Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4cc or 10cc which is best?

I have the 10cc and I have been filled 3 times. NO resriction whatsoever!!! Would the 4cc be better? And I heard the 4cc don't have to get filled for awhile after being banded. Is this true?

How much do you have in now, I have a 10 cc band and my fills are up to 7.6 cc's. I can hardly eat anyting i'm so tight. It's been 2 weeks since last fill and have not got any loser.

I don't think either one is "better", they both work the same.

And as far as fills go, every person is different. Some people lose quite a bit of weight with no fill (either size) and some need one or some or many fills before it starts working.

I doubt very much if your surgeon would entertain the idea of switching out your band because you think one is better than the other.

Just my opinion.

Who said anything about changing bands. I went to through to much for that. I just was wondering if it would take mor time because it was a 10cc. And besides that I self paid and I wouldn't waste another dime on this band until I see some pounds rolling off!!

bmysuccess,I'm unsure of how filled I am because my dr. refuses to tell his patients that information. Ain't that a -----!!

Strange Dr. won't tell you amount of cc's. I've never heard that before. How often will they let you go back for a fill. My Dr. makes you wait for at least 3 weeks.

I doubt there's a big difference between the bands. They claim that the design of the new AP band is "better" and less likely to cause slips and/or erosion but who really knows at this early stage. I'd like to believe that's true because I have the APS :biggrin1:

Do you have to pay for each fill? Either way I'd demand to know how much they are putting in but specially if you are paying out of pocket for each fill.

What if each fill is only .5cc as opposed to 1-3cc? Could make a big difference in the amount of time it takes you to get to restriction.

I have the 10cc and I have been filled 3 times. NO resriction whatsoever!!! Would the 4cc be better? And I heard the 4cc don't have to get filled for awhile after being banded. Is this true?

I think my doc said or read somewhere that the size of band that you are given depends on the size of your stomach... Not 100% sure on that one - but remember that from somewhere.

I have the new band - most people who were banded in July do and my doc told me this last time i went that i have the new small band.

Personnally i really don't care what size or the #'s of cc's are in the only #'s i concern myself with are the ones on the scales... Imho i don't get why any one cares if they have 1 cc 2 cc as long as they have restrictions...

I think my doc said or read somewhere that the size of band that you are given depends on the size of your stomach...

I have also read this to be true. Also, if you have the larger band, I understand that it DOES take longer to reach your 'sweet spot'.

I am not sure but I may have read somewhere that it took until about 6.0-7.cc s to get good restriction.

Redgirl there is a good thread somewhere with people posting their fill amounts. I'll see if I can link it for you. But ya, it could be confusing and frustrating if you don't know your fill amount.

Strange Dr. won't tell you amount of cc's. I've never heard that before. How often will they let you go back for a fill. My Dr. makes you wait for at least 3 weeks.

I have been going every week for three weeks.

I doubt there's a big difference between the bands. They claim that the design of the new AP band is "better" and less likely to cause slips and/or erosion but who really knows at this early stage. I'd like to believe that's true because I have the APS :biggrin1:

Do you have to pay for each fill? Either way I'd demand to know how much they are putting in but specially if you are paying out of pocket for each fill.

What if each fill is only .5cc as opposed to 1-3cc? Could make a big difference in the amount of time it takes you to get to restriction.

I don't have to pay for the fills up to a year, then I have to pay. Do you thinkl the dr. is holding out on me??