Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help me turn my brain off

Yes this is just a shameless plea for some distraction.

I've been having to do some heavy thinking lately on whether to stay in my current job or take another offer I've received. List the cons, list the pros, etc. - I know, but it's a bit more complicated than that and I can't stop analyzing the situation.

Today I want to turn my brain off and not think about it, so post crap to help distract me. :D

Bored.com - Fun Stuff To Do When You Are Bored

My-Caffeine - Online Games | News | Horoscopes | Videos | Online Dating

Fun Things To Do When You're Bored: Free Games, Puzzles

Don't know if youve already tried these things, but here's a few links if you haven't.

I hate when I can't shut my brain off. I can't sleep, and I get so distracted from everything else other than what I don't want to think about, it's a vicious cycle.

How about shopping? I'm not much of a shopper, but sometimes I like to go and just wander and look at things. I seem to remember you mentioning something about wanting to redecorate? How about sitting in the bookstore with some decorating books for inspiration?

Here's an interesting site about homes that I found fascinating (wasted some serious time there last night):

Earthship Biotecture » Putting Housing Back into the Hands of the People

Another good time waster:

Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

How about:

Album: CHANGING SPARK PLUGS ON A PT CRUISER - SIMPLIFIED

Customers Suck!

A nice long drive always turns my brain off. I love to drive for hours listening to my favorite music. After about an hour I'm there, and I just drive for 2-3 hours. Just looking at the colors changing....the world....it works for me.

When I can't shut my brain off. I usually start playing some mindless game on the computer like Minesweeper or Soduku. I get so wrapped up in the logic of the game that after a while I realize I'm not focusing on whatever had my head spinning to start with.

That said good luck on whatever you decide.

I looooooove:

FreeRice

I can easily spend an hour there.

Whirling mind causes me allot of lost sleep at times as does high stress moments I have found that playing something simple but repeatative helps tremendously.

So I play spider solitare or bejeweld (tetris type) or Majhongg on the computer which settles my wandering mind and allows me to slow down enough to sleep or just calm down. Add headphones with my favorite music and I'm set.

I end up reading a lot of LBT and I think I am only going to spend

half an hour here but it turns out to be the entire evening.

I read more than I post. Some days I am in the mood to read all

the newbies complaints.

Those websites mentioned sound great. I am going to ck them out when I am really bored on the weekends.

Yes, it is! WOW!
Makes me glad I used to be obsessed with reading historical romances! You can get a giant vocabulary on obscure/out-of-use words that way.

Makes me glad I used to be obsessed with reading historical romances! You can get a giant vocabulary on obscure/out-of-use words that way.

Lauren, that is soooooo od that you say that. I was thinking the EXACT same thing (for myself of course), I love a great historical romance and would go through periods where I was reading one every few days.

Makes me think of Stephanie Laurens or Mary Balogh or Kelsey (?) MacGregor.

Dang, now I'm going to have to cut my Tami Hoag habit and pick up some more Stephanie Laurens....

Lauren, that is soooooo od that you say that. I was thinking the EXACT same thing (for myself of course), I love a great historical romance and would go through periods where I was reading one every few days.

Makes me think of Stephanie Laurens or Mary Balogh or Kelsey (?) MacGregor.

Dang, now I'm going to have to cut my Tami Hoag habit and pick up some more Stephanie Laurens....

Ah, but Tami Hoag is awesome, though. :confused: She's one of the authors that started to turn me over to current-day murder/mystery/romances.

I was a book worm in elementary school. I started reading romances when I was in the 4th grade, I think (mostly Harlequins and that type), and then graduated up from there. I was reading giant Tom Clancy novels in 5th and 6th grade, along with my dad's Vietnam War novels. I was well-known for always having a book in my hands. I'm somewhat of a speed-reader, too. I can finish a 300-page novel in 3-4 hours. I'd literally read them back to back.