Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sunday night. :) I'm still sick as a dog. I guess my strength is some better but it doesn't last too long. My fever is not as high, but I can't breathe!! :) :) I can't blow my nose, either. I don't think I slept at all last night. My throat is too sore to care about eating. I tried some Cereal in milk this morning - first teeny tiny trial sized bite, I nearly threw up, which is something very different for me. I'm sure hoping tomorrow will be better. Thank you for asking. :cool:

Poor Leatha! Does taking a hot shower or sitting in the bathroom w/the shower going to create steam help w/your breathing? Do you have a vaporizer?

Poor Leatha! Does taking a hot shower or sitting in the bathroom w/the shower going to create steam help w/your breathing? Do you have a vaporizer?

Funny you should ask. I've just resorted to the 'odd couple' way of doing things. I currently have a large stock pot full of salt Water boiling on my stove. lol. I've been in there with a towel over my head, breathing in and breathing out, trying to break some of this loose. One problem.. with the blood thinners and us not really knowing how the shot may interact with it. I don't want to get any bleeding going... :) It's never easy...

Leatha,

Thanks for giving me that information on the "Hospital cost" of the Lap Band I really appreciate it. I also hope that you are getting over your flu and feeling better. I always know I have the flul because I get "really fainty" and ache all over. Hope you are feeling much better !

Leatha, that's pretty smart! My husband's ENT has him flushing his sinuses out several times a day w/saline mixture (same thing you're doing!) for chronic sinus problems. Do you have any family near by? Someone needs to come and take care of you, girl!

Leatha, that's pretty smart! My husband's ENT has him flushing his sinuses out several times a day w/saline mixture (same thing you're doing!) for chronic sinus problems. Do you have any family near by? Someone needs to come and take care of you, girl!

My daughter is in Denton, but I've only just told her this past 15 minutes that I've been sick. :) I'm a bad girl. She's a busy little thing. I've made it through the roughest part. I think I might live now. :)

Leatha, have you tried Zinc Lonzenges? They work miracles for me. One brand is called "cold ease" or "cold eeez" and can usually be found at Walgreens.

Thanks Paula! You're so good to me! :(

I do think I'm gonna live. I've still got a low grade fever, but the sinus problem has eased some. I'm now moving into that miserable stage of having the scratchy throat where you cough your head off. I've always heard that meant you're getting better. I finally slept some last night but that's a whole nuther thread.. lol.

I am very fortunate that I have a job I could stay home this week from without penalty and I have the insurance I do. So many people don't have these luxuries. I often wonder how they manage to survive, but I know it's because they're survivors, I came from them. :P

By Monday, I hope to be new again. :D Thanks for caring.. (((Paula)))

Oh Leatha Doll, that is it. I am bringing my magic wand in for a complete tune up. I am so sorry you are still not well. Those bugs really can knock us out for awhile and there is no negotiating a quick fix. I wish I lived closer so I could make you homemade broth and spoon it for you in a cute little baby spoon for your sore throat. I will pray for a speedy healing and rebuilding of your strength. Can't keep a good girl down for long, you will be rebounding and telling us your stories of a tremendous amount of energy and how none of your clothes fit as they are all too lose. Wait a minute, I just nodded off and that is my recurring fantasy dream. Okay, I will let you share it with me. HA. Get better now honey. Sorry about my defective magic wand. Hugs and love, T

Just think where I might be without it, Theresa Marie?? :( It might have been hopeless. I think you pulled me back from my deathbed. lol. :P

I'm glad to hear you are doing better, this dang thing takes a while before you start getting over it. I have the name of some great cough Syrup the doctor gave me, when I get home I'll let you know the name of it if you want it. I worked fantastic for me.

Okay. I did go get some of those Cold-eze lozenges. They helped with the scratchy throat/coughing thing and they're supposed to help other symptoms as well. So far, so good. The best news.. I had to go have my coumadin level checked because of the Rocephin shot and other medications added and changed and TODAY it is right in the middle of normal. :( Whew! I was so scared this past few days because any little thing can get it completely out of whack. I still have to have it checked again next week, but if it's still normal, I'm going to have a party! :P lol.

Now, to slay the other demon on my plate, which is the daunting task of changing from one long used anti-depressant to another. It's a tough thing to do, but much needed and hopefully this week of being sick worked in a good way with it. We'll know better as the days go along.