Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats High In Protein

Could Some Of You Just Give An Idea Of What You Eat Each Day. I'm Not Losing, So I Just Would Like An Idea Of What Good To Eat!

Canned turkey and canned chicken have quite a bit of Protein per can.

It says 1 can= 2.5 servings, but I can eat at least 1/2 of it in 1 serving. (these are the rough estimates) 60calories per serving, 10-23g of protein per serving (turkey vs. chicken).

Here is a typical days food & exercise.

BF - Dannon Lite & Fit Yogurt with 1/4 cup LF granola

or 1/2 Cup Eggbeaters with a tad of cheese & ham

or a weight control oatmeal

(calories for bf 100 - 160 - Protein 6 - 12 g)

Lunch- Ususally left overs - Veggie 1 - 2 cups & small can of tuna

About once every 2 weeks go out to lunch and eat a Taco

or el pollo loco chick & bean 1 corn tortilla

(Calories lunch 200 to 250 - PT 15)

Afternoon - Clear Protein Drink that my Doc Sells

(calories 70 - 15 grms pt 15)

dinner - 4 oz baked catfish - 1/2 cup rice or small red bake potato

1 or 2 cup yellow crooked neck squash & zuchinne. or spinach

(calories 320 - 400 - pt 25)

Evening - 2 SF Choc puddings & 1 heathly Choice SF fudgecicle

(calorie 200 to 300 - pt 7)

Exercise - 5 day a week go to gym - walk minimum 2 miles - am now doing a 16 min mile - started at 22 min mile goal is 15 min mile - may do 3 miles on one day and on saturday mornings i strive for 3 or 4 miles and once in a while do a little work on the weights - but mostly just the walking...

Those calories are not exact nor is the menu - I figure i eat about 1000 to 1200 calories a day and get minium 60 grms of Protein.

I mostly use I can't believe it's not butter spray on my veggies & rice and some times a tad or real butter and olive oil to bake my fish - I eat fish 5-6 days a week red meat once a week- I count calories and protein and diary all my food in a little notebook that i carry.

Prior to this last fill - i was usually eating 2 cup of food per meal - excluding Breakfast.. I got my 2nd fill on 10/24 and will start the whole banding diet over - 1 week full liquids - 1 week mushies - 1 week soft - 4th week back to reg food.

I am working hard at this and i am hungry at times -- it's a mental challenge to change your eating habits. If i am extra hungry at nite - i eat extra veggies - may have lite toast & butter along with 1/2 cup o.j. (lite) - I dislike exercise very much - but i know that it is a MUST to help you loose weight-

good luck

I am losing about 3 pounds per week. I think I eat more than many bandsters (1200-1300 CALS).

This is what I eat

6:00 am fuzyy navel Protein drink 90 cal 23 g Protein

10:00 am beef Jerky 60 cal 13g protein

12:00 Half of a Healthy Choice panini 155 cal 12 g protein

3:00 Almond nut thins 90 cal 2g protein

5:00 papadum crisps 120 cal 4g. protein

7:00 Eggplant rolettes 350 calories 12 g of protein

about 1024 calories

79 grams of protein

I exercise at least 6 times a week, burning about 300 calories per day, a couple of days a week probably twice that.

Hope this helps

Hi everyone! I was banded 7/2/07. I still have difficulty eating meat.....i can only eat ground beef. I really miss chicken, etc. I only have 1 1/2 cc in my band. Is this normal? I see many of you eat meat and have a fairly "normal" diet. No matter how much I chew, I have to wait after a few forkfuls for food to "go down". So I just sit there and do nothing while everyone eats. If I continue to eat, food will get stuck, etc. Please share your thoughts with me. Thanks!

linda thats very normal...slow way down and take VERY small bites (size of pinky fingernail). i still have to push away while everyone else is eating if i eat too fast. you will get used to the signals in time. Try using a babyspoon to eat with, it forces you to take very small bites. in time you dont even think about it anymore you just do it automaticly.

also...try ground turkey. i love it. I still cant do chicken real well but find i dont miss it so much really.