Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Exercise Challenge!

Sounds like you are off to a good start with the trainer Nana!

I am doing well with the cardio portion of my workout, but I must start in earnest with the weight training. My problem is that I had an awesome trainer in the States (a Golden Gloves Boxing champion), and nobody else can measure up to him.

When you are trained by a boxer, that is one tough workout!!!! They have no mercy or sympathy, as you might imagine.

I have tried other trainers, but they just don't work me hard enough. Also, I prefer to work with free weights and the vast majority of trainers prefer to work with machines. I therefore think the time has come for me to go it alone, hence my current lack of motivation...................

My former trainer is still a dear friend and I was just discussing this with him the other night. One reassurance he gave me was that my current cardio regime is good. That said, no more excuses -- the time has come to start working with the weights again.

Banane43.gifCrazy Ates November Exercise Challengeboxing.gif

13/16 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

9.75 cm/4cc Inamed Band

2 fills (both under fluoro): 9/07 & 11/07

I need to add strength and flexibility training to my routine too. I'm reluctant to join a gym again because I've never stuck with it before and I hate to waste the money. I am wondering if the money might be better spent on some kind of home equipment. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what is going to work for me long term. In the short term, I've signed up for a physical conditioning class at a local college. It will start in January and go through May. Its very inexpensive (less than $100) and I'll have access to the campus facility and learn how to use the free weights and the equipment. I'm hoping it will help me figure out what works best for me.

I did get in a short walk today. I just took a break from all the cooking and went for a walk. That is so unlike the old me and I really like the change.

17/24 Days of ExerciseBanane43.gif

Well I didn't have any formal exercise yesterday, but 3 hours of packing a truck and then 4 hours of unpacking the truck and hauling a crap load of HEAVY stuff up a flight of stairs is going to count for my last day of exercise to meet the challenge. I am going to go join the gym tomorrow so I wil get in a few more days. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We spent our day finishing the unloading of the truck and unpacking boxes. We are going to go and share an entree at one of the open restaurants.

3.9 mile walk this morning......And the weather was great And another lb gone. That makes 80 lbs gone so far

Good morning all!

Let's see where do I start...as everyone is doing SO amazingly well!!!

Becky, your absolute dedication to your workouts is highly inspirational!!!!

Karri, I cannot believe that in the midst of an already physically challenging move, you took time out to get a workout in. That is WAY above and beyond -- Good for you!!!

Dave, 80 pounds -- WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!!

I (and the scales) are still recovering from my Thanksgiving Day "carbo-rama," but the workouts are helping

Have a great Saturday everyone!

14/16 Days of Exercise

weight.png

9.75 cm/4cc Inamed Band

2 fills (both under fluoro): 9/07 & 11/07

In the short term, I've signed up for a physical conditioning class at a local college. It will start in January and go through May. Its very inexpensive (less than $100) and I'll have access to the campus facility and learn how to use the free weights and the equipment. I'm hoping it will help me figure out what works best for me.

Becky, that sounds like an excellent plan. I might've looked into that, too, if I would have tho't of it!! LOL

But seriously, I'm pretty determined to make this work at the gym. Like I say at least twice a day, the band won't keep me from falling off the wagon, it'll just keep the wagon from going off and leaving me behind!!

So, whereas before, every other time I've joined a gym, I've fallen off the wagon and given up -- this one has so much more to offer, if I have a problem with one thing -- like say my back messes up like it did when I belonged to Curves a few years ago, I can switch to the Water aerobics. Etc.

The point is to not just give up and sit on my butt again!

Progress is like riding a bike, if you aren't moving forward, you're falling over!

Frangipani - It was very difficult to actually go and join the gym (and fork over the money) but I felt very good afterwards. Today...a different story. I am very very sore, so I am taking today and tomorrow to rest. It has been a very physical last few days so I think I deserve it. Starting Monday though, no excuses.

Everyone else is doing great on getting exercise during the holidays.

Sounds like everyone is realy digging in and working hard. Frangi, I second everything you said. This is an impressive group. Dave, you are already almost half way to your goal and Salsa is already in onederland!! Nana, you have already exceeded your exercise goal for the month. I like this thread because it is so up beat and positive. I love to see us all having success. And yes Salsa, you deserve a day off to rest your muscles.

Today was an example of needing an alternative to my outdoor walking. It was cold and raining, so I bundled up, carried an umbrella, and managed to get in a 30 minute

walk. Jody, I wish I enjoyed the cold as much as you. Do any of you have a treadmill or any kind of equipment at home? What about those indoor walking in place videos? Has anyone tried those? Its going to be cold and rainy here again tomorrow, but I can't miss one more day if I'm going to make this month's challenge. I guess I'll be out there with my umbrella again tomorrow!

18/24 Days of ExerciseBanane43.gif

That is some dedication Becky! I don't walk in the cold and it was down to 15 degrees this morning, so that is why I had to stop walking outside and why I needed to join the gym. A treadmill is a good choice. I had one but had to sell it when we decided to move into an upstairs apartment. I got mine at Wal-Mart for 350$ earlier this summer and it was a pretty good one. My muscles really did need a rest. I sneezed tonight and my ab muscles felt screamed at me.

Good Morning All!

Well, I certainly had an eventful workout this morning......I got asked out on a date.

About halfway through my workout this morning as I was walking (and sweating copiously and panting), a very pleasant, thirty-something, man waved at me and said good morning as I walked past.

A few minutes later he caught up with me on the road and started a conversation. I live in a very social place and meet new people all of the time. I therefore thought nothing of it and stopped to chat. About 20 minutes into the conversation he asked me if I would like to join him for dinner this evening.

At that point you really could have knocked me over with a feather (although hopefully I didn't show it). It never even occurred to me that he might be "interested." After battling this weight problem for so long now, that sort of thing isn't even a part of my mind set.

I don't wear jewelry when I work out and wasn't wearing my wedding ring, so I explained to him that I am married.

A few minutes later we ended the conversation with him playing Sean Kingston's, "Beautiful Girls" on his iPhone for me -- because, he said, "You are a beautiful woman."

How's that for a major ego boost on a Sunday morning?????

15/16 Days of Exercise

weight.png

9.75 cm/4cc Inamed Band

Texas Becky -

I have a treadmill in the basement. I also have the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds dvd. I really need to use them!

Jody

Forgot to post I took a 1 hour walk today! :whoo::clap2:

My legs hurt but they will have to get over it!!

Frangipani, Well you did have an exciting workout this morning! I would have fainted if it happened to me. I had an encounter with a man on my walk today too. I walk at the same park as my primary care physician. We passed on the trail and he gave me a thumbs up! ha, ha. Not nearly as flattering as your little dinner invitation.

Jody, glad you're back posting again today. A whole hour! That's great. Keep up the good work. Tell me about the Leslie Sansome DVD's. Have you used them before? What do you think? Do they get boring?

I think I'd use and enjoy a treadmill, but again, I don't have a good history of sticking with that sort of thing and I don't want to waste more money. I've had various pieces of equipment in the past that all ended up just collecting dust. I feel like I've got to prove (to myself) that I'm really making a life long commitment to exercise before I spend anymore on equipment or memberships. Maybe I should set some kind of exercise goal and when I reach it reward myself with a good treadmill. Just rambling now.

Anyway, I managed to walk when it wasn't raining today and got in 40 minutes. Just five more days left this month.

19/24 Days of ExerciseBanane43.gif