. Laughing makes the time, esp. on treadmill, go so much faster. I also listen to audiobooks and ONLY allow myself to listen to the book at the gym, so I'm anxious to go back to find out what happens next!

Good luck and keep it up, everybody!

On 7/5/2018 at 4:18 AM, AllyJonesVSG said:

I am also hitting the gym hard!! I hired a personal trainer last week and am meeting with her once a week and doing the exercises on my own in between - I want to do lots of weights to build muscle and counteract the loose skin problem before it starts.

I also started the Couch to 5K running program yesterday. I used to be a runner, even did a half-marathon years ago, but haven't for a long time. Trying to run with 42 excess pounds already gone is AWESOME! So much easier than when I tried last year.

Re: playlists, I do a different thing - I listen to comedians on podcasts/shows. Laughing makes the time, esp. on treadmill, go so much faster. I also listen to audiobooks and ONLY allow myself to listen to the book at the gym, so I'm anxious to go back to find out what happens next!

Good luck and keep it up, everybody!

Congrats!

On 7/3/2018 at 12:09 PM, Matt Z said:

I just use Pandora, they've got a bunch of workout related playlists already!

I have Pandora & just kind of forgot about it. I’ll have to put the app on my new phone.