Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Dates

I guess I have hit bandsters HELL. I am starved the past two days. I am still on Clear Liquids, Jello, popsicles, milk and Protein Powder. I am so ready for something more substantial. But I am determined to follow doctor's orders. I can start mushies on Thursday. I already bought some eggs, yogurt, Soup and cottage cheese today.

Plus I have a sinus infection. Today has been a real bummer. I keep getting dizzy and nauseated. I have had my Protein and have drunk plenty of fluids so it must be the infection. This too shall pass.

I'm going through my own bandster hell. I have redness around my port site and I'm afraid it may be infected. I'm supposed to be going to my first post op on Thursday, but I've decided to call in the morning and find out if the doctor can see me tomorrow. I have all these things running through my head, like, what if my body rejects the port? or what if they have to go in and take it out? And, will they give me a fill at all if they DO take it out, and have I went through all this for nothing? then part of me is saying it is all probably ok and I'm worrying for nothing. But, it is really red and I'm always wondering the worst!

Destiny 79, <p>I'm glad you posted your before pic. I think you'll be glad you did. The pic is just one thing we see. The pic is just a pic and can never really capture how fabulous you are (before or after pics!)- the posts do that! I would like to post my before pic but couldn't find the thread. Can you tell me the exact title and I'll search it. Thank you in advance! Samanta</p>

Hi Everyone. I just got banded on Dec. 19th. I am 5 days post op and I am feeling pretty good. I go for my post op appt. tomorrow to get the staples removed. I have been on Water, crystal lite and diet snapple since surgery. Tomorrow I start on shakes...3 a day plus water...for two weeks. Does that sound a bit extreme or is it just me?

Ok Guys I need some advice. I was banded on the 18th and have been feeling better each passing day. Last night while watching the Vikings game I got a sharp pain in my stomach so I just drank some Water and tried to ignore it. This is a new pain and not something I have had since day one. I can take a deep breath and at the top of that deep breath also get that same shooting pain in my stomach. It feels like a cramp when you are running wind sprints.

Take care. Hopefully, it is just gas pains which I found could appear anywhere in the body.

Merry Christmas to all you Merry Losers.

I too found I had some gas pain in the last couple of days that I wasn't expecting since everything seemed to be easier than I'd expected. It went away as suddenly as it came. It was a little concerning when it hit. But didn't last a very long time so I figured it must be okay.

Today is my 6th day and I agree it is a turn around day. I feel pretty good, incision site is itchy. Still nap at least once a day. I have not had the severe gas pain. Did Lortab every 3 hours for two days.

My husband said i statrted talking in my sleep so i stopped it and have been fine. The talking stopped too, thank goodness, I don't want him to know my secrets:)

There is a site here someplace that talks about the body bugg, it looks very interesting. I don't think I will get one yet. Will wait to see how I do.

Dr. appt the 31st.

All I have to say is congratulations to all of us. WE ARE WINNERS!!!

Keep up the good work.

Granny K and all, we all need to remember, even thoough this was laproscopic that we did nave abdominal surgery. It takes time and patience to get over this surgery. For every hour you are under anesthesia it takes one month to recover. So give yourself a break, rest lots, stay hydrated and pat yourself on your back.

I finally figured this out after my third day of feeling like crap.

Glad day 6 was a turnaround day for you. As I have posted before - that is when I really began to rally.

Very interesting about the relationship between anesthesia and recovery time.

You are so right - this abdominal surgery was an affront to our bodies and it needs time to heal not only externally - but internally.

Merry Christmas

C.N.

Ok Guys I need some advice. I was banded on the 18th and have been feeling better each passing day. Last night while watching the Vikings game I got a sharp pain in my stomach so I just drank some Water and tried to ignore it. This is a new pain and not something I have had since day one. I can take a deep breath and at the top of that deep breath also get that same shooting pain in my stomach. It feels like a cramp when you are running wind sprints.

I had one of those I marked it down to tension. I was watching a movie and it made me all tense and I had one of those pains. My dr said our insides will work a little differently now the port is attached to the stomach muscle so if it gets tense then we might have a different feel for a while till we get used to it.