Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric bypass or VSG??? I had my first visit with my bariatric doctor and he advised me that I should do bypass. I'm confused and I don't know what I should do? Please help? Btw I'm 25 year old Male weighing in 298 lbs height 5'7.5" tall.

Did he say why he prefers the bypass versus VSG?

the RNY has restriction and malabsorption where as the sleeve is just restriction. Were you diagnosed with GERD? If so, VSG isn’t the go to surgery for those with GERD as it may exacerbate the issue.

Some doctors also feel that if a patient has 100+ lbs. to lose then rny is preferred

Bypass due to acid reflux....it’s be ok tho.

Unless you have bad GERD/acid reflux or are a poorly controlled diabetic. I'm not sure why he would be encouraging you to have a bypass over a sleeve.

There are quite a few reasons to chose the bypass over the sleeve. Besides any reflux issues. Your co-morbidities will play a factor as well. I've seen a few folks (and a friend of mine) that went VSG only to revise to the bypass. I myself originally went with the band back in 2011... and revised to bypass Mar 21st.

I honestly wish I went with the bypass from the get go. Both the Band and the Sleeve only provide restriction and both can be "eaten around" with ease. You typically don't get any negative feedback from eating badly with the Band of Sleeve.

Did you ask your surgeon why he felt the bypass was better in your situation than the sleeve? They could have a very good, medically driven reason.

Personally, having done just restriction and transitioning over to the bypass.... I'd lean towards the Bypass.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches