Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I dont get this

Ok so I mentioned somewhere on these forums that I had 4cc in a 10cc band and people thought that wasnt very much but my doctor said I am pretty much filled up. She doesnt like to go over 4cc. I can eat whatever I want and nothing ever gets stuck and I never PB. So I wonder could I actually be that full. Does anyone elses doctor give that kind of limit on fills? I have seen other people who have a lot bigger fill amount than I do and I am not losing any weight, I have stayed the same weight for a year. Any input would be good.

Gummiebear, this is confusing to me as well. my band doesn`t feel tight and i can eat anything. my doctor said that i was pretty full. i have a 4cc band and i have 2.2cc in the band but i am living off of self control. i had a fill on the 16th of september but still have little restriction. me myself think it has to do with your mind and knowing when you are full. i have had food as my comfort for so long when i full i still want to eat. so the hardest part for me is knowing when i am really hungry and when i am not. use a little self control it worked for me but it was and still is hard.good luck

Nope, no limit on fills. To be a candidate for a fill the doc listens to certain key words the patient uses in the visit. Without these key buzz words, the doc may not do a fill. Get out the manual and look for the section on adjustments. When you see the doc next, speak to him/her using the phrases out of the book.

If you still don't get a fill...something is wrong.

"still hungry" "I fell like I eat too much" "difficult to stay on the prescribed diet".... just a few examples.

Next time ask your doc if you have the small band.. (I bet you do) my doc only calls them the small and large.....

Ok.. so I have the small..... it is 10cm long and is supposed to hold 4cc's of Fluid. So at my last fill I asked...... OK DOC, so how much does it REALLLLLLY hold. (I had read that they can be overfilled to near 6cc's)

He told me that he didn't have any patients with the small band that had over 5cc's in their band.... and its true I have near 4cc's and I've been at my sweet spot since August.. HOWEVER in the last week I can tell that I can eat more than I had previously......... also it's important to know that my doc had not even heard of OMNIPAQUE until I told him..... they are human and your doc may not know that the bands can be overfilled.... (heck my doc didn't even do a pre op diet until he went to a conference and talked to other surgeons) and my doc is GREAT! Ask the question next time.. you need restriction for the band to work.

I think that is where you are getting confused. There is a 10 cm & a 9.75cm band and these hold 4cc (some docs go a little over that though).