Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hm, should I be worried?

Hey guys, first time poster, long time lurker here. But anyway, I had my first fill yesterday. I got 3cc's worth. I've been drinking liquids. But the thing is, I can drink absolutely fine, now I haven't tried blatantly chugging, but I can drink just like normal it seems. I had expected there to be a very noticeable amount of restriction. But maybe liquids go down like normal? What's your experience?

I'm curious, do you not feel the effect of the band until you have your first real meal? Or if not, did you just need to go back and get another fill? Or was there something more serious going on? Should I be worried? I should be working in regular meals within a day or two. So I guess we'll see.

It took 5 fills before I felt any noticeable restriction. Few people hit their sweet spot with just one fill. Wait a week and if you don't feel any restriction, go back and get another fill.

It took 5 fills before I felt any noticeable restriction. Few people hit their sweet spot with just one fill. Wait a week and if you don't feel any restriction, go back and get another fill.

Good to hear. I was playing out potential horror stories in my head. Like, what if the nurse missed the port and shot the salene into my stomach? Or, what if the band had somehow come undone and was just floating around. Yeah, they all sound crazy, I know.

I had one fill and I can definitely tell the difference. Mornings are especially hard for me as I am really tight. If I try to eat anything that is not warm, it will get stuck. It might take a couple more fills for you before you feel it.

Now that you've started fills, you need to go to the "fill" forum and do some reading......wish you had done it before your first fill so you wouldn't be worried. It usually takes 2-3 or more fills before you feel restriction. It also is common for it to take a few days or more for a fill to take effect. It also depends upon how aggressive your doctor is with fills. Many variables to this fill business and everyone is different.

3ccs is a lot. Liquids will go down better than food. Just wait til you eat solids and remember to eat slowly and little bites. It will sneak up on you!! DH didn't think he had restriction as his pills all went down slick, but when he started eating his steak last night, 3 days after his fill, it stuck. He's never had that feeling before and it was an eye opener for him. At least we know the band is working!!

The test for me at the doctor's was to CHUG a liquid. They want liquids to go down easily. Liquids should always go down without a hitch....but everything else will be different. Don't look at the way you react on liquids to determine how your fill is doing.