Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't feel FULL! so I keep eating and I don't know what to do. The only "pain" I ever feel is when I'm swallowing something it's too thick or whatever but not full. I thought the surgery would help with that but no. Then I feel like okay since I don't feel full maybe I need to eat other foods?

Without more info I can only guess you are eating slider foods, things that do not trigger restrictions or high refined carb and sugar foods that do not trigger satisfaction and actually make you crave more. Dense Proteins tends to sit heavy with most people despite type of surgery, leafy vegetables are necessary for Fiber, nutrients and bulk (full feeling if you need it) Healthy fats make you feel full for longer. Can you share your daily diet? Have you consulted your NUT or team?

Edited by Tealael

1 hour ago, Synergy said:

I don't feel FULL! so I keep eating and I don't know what to do. The only "pain" I ever feel is when I'm swallowing something it's too thick or whatever but not full. I thought the surgery would help with that but no. Then I feel like okay since I don't feel full maybe I need to eat other foods?

First question is, are you following your plans? You are only 13 days out of surgery, have you really been cleared to eat foods with a sleeve, 13 days post op?

What is your daily Protein like?
What is your daily Water intake like?

Don't worry about feeling full. Are you hungry? If you're not hungry don't eat just for amusement, eat per your recommended food schedule. Think nutrition, not food. If it's time to eat, you have a 2-4 oz pouch, put in 2 ounces for starters. Work your way up to 4. Eat only what your NUT has advised at this point.

If you are very hungry (as opposed to craving bad stuff) make sure you're getting enough Water in. Also, stomach acid can mimic hunger. If a Tums cures your hunger, it's not hunger, it's acid.

Most people don't feel full this early out from surgery. You don't really start to experience "restriction" until you're on soft foods. Good luck, this stage can be very confusing.

I think Matt makes a good point... are you even cleared for solid foods yet? Most of the time sleevers have 2 weeks of liquids following surgery before purred foods. A couple things to ask yourself:
1. Are you really hungry, or are you experiencing head hunger or thirst? Could you need to be on a PPI?
2. Are you eating/drinking slow enough to let your brain catch up? It should take you approx. 20 minutes to finish a meal, even when you are in the early stages, I sipped my 2-3oz over a long period of time.
3. If you have progressed onto purred foods or soft, are you waiting to drink 30 mins before and after?

There is a lot that goes into this question...