Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big Losers....come in here please!!!!!

Wow! I can't believe how much weight you have lost so quickly!! Fantastic!!

Truly an inspiration. Did you need to lose a certain amount of weight before they would do the surgery?

Marieze

I did not have to lose a percentage of my weight to get approved for surgery. I did have to try and diet and exercise for 6 months prior and have the doctor document it each month. On August 4th I had gained back all the weight I had lost and was back up to 397 - ugh! Then I went on a spa vacation and lost 10 pounds in a week. Then when I came back the surgeon put me on a preop diet and I lost 14 presurgery. The rest of the weight came off due to the band and following all the rules the dietician and surgeon had sent up to the best I could. I owe my success to following the bandster rules. I am now in my last week of soft foods and have had two fills as of today. I have reached a short plateau(at least I hope it is short) and since my fill yesterday feel ready to drop another 15 in the next 3 weeks. I now need to bump up my exercise because I only do a little walking right now. I need to get busy. Write me anytime if you have any concerns. I know you will love your band and your new less painful life ahead.

Take care,

shelli:girl_hug:

I needed to hear all this too. I am waiting for my band and am hopping once I lose some of this weight my legs wont be as swollen. At my highest i was at 372 currently I am at 360 and I know I should be real proul of 12 lbs but it is such a trial to keep those 12 off. and now my legs are not as swolen but they still are swollen. Can anyone tell me if their legs were swolen and now arnt? or do they stay that way?

I had crippling lower back pain around 20 when I was hitting over 300lbs. I had a hard time finding any doctors that would give me pain meds, so I was in a horrible funk. I couldn't even go to the grocery store!! Walking from the parking lot to the store would cause me to fall to the ground crying. That's the 'dark times' in my life heh. Then I started getting the back shots, and they would work for a few months at a time. I started researching weight loss surgery Dec. 06, and had my next back shots scheduled March 07. Around Jan 07, I was having the crippling pains coming back.. March came, got my shots.. and they didn't help this time (they were starting to work less and less). Around the same time I found my surgeon and scheduled my surgery for April 16 (I was self-pay, so it moved very quickly).

Only 1 month post-op, the pains were 90% gone. I could walk for long periods of time. I believe it was reaching 290's that I got rid of the pain (I was 333lb at surgery). So it was about 30lbs for me. Who knew, for 3 years I could have been walking fine if I would have just lost 30lb!! Not that it's that easy, but still.

I still have pains once in a while, if I'm standing straight for long periods of time (and not walking or moving).. like in line for something.. and when I sleep at night, it acts up. But as for walking, I can go-go-go for long periods of time and not a single tinge!

Hi Guys,

This thread is so encouraging! Please keep posting about your LOSS of aches and pains as that is one primary goal of mine with weight loss!!

I appreciate all of you sharing your stories! My warriers!!!!

Marieze