Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I think it is super duper important to know your unique body needs when choosing a diet you can honestly stick with and enjoy for life.

So glad you're eating in a diet that is great for you Creek! Congrats!!!

@Creekimp13 Me, too -- on sleep (from losing weight in general -- no more sleep apnea), blood pressure meds (ditched them at surgery), and almost there on antidepressants (slowing transitioning because I've been taking Paxil -- sigh -- I have to go down 0.5 units every 2 weeks, currently down from 30 to 15, so another month to go).

2 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

@Creekimp13 Me, too -- on sleep (from losing weight in general -- no more sleep apnea), blood pressure meds (ditched them at surgery), and almost there on antidepressants (slowing transitioning because I've been taking Paxil -- sigh -- I have to go down 0.5 units every 2 weeks, currently down from 30 to 15, so another month to go).

Congrats on your awesome success!!! And congrats on stepping down off of the anti-depressant!

Paxil is a brutal wean, Apple, I don't envy you. It's also one of the worst ones out there for weight gain. Plus side: I'm guessing you're gonna see a bump in weight loss after you're off:) I gained 25 pounds in a year on Paxil in the late 90's. Felt great, but ate like a crazed hippy at a rainbow gathering. LOL:) Had crazy dreams when I went off, but a lot of folks have worse discontinuation symptoms. You are very smart to wean.

3 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Paxil is a brutal wean, Apple, I don't envy you. It's also one of the worst ones out there for weight gain. Plus side: I'm guessing you're gonna see a bump in weight loss after you're off:) I gained 25 pounds in a year on Paxil in the late 90's. Felt great, but ate like a crazed hippy at a rainbow gathering. LOL:) Had crazy dreams when I went off, but a lot of folks have worse discontinuation symptoms. You are very smart to wean.

My surgeon asked me to, and my PCP also thought it was a good idea. Its been 10 years!! Its been going OK --sometimes I get flushed/anxious, and I'm not entirely sure if its the Paxil or my Synthroid is too high for my current weight, or some combination therein. I absolutely know what you mean with the crazy dreams -- I get those if I miss a dose or two!!!

Just now, Apple203 said:

My surgeon asked me to, and my PCP also thought it was a good idea. Its been 10 years!! Its been going OK --sometimes I get flushed/anxious, and I'm not entirely sure if its the Paxil or my Synthroid is too high for my current weight, or some combination therein. I absolutely know what you mean with the crazy dreams -- I get those if I miss a dose or two!!!

It sure could be both, but I think it's the Paxil. I had that like crazy when I was weaning off of Meridia. It took me months to wean off! I would get rushes, flushed, anxious, muscle cramping. I'd take my portion of pill, and poof, within about 20-30minutes that would all go away. So I think there was a relationship between them.

4 hours ago, MissLindseyR said:

Good Morning!!

I am in the last month of my 6 month supervised diet. I have lost about 23lbs, but it has been a very long and hard journey. I went out of town for a week for work and gained 10lbs! 10!! How crazy!! I'd like to work on getting even better at my nutrition. I have seen a lot of people do a Keto type diet after their surgery. I was wondering if anyone has done Keto and kept going through surgery. Has it helped? If so, what are your macros, any website info you can share, any recipes would be awesome as well!!

Thank you

I get a lot of my Keto recipes from Kayln's Kitchen.

https://kalynskitchen.com/