Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you had your first fill?

I had my first fill on Tuesday and I feel no restriction at all. I can eat anything (I have eaten pizza and quesadillas). I am so discouraged. I was counting on this to help me with not being able to eat these things. Of course, I did eat a lot less than I normally would have but that was more due to willpower than actually being full. I'm trying to stick to the stop when you no longer feel hungry rule but it's hard when you don't feel the fullness/pressure, etc that I have heard about. I know it should get better as I get more fills but we are going on vacation tomorrow and I was hoping to be more restricted than this and lose or at least not gain..... I haven't lost anything in over 3 weeks and have actually gained a few pounds (this was before my fill).

I am having the same problem you are I just had my fill Friday and I can still eat like I did before I don't get full, the only thing different is I think he gave me IBS, my doctor is great so I think Im just gonna give him a call Monday and see what I can d.

I had my first fill of 1 cc on 10-22. I have a small amount of restriction which I have really noticed if I eat bread/meat to quickly or don't chew well enough. I am not feeling hungry in between meals and am definitely not eating the large quantities I was before. Everyone gets the feeling of restriction at different levels and it may take a few fills for you to get it right. he most important thing you can do is to eat your Protein first, drink lots of Water and get your 4-5 days of exercise per week. You have to be patient with this surgery....remember this is not a quick fix like gastric bypass is.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! :whoo:

I've had two fills.

Surgery was on Sept. 6.

First fill on 10.15 of 3 cc (I have a VG band). No restriction at all.

Second fill on 10.29 of 1.5 cc. I have a little restriction, but I can certainly eat more than I should be able to.

I am on Prednisone, though, and as it causes innate hunger and cravings, my doc is working with me to help me get through it.

Cathy

I've had one....last Tuesday, and am going tomorrow for another since I don't have any restriction :(

I had my first fill on 10/30/07 but it didn't give me any restriction and I've still been able to eat pretty much anything. It's all been done on willpower so far. But I've got an appointment for 11/12/07 for a second fill, so maybe I'll feel a bit of restriction this time.

I just had my first fill on Saturday 11-3. I was on liquids for 3 days and today is the first day that I can eat solids. I only had lunch today & that was at 11am. It is now 530pm & I am still not hungry. When I was eating I never felt full & just decided it was time to stop eating. And after a while the fullness kicked in. I sure hope this continues.

I just got home a lil' while ago from gettin' my second fill. Fun stuff...hopefully when I move to mushy/soft foods I'll notice a difference!

I was banded 9-20-07 and had my first fill Nov. 1st. I do not feel any restriction at all. I called the doctor's office and told them. I go back on the 15th for another fill, so hopefull i will get some restriction soon.

I did get my first fill on 10/18 and I actually have been feeling restriction. I had my first slime last week (2 weeks after my fill) and it was so painful I don't think I will every try to eat pizza crust again. I really notice the restriction in the morning. I can only drink something hot or eat hot oatmeal. I absolutely cannot eat anything cold in the morning.

Tomorrow I go for my 2nd fill!! I am kind of nervous...how much more restriction can I have?

My fill center is really agressive with the fills. She told me she put in a lot (I forgot to ask how much) and that I would definitely feel the difference. I felt it, but I am not sure I want to feel it any more than I already do!